It wasn't a bill, it was based on a court case that had nothing to do with a password protected phone and the court will not bring up issues that are not before it.
    Yes, and furthermore, decisions in cases apply to the litigants of those cases only. (Everyone is entitled to his day in court.) "Case law" is a bit of a misnomer, as only the legislature makes law. "Case history" might be more accurate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 07:54 AM
    Do what I do: "no speak english" lol

01-11-11 08:00 AM
    Any phone that supports the proper exchange policies can be remote wiped.

But it's not like the Police will let you log into a computer to remote wipe you phone. Password wipe is nice and all, though.

Google phones make you log in with your Google credentials if you fail the pin code/swipe lock too many times and they cannot force you to give them you User Name and Password.

This only matters to people who don't use lockscreens on their phones (most people do). If you do, you have nothing to worry about because they cannot force you to give them your login information (Code, Pin, UN/PW, etc.) without a supoena.
    Remote wiping only works so long as there is connection and the phone antenna is working. Plus, in the case of the other platforms, you're leaving the matter in the hands of a third party (e.g. Google) who will comply with a subpoena. That's why I like BlackBerry. Supposedly even RIM can't break in. But I suppose for the girlfriend, the other platforms would suffice, lol.

Last edited by T�nis; 01-11-11 at 08:07 AM.
    01-11-11 08:03 AM
    Do what I do: "no speak english" lol

ah, a version of what you do here, eh? j/k
    01-11-11 11:33 AM
    ah, a version of what you do here, eh? j/k
    Lol

1812dave likes this.
    01-11-11 12:32 PM
    So, if you're "falsely arrested", then what incriminating info are they going to find on your phone? Did you read the article that you posted or just the headline?
    They may try to use illicit information like a txt to your pot dealer against you, when they had no right to investigate you in the first place. My device has a 11 digit password and wipes after 10 attempts I prefer to keep my info secure.
    01-11-11 02:08 PM
    They may try to use illicit information like a txt to your pot dealer against you, when they had no right to investigate you in the first place. My device has a 11 digit password and wipes after 10 attempts I prefer to keep my info secure.
    Mine's 8 character. Medium-high security. 3 attempts and "good game". 3 incorrect attempts and it wipes.
    01-19-11 09:59 AM
    "Don't Talk to Cops" is a video on YouTube. I'm a newbie and can't post the link, but it's definitely worth watching.

(by a law professor)

This idea of "If you're innocent, you have nothing to hide" is ignorant misinformation. I don't support being rude to cops, but I don't support stupidity either.
    01-19-11 02:44 PM
    Heres a thought - if this is for drug stops, how about you, oh I don't know, don't do illegal drugs?

As far as being more concerned about your girlfriend...well, I have no respect for anyone with that attitude. How about people respect the law or their relationships and don't do anything to warrant getting caught.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 01-19-11 at 04:17 PM.
    01-19-11 04:09 PM
    I prefer to not keep incriminating info on my phone. I know that makes me 'uncool' but I can live with that.
    This. Literally anyone could see my phone and I don't have a problem with that.
    01-19-11 04:47 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD