Not sure where Steve Jobs and your figure of 20,000 Apple customers comes into play. Steve Jobs inspired people and knew how important marketing was to Apple's success. BlackBerry's current CEO is uninspiring and has no clue whatsoever about the value of good marketing.
    The guy appears to be trolling hard to get a rise! LOL Pretty clear he doesn't know much about the industry....I like it when these guys just make up stories ....well you see first IBM made the PC to compete with the mac, but then, Bill Gates was like "I believe in the mouse", so he left IBM ....which made DOS, to start Windows, which now is known as Microsoft... eventually Steve Jobs was like "I only need 300 marketers to stand against the world!!", because he had consulted Larry Ellison, who told him the prophecy that he would take Apple to new legendary heights.....and that it didn't even matter what the products were, so he took the zune project he had been working on with MS and stole it, to make and iphone...... ;-)

It is true that Jobs and Apple were good at marketing, but of course, that was a tiny component of Apple's success. In fact, in the "olden" days, marketing, as good as it was, as great as 1984 was, could not insure Apple sales. In the end, as is usually the case in tech, it was the products which saved them. The ipod, the iphone, the changes to the PC's (the macbook air, the macbooks, the imacs, osX), the ipad....these are what made the company fly, and like it or not, they were killer products which have completely changed the industry - left everyone scrambling to make their own half-baked copy.
    09-17-13 07:33 PM
    That would be spelling.
    Thank you for that clarification, your cruelty is quite admirable. I'm sure you have brought much pleasure to those who find hate so delicious. It is an honor to meet such infallible creatures. Your words truly reflect your character .

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2.0.1725
    09-17-13 07:36 PM
    BB phones will be no more shortly...
    Source for this information? Or pure speculation?
    09-17-13 07:36 PM
    Your welcome. Blame BlackBerry for not recognising the difference between loose and lose

Posted via CB10
    Since we are all being the grammar police it is "you're welcome" not "your welcome".
    BoldPreza likes this.
    09-17-13 07:52 PM
    It saddens me deeply to know that blackberry will probably die soon. As far as material possessions go, my z10 is my favorite thing in my life. I bought it at the beginning, I have purchased basically every good app in bbw, and I have watched this platform evolve quickly into something that is awesome.

I think Thor has been a false prophet. He has been too quick to give up and try to sell the company. I am still hopeful that bb10 will somehow be successful and the company won't be sold but that seems very unlikely. I have to hope that the company is taken private and not just broken into pieces which would be the worst. It's sad to me that the founders don't have any more interest in BlackBerry either

I admit that I love this company more than I should and I hope and pray for them every day

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:58 PM
    Hello Lillyfox,

BB phones will be no more shortly, so it's just something you'll have to live with one way or another.
    When CB members make unsubstantiated absolutes like this on a BB fan site.. you really have to wonder why they even bother to type one word.. it's probably best to just move on .. don't you think?
    momofteme, bradu1, nyallj and 1 others like this.
    09-17-13 07:58 PM
    The guy appears to be trolling hard to get a rise! LOL Pretty clear he doesn't know much about the industry....I like it when these guys just make up stories ....well you see first IBM made the PC to compete with the mac, but then, Bill Gates was like "I believe in the mouse", so he left IBM ....which made DOS, to start Windows, which now is known as Microsoft... eventually Steve Jobs was like "I only need 300 marketers to stand against the world!!", because he had consulted Larry Ellison, who told him the prophecy that he would take Apple to new legendary heights.....and that it didn't even matter what the products were, so he took the zune project he had been working on with MS and stole it, to make and iphone...... ;-)

It is true that Jobs and Apple were good at marketing, but of course, that was a tiny component of Apple's success. In fact, in the "olden" days, marketing, as good as it was, as great as 1984 was, could not insure Apple sales. In the end, as is usually the case in tech, it was the products which saved them. The ipod, the iphone, the changes to the PC's (the macbook air, the macbooks, the imacs, osX), the ipad....these are what made the company fly, and like it or not, they were killer products which have completely changed the industry - left everyone scrambling to make their own half-baked copy.
    Are you saying I'm making up stories? Nothing in the quote you included is untrue. In fact, you're the one proudly putting out inaccurate information:.

Bill Gates actually left IBM after they rejected his idea of a totally new platform.
    Legacies- Bill Gates

I can't find anything about your claim that Steve Jobs worked with Microsoft on Zune. Can you please provide some proof?

I do agree with you that the revolutionary products you mentioned were key to Apple's success. It came through innovation, something that has dried up at BlackBerry lately.
    richardat likes this.
    09-17-13 08:01 PM
    I tried to reply in this thread 8 times, and deleted every word because I know I'll get banned.

Blackberry's failures start with YOU.

If YOU want to see Blackberry succeed then YOU make it happen. The level of entitlement from BlackBerry users is sickening, I do my part every chance I get in the real world to show BB10 potential to other s.

What do YOU do? I'd rather be part of a movment.

Flame away.

Posted via CB10
    Pard, Warlack, lynxs_claw and 3 others like this.
    09-17-13 08:17 PM
    I tried to reply in this thread 8 times, and deleted every word because I know I'll get banned.

Blackberry's failures start with YOU.

If YOU want to see Blackberry succeed then YOU make it happen. The level of entitlement from BlackBerry users is sickening, I do my part every chance I get in the real world to show BB10 potential to other s.

What do YOU do? I'd rather be part of a movment.

Flame away.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you!

djdragon likes this.
    09-17-13 08:23 PM
    Thank you!

Nothing further to add. DJDRAGON That was excellent!
    djdragon likes this.
    09-17-13 09:27 PM
    My suggestion if you're so hung up on BlackBerry is this. Do what my friend's father did when VHS beat out Beta. He went out and bought about 20 Betamax machines to last him for the rest of his life. Go out and buy a dozen or so BB10 phones. They'll work fine even if BBRY goes under.
    09-17-13 10:06 PM
    My suggestion if you're so hung up on BlackBerry is this. Do what my friend's father did when VHS beat out Beta. He went out and bought about 20 Betamax machines to last him for the rest of his life. Go out and buy a dozen or so BB10 phones. They'll work fine even if BBRY goes under.
    Hate to tell you but Beta didn't die, it's used everyday in the professional video field. So in fact it became a niche product.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 10:32 PM
    Thank you for that clarification, your cruelty is quite admirable. I'm sure you have brought much pleasure to those who find hate so delicious. It is an honor to meet such infallible creatures. Your words truly reflect your character .

Awe just for a little correction? Here you go
    09-17-13 10:40 PM
    You know, I'm a latecomer to this thread, and it just strikes me as funny. Op, I'm with you, but everyone take a step back and look at the posts, those that are saying it's wrong to be loyal, they are showing their loyalty to another company. A loyalty so strong that they will come to a fan site of a competeing platform, cry out for its death, and stomp on the feelings of other people.

We are loyal to a company that is providing us something different, something we want, something new and exciting. The same thing Apple did less than a decade ago. Apple's whole marketing push was to be different than the rest, be an individual. But Apple grew large enough that they are now the majority. And the fans are trying to destroy anyone that wants to do what Apple told us to do. Be different, not be stuck in a boring rut.

I simply don't understand how people enjoy ruining other people's day. And if history serves me right, someone will come piping in shortly that it's just a piece of glass and plastic, and that I must have some sort of issue that them verbally demolishing this piece of glass and plastic that I hold so dear could possibly ruin my day. So, before anyone says it, it's not what your opinion is of my phone that has any effect on my day, your opinion on my phone truly doesn't matter. Once you've finished your diatribe of bad phone, company doomed, my fruit is better than your fruit, not one tiniest bit of my opinion about this phone has changed. What matters is that in this day and age, with all the good things we have available to us, with real tragedies occurring daily, there's still people that like to bully others. That the social cues that we learned as children have obviously fallen on deaf ears, because while stating your opinion, your cause, is fine, we are supposed to know the right time and the right place for this. A rule I live my life by, is quite simple, try and leave other people in a better mood than you found them. Always. And if you find someone doing otherwise, stop them.
    I guess my parents raised me better than others.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 10:51 PM
    The main thing, is not to fear change, change can be good. I will continue to fight for BlackBerry so long as they are around, but you can not live sheltered away from the "fear". Use it to your advantage, use it to fight stronger and with more determination for your cause. Because who knows, we may see change from BlackBerry. It may be a change that shocks us all, that turns the mobile world on its head. Just keep speaking proudly to why you choose BlackBerry 10, and don't give up until there is no fear left to overcome.
    Kris I believe there is much wisdom in what you have said here. I too love BlackBerry. I am an anomaly in my family, and among my friends. I have not given up on BlackBerry, and as much as possible I try to be an ambassador for their success. But truly that is where my ability ends. Since I have no power personally to shape their destiny ( I have neither responsibility nor control) - I do however pray for this company. I pray for their success and the change needed to usher that in. But I will not fear their future. Lily Fox - what I hear from you is the fear that can come from a sense of loss; the loss of community and the loss of something in common with BlackBerry users. I do believe that is something not present in any other user platform. Apple doesn't generate it, nor does DROID. It is I think a love of the community that goes beyond the technical platform. I believe it is also partly a facet of BlackBerry being a bit of an underdog in the telecommunication pool. But I don' t believe that quality of our community will cease should BlackBerry as we know it end. BlackBerry didn't create it (the community). They only created the object that gave rise to its genesis. Don't fear Lily Fox - indeed. We are not going away. Besides we are called to "Fear God, and fear not." Be at peace -

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:00 PM
    It saddens me deeply to know that blackberry will probably die soon. As far as material possessions go, my z10 is my favorite thing in my life. I bought it at the beginning, I have purchased basically every good app in bbw, and I have watched this platform evolve quickly into something that is awesome.

I think Thor has been a false prophet. He has been too quick to give up and try to sell the company. I am still hopeful that bb10 will somehow be successful and the company won't be sold but that seems very unlikely. I have to hope that the company is taken private and not just broken into pieces which would be the worst. It's sad to me that the founders don't have any more interest in BlackBerry either

I admit that I love this company more than I should and I hope and pray for them every day

Posted via CB10
    Do you perhaps have some inside information we don't? They ain't dead yet. Why the eulogy?

This is my first ever BlackBerry phone, coming from Palm. And we all know how HP crushed them and flushed them down the toilet. I got this because I wanted all touch, and I thought BB10 looked better than WP on the Lumia. Though that camera was sorely tempting.

I have not regretted it, and totally enjoy the phone. Now I see the passion of a few to champion BlackBerry 10 and feel the same, so I joined. I have a daily battle locally with some unfortunate friends who happen to have some old Android phones trying to bad talk BlackBerry. I take pleasure in showing them up always.

Marketing is everything, and BlackBerry has not done enough of it in my opinion, but that doesn't mean that I don't have to do anything about it.

I too want to see a great OS and great products succeed. And if trumpeting it myself helps, I will. One thing for sure I won't do: give up and moan about it and come like a wet blanket to rain on a very enthusiastic supporter's parade.

Instead, I'll join that parade and be one of the loudest voices. Whatever bridges the future brings to cross, I'll cross when the time comes. I doubt my ZedTen will wither and die the moment anything unfortunate is announced.

#IchooseBlackBerry10 #ZedTen #CB10 Channel C00123045
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    09-17-13 11:13 PM
    When CB members make unsubstantiated absolutes like this on a BB fan site.. you really have to wonder why they even bother to type one word.. it's probably best to just move on .. don't you think?
    I think when you post over and over again in multiple threads whining about posters who's opinion differs from yours that one has to wonder why you don't move on.

I think when a person makes an irrational (ie."unsubstantiated absolutes) criticism of others, which is both foolish and hypocritical (YOU have made statements of the same nature), one has to wonder if the person is simply unable to think it through and realize this, or simply does not care whether they look foolish and hypocritical. Either way I do not care, but if you direct irrational, obnoxious, and hypocritical criticism at me, believe me, I will respond to each and every statement with a thorough debunking, and you will look a dullard.

If you wish to say: richardat I disagree, or richardat you hurt my feelings (yes I realize that is what you are truly saying here), then that is absolutely fine, but do not attack me with this kind of irrational drivel. I find it an affront to both the potential of the human intellect, and an insult to the board - you are in effect saying that you think people will see such logic as valid, and that the reasoning is worthy of the CB forum.
    09-18-13 12:20 AM
    Are you saying I'm making up stories?
    Sorry it was not clear, I was referring to the person you were responding to!

Nothing in the quote you included is untrue. In fact, you're the one proudly putting out inaccurate information:.
    Quite right.

agree with you that the revolutionary products you mentioned were key to Apple's success. It came through innovation, something that has dried up at BlackBerry lately.
    Yes.....Apple's success was indeed through innovative and revolutionary products....just as BB's original success was. The fact is, even if BB had some time - which they don't, and had some new innovative ideas - haven't seen the slightest hint of any, I don't believe in their ability to execute. Not only are they lacking in resources now, and basically awaiting their fate, even 1, 2, 3, years ago, they seemed quite incapable of even executing well on a "me-too" product eg. touchscreen phone, tablet, etc.

To even have a chance now, they'd need:

Colossal money
    a brand new reputation
    a complete overhaul of management
    a new culture (from the top to the lowliest employees)
    a completely new line of products

Problem: what's left? .....which is to say....they need to be a completely different company.
    09-18-13 12:32 AM
    I think when you post over and over again in multiple threads whining about posters who's opinion differs from yours that one has to wonder why you don't move on.

I think when a person makes an irrational (ie."unsubstantiated absolutes) criticism of others, which is both foolish and hypocritical (YOU have made statements of the same nature), one has to wonder if the person is simply unable to think it through and realize this, or simply does not care whether they look foolish and hypocritical. Either way I do not care, but if you direct irrational, obnoxious, and hypocritical criticism at me, believe me, I will respond to each and every statement with a thorough debunking, and you will look a dullard.

If you wish to say: richardat I disagree, or richardat you hurt my feelings (yes I realize that is what you are truly saying here), then that is absolutely fine, but do not attack me with this kind of irrational drivel. I find it an affront to both the potential of the human intellect, and an insult to the board - you are in effect saying that you think people will see such logic as valid, and that the reasoning is worthy of the CB forum.
    You stated BlackBerry phones would be no more. You were asked to substantiate your claim, which you ignored. When you were called on your 'unsubstantiated claims' you resorted to a post which is basically name calling. I can tell you from reading these posts, the poster that you are replying to does not in any way look like a hypocrite, a dullard, foolish or any of the other insults that I'm sure you think you wittily inserted in to this post.

Again, you made a claim, which at best is an educated guess, I'm sure a very biased educated guess. You did not answer someone that asked you a very reasonable question, which was to validate your claim. Resorting to name calling... well, I think that shows us the validity of your claim, and the purpose of your posting.

Posted via CB10
    nyallj and Vorkosigan like this.
    09-18-13 12:45 AM
    You stated BlackBerry phones would be no more.
    Correct.

You were asked to substantiate your claim, which you ignored.
    YOU ARE A LIAR. Quote below is the reply in it's entirety, there was no call for substantiation, and I ignored nothing. Your accusations are false.

When you were called on your 'unsubstantiated claims' you resorted to a post which is basically name calling.
    Repeating your lie does not make it true. Even worse, compounding it with another lie/false allegation "name calling" shows that your lie was no accident.

If either of you continue to make false allegations and lie about me, I will continue to debunk them aggressively. This entire forum has seen the nature of your posts in the preceding weeks - and I have noticed they have been thoroughly dissected by many other members, you will find that I am quite willing and capable of doing the same if you continue this juvenile behavior.
    Again, you made a claim, which at best is an educated guess,
    OBVIOUSLY, any statement about the future could be described as an "educated guess". The sun will rise tomorrow - "educated guess!!! hee hee hee, I'm a pseudo intellectual! LOOKEE AT ME!!!".

I'm sure a very biased educated guess.
    UNSUBSTANTIATED!!!! Oooh....this is fun. Asinine reasoning is A-OK!!!!

You did not answer someone that asked you a very reasonable question, which was to validate your claim.
    ]
    LIAR.
    Resorting to name calling... well, I think that shows us the validity of your claim, and the purpose of your posting.
    THIS IS THE SECOND LIE YOU KEEP REPEATING. I did not call anyone a name - notice your lack of quotes. I SAID that the criticism is foolish and hypocritical - it is, and I said that making such criticisms makes one look like a dullard, particularly when I debunk it - it does. Lying also makes one look like a dullard.

This beneath the forum, respond to CONTENT with REASONED posts - not insults, lies, and irrational points. We are not 12 year olds!!!! Come on guys....seriously.
    09-18-13 01:56 AM
    Correct.

YOU ARE A LIAR. Quote below is the reply in it's entirety, there was no call for substantiation, and I ignored nothing. Your accusations are false.

Repeating your lie does not make it true. Even worse, compounding it with another lie/false allegation "name calling" shows that your lie was no accident.

If either of you continue to make false allegations and lie about me, I will continue to debunk them aggressively. This entire forum has seen the nature of your posts in the preceding weeks - and I have noticed they have been thoroughly dissected by many other members, you will find that I am quite willing and capable of doing the same if you continue this juvenile behavior.

OBVIOUSLY, any statement about the future could be described as an "educated guess". The sun will rise tomorrow - "educated guess!!! hee hee hee, I'm a pseudo intellectual! LOOKEE AT ME!!!".

UNSUBSTANTIATED!!!! Oooh....this is fun. Asinine reasoning is A-OK!!!!

LIAR.

THIS IS THE SECOND LIE YOU KEEP REPEATING. I did not call anyone a name - notice your lack of quotes. I SAID that the criticism is foolish and hypocritical - it is, and I said that making such criticisms makes one look like a dullard, particularly when I debunk it - it does. Lying also makes one look like a dullard.

This beneath the forum, respond to CONTENT with REASONED posts - not insults, lies, and irrational points. We are not 12 year olds!!!! Come on guys....seriously.

One little champion and the future of Blackberry-img_00000299.png

That is where you were asked. One page back.

Calling someone a liar, is name calling. And not even trying to be witty this time. Not to mention, you are wrong.

I think someone has an issue with their temper. You're right, we're not 12 year olds, so let's not act like it ok? Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    nyallj and Vorkosigan like this.
    09-18-13 02:09 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000299.png 
Views:	373 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	202964

That is where you were asked. One page back.

Calling someone a liar, is name calling. And not even trying to be witty this time. Not to mention, you are wrong.

I think someone has an issue with their temper. You're right, we're not 12 year olds, so let's not act like it ok? Thank you.
    This is one of the most disgusting tactics I've witnessed on CB - and that's saying something.

UGH....this....what has CB become? These kind of purposeful lies and distortion are the tactics of the most ugly, unmoderated sites on the net.
    You are WELL AWARE of what post I was responding to, I QUOTED IT FOR YOU AGAIN - in case you missed the original quote. You are now trying to claim that my response to THAT post should have contained a response to another post by an entirely different poster? Ridiculous. LIAR. (name-calling? No, an accurate description of what you did, and the evidence is in writing)

You will note that I respond specifically and DIRECTLY with QUOTATION. I stand by my post 100%, it was appropriate to the post I QUOTED.

You are SORELY mistaken if you think I am angry. It is you who are emotional (thus the false and irrational accusations). Do not mistake emphasized words, for anger. I have no choice but to make this as SIMPLE as possible given your attempts to lie about me and obfuscate the issue.

PS. The reason I ignored the other post you now have now attempted to conflate with lynx_claw post - in an ugly attempt to justify your lies - should be obvious, as evidenced by this:

However, igor's post was not a personal attack, nor a lie about me so I IGNORED It...yes...that's right....it's possible to ignore a post you don't feel is worth addressing.
    Last edited by richardat; 09-18-13 at 02:31 AM.
    09-18-13 02:21 AM
    This is one of the most disgusting tactics I've witnessed on CB - and that's saying something. You are WELL AWARE of what post I was responding to, I QUOTED IT FOR YOU AGAIN - in case you missed the original quote. You are now trying to claim that my response to THAT post should have contained a response to another post by an entirely different poster? Ridiculous. LIAR. (name-calling? No, an accurate description of what you did, and the evidence is in writing)

You will note that I respond specifically and DIRECTLY with QUOTATION. I stand by my post 100%, it was appropriate to the post I QUOTED.

You are SORELY mistaken if you think I am angry. It is you who are emotional (thus the false and irrational accusations). Do not mistake emphasized words, for anger. I have no choice but to make this as SIMPLE as possible given your attempts to lie about me and obfuscate the issue.
    Wow. Just wow.

One of the beautiful things about this forum is that it is chronological. I'm not going to spend time quoting this and that since it's all there for you to see. You made your original comment, which quite honestly, to me, just seemed to be someone taking pleasure in kicking someone when they're down. I have plenty that I could say about that, but I'm trying to maintain some civility here. A poster asked you to provide proof or if it was your opinion. You chose to ignore that post. Another poster called out the point that I know I for one share, which is why do you feel the need to make comments like that. At which time you went into a series of insulting comments, which honestly, I don't even know where you came up with a lot of what you said based on his little comment. So now here we are. There was no trickery afoot. No lieing. I simply read the thread.

I'm done. Enjoy yourself.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    09-18-13 02:42 AM
    Wow. Just wow.

One of the beautiful things about this forum is that it is chronological. I'm not going to spend time quoting this and that since it's all there for you to see. You made your original comment, which quite honestly, to me, just seemed to be someone taking pleasure in kicking someone when they're down. I have plenty that I could say about that, but I'm trying to maintain some civility here. A poster asked you to provide proof or if it was your opinion. You chose to ignore that post. Another poster called out the point that I know I for one share, which is why do you feel the need to make comments like that. At which time you went into a series of insulting comments, which honestly, I don't even know where you came up with a lot of what you said based on his little comment. So now here we are. There was no trickery afoot. No lieing. I simply read the thread.

I'm done. Enjoy yourself.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, and btw, I'm not angry. I'm sitting here watching TV, petting my dog, and playing on my awesome phone. Life is good. I am sad that people choose to act this way.

And lulz, my tactics? Lol! I read the thread. You think a bunch of us teamed up to catch you? Lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 02:47 AM

You type a lot but really state nothing.

My original point which you have not addressed is that you made an unsubstantiated claim that BlackBerry is already dead with no evidence to a poster who is simply hoping that BlackBerry regains it former position.

I have never read any of your posts ( like some other members on this FAN site) that show BlackBerry or any of its products in any favourable light. And to respond to a thread in which your only purpose is to dash the hopes of a would-be fan is just sad.

Again, if you a CB member who obviously doesn't believe or extremely dislikes the company and its products that it delivers to said fans what is your contribution to this site if not only to derail BlackBerry. Again I maintain, save your energy with your long strung out posts that offer no benefit to a site for fans and move onto something you enjoy..

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-18-13 06:40 AM
53 123