Today while reading an article on Crackberry by Jubei Raziel, the first sentence had me thinking long after I finished reading. "Android users buy specs, iPhone users buy brand, but BlackBerry users buy an experience". Whether that's true or not, that made me ask myself why I am so loyal to Blackberry? I never thought about it really. So I thought about the four BlackBerry devices I've owned before my Z10 and automatically my 8310 came to mind. I absolutely loved that phone. That was my first BlackBerry and as they say first impressions are everything. That device put me on the Crackberry boat and that device is the reason I never got off. Even when my curiosity was at its peak, I stuck with BlackBerry and I guess that's what makes me a brand loyalists.

So with that said, whether it's partial or full blown, what device is responsible for your brand loyalty to BlackBerry?

...for those of you willing to admit it lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dee_Hayes; 05-01-14 at 10:29 AM.
    04-29-14 06:20 PM
    What a coincidence, 8320 for me.
    04-29-14 06:24 PM
    I carried (2) BlackBerry phones for many years while working for AT&T. I carried a Bold for work, and various other BlackBerry phones as my personal until just before retiring I got a Torch as my personal phone. It made sense to me to use the same brand for both rather than having to learn (2) operating systems. Many years later I am still carrying a BlackBerry phone. I retired from AT&T and now carry only (1) phone, my Z10. And today I still love it. I strongly dislike the Apple mindset. I have seen too many people struggle with their architecture and the way "everything" has to be Apple. I have never tried an Android phone. They seem gimmicky to me. Maybe that is wrong to say considering I have never tried one, but it is how I feel. I am loyal to BlackBerry and have no plans to leave. Thanks for reading.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith and stlabrat like this.
    04-29-14 06:38 PM
    I carried (2) BlackBerry phones for many years while working for AT&T. I carried a Bold for work, and various other BlackBerry phones as my personal until just before retiring I got a Torch as my personal phone. It made sense to me to use the same brand for both rather than having to learn (2) operating systems. Many years later I am still carrying a BlackBerry phone. I retired from AT&T and now carry only (1) phone, my Z10. And today I still love it. I strongly dislike the Apple mindset. I have seen too many people struggle with their architecture and the way "everything" has to be Apple. I have never tried an Android phone. They seem gimmicky to me. Maybe that is wrong to say considering I have never tried one, but it is how I feel. I am loyal to BlackBerry and have no plans to leave. Thanks for reading.

Posted via CB10
    I had both the 9800 and the 9810. The Torch was a good phone but the Torch 2 was definitely an upgrade. As far as other phones, I handled plenty of iPhones and a few androids. Although some phones have enticing features I continue to support and buy BlackBerry phones. And honestly everything going on with this company reinforces my brand loyalty.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-29-14 06:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    My sentiments entirely. Spot on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-29-14 07:05 PM
    The 9000. That was the special one that I wanted and while I only had mine for a few months it was everything I had hoped.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 08:41 PM
    That statement is not true. Apple ppl buy the entire Apple "experience" ie. good customer service, great warranties, Genius help bar, dead simple UI, great resell value, etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 08:49 PM
    For me, it was definitely either the Torch 9800 or the Curve 9300. The Torch was my first real smartphone, and therefore fell in love with it. But after breaking my Torch, I needed a cheap replacement. It amazed me how the Curve 9300 was so cheap but could offer just as good of a BlackBerry experience as the Torch. (Something you can't say for Apple or Android). Now rocking my beautiful Z10. Love BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 09:20 PM
    I had a 9900 that wasn't the greatest, but my q10 is what kick started my blackberry experience

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-29-14 09:40 PM
    My first Blackberry was my first true phone love.. the Curve 9330. UNF! I just loved that phone... it held me down for some years, which is quite a while for that time of my life that I had it. I had to give it up after water damage. When I went to replace it in store all they had were feature phones, androids and iphones. I tried an android and an iphone, in that order and neither lasted a year before I was yearning for my qwerty baby lol. I finally got smart and shopped online. ended up purchasing another 9330, then i upgraded and swapped it in when discovered the 9350, the sleekest thinnest Curve, and I've fallen in love with my device all over again.
    acovey likes this.
    04-29-14 09:50 PM
    I'm very loyal to the brand because of the nostalgic memories I have with it. I got my first BB in freshman year of high school, the curve 8530, and I just had so many good times connecting with people through it and everything, and I think that's what really connected me to the brand. Now of course I use it for the keyboard and outstanding features it offers me. Oh, and security!

Sent from my BlackBerry
    riss89 and boeingrules like this.
    04-29-14 09:51 PM
    The 9000. That was the special one that I wanted and while I only had mine for a few months it was everything I had hoped.

Posted via CB10
    I remember having BlackBerry to BlackBerry phone envy with a friend of mine that had that phone. I had the new track pad (touch sensitive kind) curve and the 9000 just made me feel like I downgraded instead of getting a better phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 09:55 PM
    For me it's blackberry playbook
    04-29-14 09:57 PM
    My first one was the Curve 8530. The one with no flash. That made me so angry. But firing off emails for work and messaging, perfect. It did everything I needed a phone to do perfectly and it was bullet proof. I stuck with BlackBerry because I'm stubborn as a mule and frankly, I don't give a rip about apps. Got a Z10 on launch day and I can't imagine using something besides BlackBerry.
    04-29-14 10:46 PM
    Communication capability.
    04-29-14 10:51 PM
    My experience started with the Curve 8320, which was passed on to my daughter because I had upgraded to the Bold 9780. That was a solid and tough phone. Then the Bold 9900 arrived and I was completely smitten. Loved the feel of it. Now I am rocking the Z10, and looking forward to the release of the Bold Classic/Q20. And yes we have and do own devices from the other platforms. Always BlackBerry for me.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-30-14 10:39 AM
    I started with the Z10 so.... yeah. I guess one factor is being different than the others and having a specific forte on communications that make me stick with BlackBerry. The thing that I love about the phone is how fast I could type on it and 90% of the time it just gets it right. I think it's amazing.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 12:00 PM
    Torch 9800. I was very excited the first day I got it. Got a PlayBook a year later. Loved the combination.
    04-30-14 12:11 PM
    BlackBerry Torch was my first BlackBerry phone. Mainly due to the keyboard I got hook!

Posted via CB10
    nyfinch likes this.
    04-30-14 02:17 PM
    9530 > 9650 > PlayBook > Z10

Today while reading an article on Crackberry by Jubei Raziel, the first sentence had me thinking long after I finished reading. "Android users buy specs, iPhone users buy brand, but BlackBerry users buy an experience".
    I read portion of Jubei's Ode to BlackBerry.... just wan't sure what experience he was talking about, seems like iOS and Android both have more complete and full "experiences". Classical BlackBerry was about the Email and the Keyboard... but PUSH email is dead and it's pretty clear the Keyboard is a "niche" experience.
    04-30-14 02:37 PM
    Storm 2 9550, this was my first smart phone. I thought it was amazing, I had trouble putting it down. I had 7 other people get BlackBerry's within a year.
    04-30-14 03:56 PM
    9530 > 9650 > PlayBook > Z10

I read portion of Jubei's Ode to BlackBerry.... just wan't sure what experience he was talking about, seems like iOS and Android both have more complete and full "experiences". Classical BlackBerry was about the Email and the Keyboard... but PUSH email is dead and it's pretty clear the Keyboard is a "niche" experience.
    The whole "full experience" thing is debatable. Some people have a "full experience" on a BlackBerry device. But that's not the point of this thread. I'm just simply curious and asked which past or present device is responsible for your loyalty to BlackBerry, partial or full.

Posted via CB10
    riss89 and Toodeurep like this.
    04-30-14 04:47 PM
    I think its completely opposite. Blackberry owners buy for the brand and Apple users buy for the experience. I don't know how it could be seen any other way.
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    05-01-14 07:36 AM
    Well, first I am not loyal. If I wanted to use something else I would with no fear lol. I guess what has kept me is that I'm not a big app user and I like BB10, not that it doesn't need some improvement and fixing. The tour was my first and the only reason I got that was the sales person showed my about tethering which is what I asked about when I got my first smartphone.

I will add that if BB10 never came out I would have moved to something else.
    05-01-14 08:06 AM
    7100 on AT&T, got it used from ebay when my nokia broke. Fell in love and since I've had Storms 1&2, torch all touch, Z10, and now the pinnacle Z30. Even if BB goes belly up, I will purchase used devices as long as I can.
    acovey likes this.
    05-01-14 08:12 AM
56 123