Ok guys and girls i'm a newb when it comes to phones and this forum so please bare with me. I've had a nokia n95 since 2007 or so and it finally broke (thank god now i finally can get a new one). Last week i went to the city here in the netherlands and went to a few places where they sell phones and i noticed i really need a physical qwerty keyboard. At home i searched a bit on the interwebz and i finally got it down to 2 BB the Torch 9810 and the Bold 9900. The thing is i can't decide which one to get. I am gonna be using the phone for texting, calling, BBM, internet, e-mail and probably a few games. (In this order).
    Here in the netherlands the bold 9900 is out now and i can get it for around 450 euros with everything included. The new torch 9810 isn't out yet (probably november 15th) and i should be able to get it for around the same price which is all the money i have from my birthday. I did compare the two but i just can't decide. Is there anyone who knows what i should do?

Thanks in advance, Jan
    09-08-11 03:04 PM
    My vote goes to the 9900. I was never a fan of the 9800/9810 style of phone, plus I VERY much dislike the smaller keyboard, I had the 9700 which had the same sized keyboard... Very frustrating trying to type fast, I made a LOT of errors. I make less errors on my touch screen 9860. My brother and a few other people I know have the 9900, Its a good little piece of kit! The keyboard is worlds apart from the smaller keyboards of previous Blackberry's. The screen on the 9900 isnt too small for the web and so far games have been coming out for the 9900 first before the 9810 and 9860. Try out the 9900 and see if you like it. I wish you luck and all the best in your decision!
    09-08-11 03:14 PM
    I would have to agree with DannyJK, based on your preference priority. If you were going to do more browsing or gaming, I'd suggest the 9810. But if you're going to do more messaging and texting, the 9900 is probably the better choice. I just got the 9810 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm still not sure if I should have waited for the 9900, since I do much more browsing on the PlayBook than on the phone. Good luck whichever way you go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 03:28 PM
    depends totally in the price and how much are you willing to spend, but I would get the 9900 if I could
    09-08-11 04:20 PM
    why not download the simulators for both the 9810 and 9900, (from CrackBerry site) I did and I was able to get a real feel for the OS, I needed to Have good page size to use calender, contacts etc, For texting I found the bold a bit wide for my preferrence (tried shop model), try the 9800 as the keyboard is nearly the same as the 9810. So I choose the 9810, they are both fab though, The 9900 camera doesn't have auto focus so may give a little less satisfaction in low light conditions. But does have NFC and the potential use of that. games may fair better on a bigger screen. And good luck whatever you decide.
    09-08-11 04:35 PM
    The 9700 keyboard was perfect in my opinion, you should wait for the 9810 :P
    09-08-11 05:54 PM
    Ok guys and girls i'm a newb when it comes to phones and this forum so please bare with me. I've had a nokia n95 since 2007 or so and it finally broke (thank god now i finally can get a new one). Last week i went to the city here in the netherlands and went to a few places where they sell phones and i noticed i really need a physical qwerty keyboard. At home i searched a bit on the interwebz and i finally got it down to 2 BB the Torch 9810 and the Bold 9900. The thing is i can't decide which one to get. I am gonna be using the phone for texting, calling, BBM, internet, e-mail and probably a few games. (In this order).
    Here in the netherlands the bold 9900 is out now and i can get it for around 450 euros with everything included. The new torch 9810 isn't out yet (probably november 15th) and i should be able to get it for around the same price which is all the money i have from my birthday. I did compare the two but i just can't decide. Is there anyone who knows what i should do?

Thanks in advance, Jan
    This has always been a topic on the forums asked over and over again for someone to ask us to tell you or anyone who asks what to buy?

Of course you know that both of the BBs you mentioned are going to do the same things you said you were going to use them for.

It truly comes down to you going into your carrier and using them both, I would be willing to bet that withing 15 mins. or so you will know what form factor feels best and what is goiong to work better for you. That is really the truest way to find out.

I upgraded to a 9930 because of my carrier but it is because my 9630 had a physical Querty keyboard and this was a natural progression for me and actually the only reason, the rest of the features just happened to come along and also OS 7 for sure.

Good luck with whichever you choose.
    09-08-11 06:08 PM
    The only way you'll like the 9810 is if you like a slider keyboard. I just got a 9930 after I swore I was getting an all touch device. The 9930 is a beast of a machine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 06:21 PM
    The 9900 is one of the best devices out there right now and i think you will love it more then any other if you get it. but if you want the 9810 and can't find it in your country you can always buy it from other country using the internet and get it unlocked online, then use it with your GSM carrier.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-09-11 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD