Hello Crackberry Nation!

It typical posting fashion, I will begin by stating my allegiance to Blackberry and naming devices I've owned in the past - Storm 1, Tour, Bold 9650, Bold 9930, Playbook. Now that I feel like Ive proven my cred, I feel that I can begin my post.

After the unfortunate push back of BBX...BB10.. I, like many others, went to other platforms for a warm embrace and something with apps that have filters my friends can like and share with each other. Making the change was fun - I have a huge phone now! Notice I didn't say better phone...just huge. The newness wore off fairly quickly as I lurk the Crackberry forums and website daily. I saw the Z10 come on board, though not with my carrier at the time. I watched and drooled over the commercials..It still didnt quite grab me. Now..the Q10 is on the horizon. My thumbs began to twitch watching the demos by Kevin.

Now the thoughts are keeping me awake at night.. Do I sell my current phone and pay full price for a Q10? Do I wait for someone to get a Q10 and not fully appreciate it, then swoop in and trade them my phone for the Q10.

Point being..no matter how hard you try. The Crackberry is an addiction that I will never be able to shake. EVER! I still take out my 9930 and pretend to type. I smile as if I'm going back through my family photo albums and remembering a time when things were so simple.

I want that back. I know you understand...
    04-29-13 01:54 PM
    Once a Crackberrian (addict) always a Crackberrian. Though you may swear to never ever touch one again, you do. Playing with an old rejected BlackBerry is just one of the tell tale signs. Day dreaming about one of the new BB10's is another sign. It is good that you recognize the signs and are willing to admit your addiction. Whatever plan you have to get your hands on a Q10... as soon as possible is the best plan. My plan is simple...upgrade as soon as I can and get rocking! I can in June. The question is, will it be the Z10 or the Q10?
    04-29-13 02:27 PM
    Q10 for me! I miss the keyboard. BAD!
    04-29-13 02:31 PM
    Cheater. You can't be trusted now. You can stay but at arm's length.
    04-29-13 03:08 PM
    I was faced with a similar dilemma earlier this year and this is what I did: in my case, I had a 9930 with Sprint and although I really loved the phone, I wanted very much to get the Q10 when I became available. My contract was not due to expire until August so I figured that maybe I should reactivate my old Bold 9650 and sell the 9930; and make a little bit more than I would if I sold it close to my contract expiration date. I thought the 9650 should be able to tide me over until I'm ready to buy the Q10, and the early bugs would have been corrected by OS updates. The plan has been carried out last February without a hitch and I'm current waiting for August with almost $200 in sales burning a hole in my pocket!
    You mentioned earlier that you still have a 9930, so my advice is keep it until then. Better yet, activate a older phone and sell the 9930 while the getting is still good! Just my $0.02.
    04-29-13 03:09 PM
    Cheater. You can't be trusted now. You can stay but at arm's length.
    Cheater? Oh come on. Cheaters are sneaky and do it behind your back. I admitted it and moved on openly. Dead beat..maybe. Maker of poor decisions..Yeah id say so. Cheater? No
    04-29-13 03:22 PM
    I too switched and now have a huge phone. About 3 weeks ago I activated a 9930 and have been using that as my daily phone. I still use the other as more of a tablet. I do love the keyboard and will more than likely pick up the Q10 when it comes to Verizon. I do like the Z10 as well though. Something about that keyboard though. It sucks you in.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-29-13 03:22 PM
    I was faced with a similar dilemma earlier this year and this is what I did: in my case, I had a 9930 with Sprint and although I really loved the phone, I wanted very much to get the Q10 when I became available. My contract was not due to expire until August so I figured that maybe I should reactivate my old Bold 9650 and sell the 9930; and make a little bit more than I would if I sold it close to my contract expiration date. I thought the 9650 should be able to tide me over until I'm ready to buy the Q10, and the early bugs would have been corrected by OS updates. The plan has been carried out last February without a hitch and I'm current waiting for August with almost $200 in sales burning a hole in my pocket!
    You mentioned earlier that you still have a 9930, so my advice is keep it until then. Better yet, activate a older phone and sell the 9930 while the getting is still good! Just my $0.02.
    I do still have a 9930 and a playbook just sitting pretty. I figure, if the time is right..I can sell my current phone, the 9930 and the playbook for a Q10. Who knows
    04-29-13 03:24 PM
    I too switched and now have a huge phone. About 3 weeks ago I activated a 9930 and have been using that as my daily phone. I still use the other as more of a tablet. I do love the keyboard and will more than likely pick up the Q10 when it comes to Verizon. I do like the Z10 as well though. Something about that keyboard though. It sucks you in.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Side question - My company just shut off the BES server. I dont believe os7 has an option to run corporate email from exchange. I think I read that bb10 does. That would be a tough one for me if I can not access my work email.
    04-29-13 03:25 PM
    Cheater? Oh come on. Cheaters are sneaky and do it behind your back. I admitted it and moved on openly. Dead beat..maybe. Maker of poor decisions..Yeah id say so. Cheater? No
    Fair enough.
    04-30-13 06:51 AM
    You can still retrieve mail on bbos7 by connecting via outlook over Web access. If active synch is enabled it will work. You will need a BIS plan though.
    You can also still use BISX if your company allows, will be a reduced security configurations.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 09:00 AM