I think RIM should buy a CLOUD platform or build on their Protect App to allow syncing of everything including pics/vids. I currently use Google Sync for my contacts and calendar, but having it all in one, integrated place would rock. I like how i can sign into Google and have everything right there in front of me, but i want to get away from a Google account and continue to use a different email address, rather than Gmail.

I bring this up because i bought a test android to toy with and when i link the phone with my Google account, all my picasa pics/vids sync to it. I would never consider using an Android full time, but RIM could make a sweet, sweet platform to do this.

HTC just bought Dashwire (so they say) and i use to use M:IQ until Google linked everything into one single account.

Anyone agree that RIM should get to work on this?
    08-06-11 03:52 PM
    If they do, I hope it is SugarSync
    08-06-11 05:03 PM
    I like how i can sign into Google and have everything right there in front of me, but i want to get away from a Google account and continue to use a different email address, rather than Gmail.
    With Google Apps you can use any email you want. I currently use my own domain name for email. This creates professionalism. IMO, having @hotmail, @msn, @live @gmail, @yahoo, @aol etc... looks amatuer. I am not sure if your just trying to get away from @gmail and go to another service or if you meant going withyour own domain name but Google Apps will allow for your own domain name and you still are in the ecosystem of all the Google apps!

Yes I am partial to Google because frankly they provide some of the best services I have used without paying a company like Micro$oft hundreds of dollars for their software which seems more and more outdated.
    08-06-11 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD