Hey guys,

There have been a lot of questions on different forums asking whether you can have one blackberry device with the same BIS activated on two different carriers, and I just wanted to come on here and tell you all that YES YOU CAN, I'm doing it right now and it works great!

So here's the story, I have blackberry service with AT&T in the US and BIS service activated on an unlocked Blackberry Curve 3G.

I also have blackberry service with Mobinil in Egypt and the same BIS account registered to the same device mentioned above, and it works great. All I had to do was exchange the sim cards, and it automatically says "Now registered with Blackberry Service" - you may have to re-set up your E-mail account information again the first time you switch sims, but all your previous E-mails (from use with your original carrier) will still be there on your device in the main messages folder.

All it takes is switching the sim cards and as long as you have blackberry service with each carrier registered with your device you should have no problems.

Hope this helps with any confusion about this topic.

Take care guys!

BIG ACH
    12-14-10 11:21 AM
    Sorry but it's not the same BIS if it's two different carriers, you mean the same email account?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 12:17 PM
    Sorry but it's not the same BIS if it's two different carriers, you mean the same email account?

I read it as the same handset (single pin) being registered with two different carriers for BB service. Did not know that this was allowed but if it works that is handy for anyone that does work or live in two different country's.
    12-14-10 07:08 PM
    That's why they make them with removable sim cards. They are referred to as "world phones".

12-14-10 08:49 PM

Doesn't having the same e-mail account mean its the same BIS account?

And, Albee, if they were true world phones, wouldn't they be unlocked regardless of which carrier you buy them from?
    My blackberry from AT&T always says "AT&T World Phone when I turn it on" but I had to unlock it in order to use a different sim in a different country.

Anyways, I had seen some pepople ask about this type of set up and some say that it didn't work, so I just wanted to share my experience with everyone.
    12-14-10 10:25 PM
    From what I understand and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. The BIS is associated to and identifies your bb's pin number which cannot be changed. So unless you get a different bb your pin remains constant no matter how many different sim cards you can change.

Unlocking it to another carrier just means someone else sends the bill for enabling your bb to connect to BIS. And it let's you because your pin# is in their database for active bb's. Let me know if I am off base here.

Last edited by albee 1; 12-14-10 at 11:31 PM.
    12-14-10 11:19 PM
    Every time you put your sim in your blackberry it will register with the network which means it unregisters with the other one, you can only use the phone with one network at the time. Every time you chance the device you have to verify all the passwords for your email accounts.
    Anybody that changed between devices knows this

12-15-10 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD