Ma name is Lilly, and as some of you know, a blackberry enthusiasts, cheerleader and champion for the cause. I will remain loyal, involved and to the core BB10 until the end.....which brings me to ma point......a terrifying thought....one that shakes me to ma little core. What if?.....what if BlackBerry is disassembled and sold off....no more phones....maybe BBM or some enterprise software services but no more consumer devices, no more BB10 OS..... what if it all goes away..... makes me feel afraid to think, cus I like you all very much....not just ma phones but the people who share my passion, the community itself. if BlackBerry goes....it will all fade away. this brings me to ma last thought...what then? where do we go? For me, I can not go to IPhone.....i hate it with a passion....more and more everyday...I've had them from the begining...Grrrr fooie!!! No way will i buy another DROID been bit with nosy apps one too many times. Windows......Grrrr! stupid OS I do not care for at all! And it too is not secure...silly people like me need security. erm......no major OS left. Firefox is a baby and so is sailfish.....tizen? Grrrr Samsung and intell I do not like you.

Ma only choice is to continue fighting for BlackBerry and use ma phones until they break. I' ve been BlackBerry constant since 2001.but I only met you folks this year... I do not want to say good bye. I would like your thought on ma ramblin rant.....what will you do if what we fear becomes a disastrous reality?.... thank you for reading ma worries....your answers may comfort me...or not...or maybe. please do not troll me...cuz if you do I will stick ma fingers in ma ears and go LaLaLa until you go away...... Mods please delete if I'm wasting good space . ~Lilly

Edit: to be clear, I am neither illiterate nor nieve. I will of course make a choice if I must. Blind loyalty also does not apply. As much as I champion I also critique. I simply wish to convey my worries for a product line that has been and is so deeply integrated with my way of life. Further more I felt an urge to express my gratitude to those who welcomed me into this community. The way that I speak is the way words come out of ma head...i shall not apologize for that. For the grammar junkies here and to those who find pleasure in picking on tiny women.....I forgive you.

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2.0.1725
    Last edited by LillyFox; 09-17-13 at 07:16 PM.
    09-17-13 04:46 PM
    lol and how come you say 'ma' instead of 'my' all the time?
    09-17-13 04:49 PM
    Yea seriously, like I wanted to read the post but all I could think about was "ma" the entire time

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 05:06 PM
    Yea seriously, like I wanted to read the post but all I could think about was "ma" the entire time

Posted via CB10
    I write as I speak... please focus on MY thoughts, I ask not much but a civil reply

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2.0.1725
    09-17-13 05:10 PM
    I think "yo" should have used "yo" swipe on the blackberry keyboard, it suggests the proper spelling to "yo" It's not fun trying to focus on your mispelled thoughts.
    terdferguson3 likes this.
    09-17-13 05:49 PM
    There is not much left to move to. And most of the people here seem to be just here to have fun and troll.....

It is upsetting to loose this OS and the handsets we got to know and fell in love with. For many it is just a nice toy and others like lilly, Kris, Kevin and the big rest try want it to succeed and see it grow.

There are so many threads here which just make me want to delete the app and forget about CrackBerry.
    We're here because we love the product and not to make fun of others and get into pointless fights, trying to show off who has the longest...

I like her style. It's easy and quick to read and brought some brilliant tweets to the #IChooseBlackBerry10 campaign.

We are here because of our passion and this post has lit a fire inside me to do whatever I can to help BlackBerry!

What can we as a community do to change the perception of the average Joe? How can WE make up for the lack of carrier interest?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 05:49 PM
    It is upsetting to loose this OS and the handsets we got to know and fell in love with.
    It's "lose", not "loose".
    09-17-13 05:53 PM
    Your welcome. Blame BlackBerry for not recognising the difference between loose and lose

If so much effort would be used to make BlackBerry successful and every troll and grammar junkie would "sell like hell" Apple would be having sleepless nights.....

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 05:55 PM
    The main thing, is not to fear change, change can be good. I will continue to fight for BlackBerry so long as they are around, but you can not live sheltered away from the "fear". Use it to your advantage, use it to fight stronger and with more determination for your cause. Because who knows, we may see change from BlackBerry. It may be a change that shocks us all, that turns the mobile world on its head. Just keep speaking proudly to why you choose BlackBerry 10, and don't give up until there is no fear left to overcome.
    09-17-13 05:59 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Many go way back.. like me...Nd share your passion....

Let's all start by making bbm cross platform a huge success!!. When it launches, let's email all our non blackberry contacts to urge them to download the bbm app!. Let's engage all the blackberry community .. this will be good for BlackBerry as a whole... success breeds success... momentum will build... perception slowly turn more positive....

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 06:05 PM
    Your welcome. Blame BlackBerry for not recognising the difference between loose and lose

If so much effort would be used to make BlackBerry successful and every troll and grammar junkie would "sell like hell" Apple would be having sleepless nights.....
    It's not up to the community to "sell like hell", it's up to BlackBerry and their sales network. Does Apple pin their hopes on their user base to sell their devices?
    Last edited by birdman_38; 09-17-13 at 06:22 PM.
    09-17-13 06:05 PM
    Hello Lillyfox,

BB phones will be no more shortly, so it's just something you'll have to live with one way or another.

There's an opportunity for you here though - one for personal growth. There's a lot more to life than just going around being "loyal, involved, and to the core...." to a faceless, soulless, corporation who's phone you happen to like.

You know, even if BB had been successful and gone on, the phone you like would have died shortly anyways. Hardware and software would have changed quickly, so there was no remaining in a constant state anyways. Your favorite TV show will leave the air, the network may even go disappear.....but there is no need to make it such a personal tragedy. I may love Corn Flakes, but if Kellogs discontinues it, or goes bankrupt, well....that's a bit sad, but oh well.

You don't really go into detail about why the other choices are so awful, and why you "hate it with a passion". If you truly owned ios since the beginning, then obviously, you were getting along with it. I don't know what the many android "nosy apps" were, but surely you could find a way to manage them. You may not like windows interface....I certainly am no fan of it, but if I had to, I'd live with it.

In any case, it sucks to lose your favorite consumer product, but the fact remains that there are many alternatives which many millions of people are happy with, I'm sure you can find a way to manage.

I think loyalty - and love - are very admirable things, but one should think about where they are placed. Maybe rethink whether you need to be loyal, or in love with, a giant tech entity who's sole goal is to make money, and who's only real interest in you is the desire to sell you products. I think anytime your loyalty to....Coke, McDonalds, NBC, Audi, BB, etc is cause to make you "afraid to think", it's unhealthy.
    notfanboy likes this.
    09-17-13 06:21 PM
    They have them lined up.

I do agree with you completely. Just what's the point in having a fan base which is just blaming Frank and blames others.

Everything Steve Jobs ever did was pitch his products to 20 000 fans for two hours.

Those 20 000 Fans went out in the world and sold like hell.

All the ads in the world would not accomplish what Those Steeple or product evangelists did. Every single year!

With 10.2 we have something to show off, to get others curios and make them buy BlackBerry.

We are not 20 000 We are many more!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 06:22 PM
    i can't see myself moving to an android phone, I believe google to be a very creepy corporation. Would try and hang on to my blackberry for as long as possible.
    Ealaionta likes this.
    09-17-13 06:33 PM
    At least 10.2 will be available soon. And maybe Z30, soon. And then 10.2.1. And then everybody forgets these days as never happened. And I already can see BerryLeaks dropping some 10.3 leaks
    09-17-13 06:34 PM
    I just bought a Droid Maxx to go with my Z10. Head to head is the ony way to compare
    09-17-13 06:37 PM
    And she comes here for help and all you guys can do is make fun of her grammer? >:/

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 06:43 PM
    So what is so special about 10.2?
    09-17-13 06:43 PM
    Everything Steve Jobs ever did was pitch his products to 20 000 fans for two hours.

Those 20 000 Fans went out in the world and sold like hell.

All the ads in the world would not accomplish what Those Steeple or product evangelists did. Every single year!

With 10.2 we have something to show off, to get others curios and make them buy BlackBerry.

We are not 20 000 We are many more!
    Not sure where Steve Jobs and your figure of 20,000 Apple customers comes into play. Steve Jobs inspired people and knew how important marketing was to Apple's success. BlackBerry's current CEO is uninspiring and has no clue whatsoever about the value of good marketing.
    milo53 and Chris Marsch like this.
    09-17-13 06:45 PM
    The main thing, is not to fear change, change can be good. I will continue to fight for BlackBerry so long as they are around, but you can not live sheltered away from the "fear". Use it to your advantage, use it to fight stronger and with more determination for your cause. Because who knows, we may see change from BlackBerry. It may be a change that shocks us all, that turns the mobile world on its head. Just keep speaking proudly to why you choose BlackBerry 10, and don't give up until there is no fear left to overcome.
    So much enthusiasm and motivation coming from this post. I truly salute you, sir. 'Black'Berry Power.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 06:48 PM
    Long live BB

BB Z10 Rocks!
    The Aficionado likes this.
    09-17-13 07:00 PM
    Not sure where Steve Jobs and your figure of 20,000 Apple customers comes into play. Steve Jobs inspired people and knew how important marketing was to Apple's success. BlackBerry's current CEO is uninspiring and has no clue whatsoever about the value of good marketing.
    I read an article about Apple once when I started off with sales.... and There it has been. He hat the "gift to the gab" and left people "on fire" after the product launches.

I couldn't agree more with your statement about BlackBerry. As long as we love their Products enough and make up for their shortcomings, the better off they will be.

If one truly believes, to know how to do it better than the C-Level People in Waterloo, should apply and show their skills.

As long as I am sharpening my saw, all we can do is support in the
    Anonymous1341001 likes this.
    09-17-13 07:08 PM
    Guys come on. BB's not dead yet! Even if they get sold chances are we'll still get BB10 devices.
    09-17-13 07:10 PM
    I support Blackberry until the end, but I have started to look around if the company iis dismantled. Right now, the Sony phone experia is the only phone i will use with the droid OS. Apple is my last choice. I even considered an old flip phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:17 PM
    And she comes here for help and all you guys can do is make fun of her grammer? >:/

Posted via CB10
    That would be spelling.
    ghundiraj likes this.
    09-17-13 07:19 PM
53 123