....a slow painful death...

I have the blackberry curve 8330
    I've had it for about 8 months..
    -1st it stopped charging on the wall charger... only via USB
    -5days ago my desktop manager doesnt recognize my phone
    -and now my own computer doesnt recognize the device
    -now it barely holds a charge on anything (wall,car,usb)
    -yesterday all my sounds ceased. no ringer, no msg alerts, no alarm!! nothing!!
    i literally have to be staring at my phone to see it light up
    -now when i try to delete a picture it says ERROR

like everyday there is something wrong!!!!
    i run a business and my BB is my life...

its sunday so i have to wait till 11am for the stupid phone store to open

but have any of u experienced any of these issues? whats wrong with it???

:cries:
    02-07-10 07:32 AM
    I would just bring it back to the store at 11!
    02-07-10 07:39 AM
    assuming you've tried the obvious battery pull reset, I agree with ilovemileyyy, take it in
    02-07-10 07:42 AM
    8 months old, such a short life....terrible. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 08:31 AM
    Sounds to me like the charge port has broken free from the motherboard. This first happens at the back of the port inside, and it begins pivotting on the front solder connections. When the back pivots down, it can reconnect and charge. This only gets worse with time, until the front connections break free as well, causing a total failure. As the port gets looser the port can also sometimes twist as well, causing possible cross connecting of the of the pins and connections. This can cause shorts and other problems. The only fix is to replace the device. Very difficult to resolder those connections, and often times, by the time the failure happens the pins inside the port are bent getting them back to the right shape is next to impossible.
    02-07-10 09:17 AM
    Sounds to me like the charge port has broken free from the motherboard. This first happens at the back of the port inside, and it begins pivotting on the front solder connections. When the back pivots down, it can reconnect and charge. This only gets worse with time, until the front connections break free as well, causing a total failure. As the port gets looser the port can also sometimes twist as well, causing possible cross connecting of the of the pins and connections. This can cause shorts and other problems. The only fix is to replace the device. Very difficult to resolder those connections, and often times, by the time the failure happens the pins inside the port are bent getting them back to the right shape is next to impossible.
    u know... i just looked at my pins and they are all messed up.
    your post makes complete sense.

the stupid phone store better give me a new one. i didnt pay $500 for this phone to die on me in 8months
    02-07-10 10:48 AM
    You paid $500 bucks for a Curve 8330? That's insanely overpriced.
    There was a thread in the AT&T forum yesterday, a man's daughter had a phone and the charging prongs were bent or loose causing a charging failure. It was deemed physical damage and they refused to replace his daughters $30 dollar phone. I'm interested to see how you make out, I'm assuming you have Verizon.

02-07-10 11:52 AM
    You paid $500 bucks for a Curve 8330? That's insanely overpriced.
    There was a thread in the AT&T forum yesterday, a man's daughter had a phone and the charging prongs were bent or loose causing a charging failure. It was deemed physical damage and they refused to replace his daughters $30 dollar phone. I'm interested to see how you make out, I'm assuming you have Verizon.

He's in Canada if you look at his profile, it says Telus.

Full manufacturer price on a Curve 8330 is $599.95 Canadian.

Why do you think I jumped on the Storm when Bell dropped MSRP from $699.95 to $249.95?
    02-07-10 12:44 PM
    $500 for a Curve? I love my Curve too, but no way on God's green earth do I pay that amount for a Curve....sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I too run a business and my phone is a big part of that, so I feel your pain completely. Good Luck!
    02-07-10 12:46 PM
    Wow, that's insanely expensive. Best of luck with everything though, I can't suggest anything not mentioned above...
    02-07-10 12:58 PM
    If they don't replace it, you could always get a charging pod. It cgarges with those 2 metal connectors on the back of the device.
    02-07-10 01:04 PM
    yup in Canada... TORONTO....
    and the phones are sooooooo expensive here.
    with the phone and data plan and yadda yadda yadda... it came out to $500
    i saved up for it so i was SOOOOO excited to get it... grrr

omg so i never got out to the stupid phone store cuz i hurt my knee cuz i went out last night and got drunk and wore my hooker boots and slipped on the ice.... lonnnng story... anyhoooooo

so now the phone will NOT charge any longer... so whatever battery i have left is it. the little prongs are like dead now...

and since my laptop wont recognize my device i cant even back up my files

im freaking out! how am i going to save all those numbers???

PS: Im a girl....lol... like that matters, someone thought i was a "HE"
    02-07-10 06:58 PM
    Sad to hear your story.
    Since the charge port is really narrow, you need to pull out the connector with a little strength.
    Though this made your charge port tear apart from the mainboard.
    The best was to use a charging dock at these times.
    If you are using usb for files and that you should try to pull it out gently.
    You could try the store first if it don't helps then u can try the methods dock and usb.
    If it's not covered and you really want get it fixed then you could try repair your phone if it's repaireble.
    But since your port is damaged, you can also try useing a charging dock.
    And you could send/receive your files via bluetooth if you pc have it, or buy a bluetooth usb-stick.

tell me moreeeeeeee
    02-07-10 08:11 PM
    The USB on my 8800 went wonky and later broke. It would cost a fortune to send it back to RIM for repairs.

However, the generic inner-city backstreet (warranty-invalidating) dodgy phone unlocking store fixed it at low cost in under 20 minutes. They replaced the original BlackBerry port with what I believe might be a Motorola port. Either way the replacement is made with thicker metal and has worked wonderfully

I will be going back to them for any future repairs
    02-07-10 08:33 PM
    The USB on my 8800 went wonky and later broke. It would cost a fortune to send it back to RIM for repairs.

However, the generic inner-city backstreet (warranty-invalidating) dodgy phone unlocking store fixed it at low cost in under 20 minutes. They replaced the original BlackBerry port with what I believe might be a Motorola port. Either way the replacement is made with thicker metal and has worked wonderfully

I will be going back to them for any future repairs
    ok! thats it. this will be my second option!
    i will go to the stupid phone store 2moro and if they screw me over... im heading over to china town!

by the way... my BB just passed away...
    June 9/09 - Feb 7/10 (9:35pm EST)

The Saints won the Superbowl (yesssssss) but I lost my little angel...

RIP
    02-07-10 08:58 PM
    Sorry to hear man. Hope it works out. Rim definitely needsd to come up with a more permanent solution to this common issue.

02-08-10 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD