They all need some better ties! Too conservative....blah.

I have this Jerry Garcia tie that is just the bomb!!!!
    09-30-14 07:41 AM
    Security and productivity. He knows what Google can do. And BlackBerry is his protection

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    09-30-14 07:43 AM
    So, does he prefer to use the older berry or google's using bes 5 still for executives?

Just playing the devil's advocate here, lol

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    He would probably move to BB10, but he found out he couldn't use Google services on it. ;-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    09-30-14 09:39 AM
    Because he knows the Best mobile in the last 5 years is BB 9900 .
    That's not even close to being factual.
    09-30-14 12:14 PM
    Well the 9900 is the best device for productivity and handling data for business users.

BB10 is missing a lot of the needed 7.1 features to be a productive business man. I'm starting to see some features come up finally in 10.3.1 which is good to see.

John Sculley (ex-Apple CEO) has always used a BBOS phone and still does. Plenty of big business people will keep BBOS because it's a powerhouse in the business world. Obama aslo has a Bold.

The only thing it's missing is the HUB and android apps.
    Best for productivity based on what? It gets push email? It has a keyboard? It can send texts?

I could care less about John Sculley and what he uses. You know who uses BBOS phones? People who want cheap data plans and people who are too old to move away from a dead platform. My dad uses a Curve. He doesn't use it because it makes him more productive. He uses it because he doesn't want to learn a new platform. I took him to an AT&T store to show him BB10 and he was so confused by it he just said "forget it." It wasn't because he was more productive or that he was going to lose a feature of BBOS. It was because he's old and he doesn't want to have to learn a new platform and for that matter doesn't care.

And BBOS needs a lot more than the hub and Android apps. The 9900's battery life was awful, the web browser was a joke, and the camera was awful.
    09-30-14 12:19 PM
    Well the 9900 is the best device for productivity and handling data for business users.

BB10 is missing a lot of the needed 7.1 features to be a productive business man. I'm starting to see some features come up finally in 10.3.1 which is good to see.

John Sculley (ex-Apple CEO) has always used a BBOS phone and still does. Plenty of big business people will keep BBOS because it's a powerhouse in the business world. Obama aslo has a Bold.

The only thing it's missing is the HUB and android apps.
    Exactly. So, if the 9900 is still used, why is BlackBerry making a Q10 with a track pad and calling it a Classic, instead of a retro 9900?
    09-30-14 12:20 PM
    Best for productivity based on what? It gets push email? It has a keyboard? It can send texts?

I could care less about John Sculley and what he uses. You know who uses BBOS phones? People who want cheap data plans and people who are too old to move away from a dead platform. My dad uses a Curve. He doesn't use it because it makes him more productive. He uses it because he doesn't want to learn a new platform. I took him to an AT&T store to show him BB10 and he was so confused by it he just said "forget it." It wasn't because he was more productive or that he was going to lose a feature of BBOS. It was because he's old and he doesn't want to have to learn a new platform and for that matter doesn't care.

And BBOS needs a lot more than the hub and Android apps. The 9900's battery life was awful, the web browser was a joke, and the camera was awful.
    And guess what, BB has a few million customers like your dad, what about them?

If you force them to switch to a new platform they will consider every other platform out there.

Clearly the BBOS people want cheap data plans is a myth, is that why Schmidt uses one, cheap data plan?

I wish I never wasted my upgrade on the Q10 and stayed in BIS.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-30-14 12:26 PM
    That's not even close to being factual.
    He said best mobile not best smartphone
    09-30-14 12:27 PM
    He knows his product very well that's why he use BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 12:27 PM
    He knows his product very well that's why he use BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    By BlackBerry you mean a "out of date has been" 9900 Bold?

"they just don't get it" why people still use the 9900.
    09-30-14 12:49 PM
    I'm a bit perplexed as to why this is massive news?

It's not actually that new. Having worked at the carrier who provides their mobile connections in the UK; Google, Apple, Samsung, Sony, Nokia all use BlackBerry OS7 devices at C-level and within R&D groups. In some cases, throughout the business entirely (I'm looking at you Sony!)
    09-30-14 04:11 PM
    I'm a bit perplexed as to why this is massive news?

It's not actually that new. Having worked at the carrier who provides their mobile connections in the UK; Google, Apple, Samsung, Sony, Nokia all use BlackBerry OS7 devices at C-level and within R&D groups. In some cases, throughout the business entirely (I'm looking at you Sony!)
    Here, we crucify the founder of an enthusiast sure for daring to buy other platform devices. I guess seeing a CEO of a major company using a competing device without being attacked is confusing.
    09-30-14 08:33 PM
    Heres a story right here on Crackberry 3 years ago about Eric rocking a Bold 9780 .

OMG!!! Google Boss Eric Schmidt uses a Blackberry 9900-iofgewm.jpg
    10-01-14 10:02 AM
    Heres a story right here on Crackberry 3 years ago about Eric rocking a Bold 9780 .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iofGeWm.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	302091
    I already posted this and other articles earlier in the thread. However, it still seems to be new to everyone here. I just don't know why. They seem to be mesmerized by the recent pictures or something. IDK...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:26 AM
    I already posted this and other articles earlier in the thread. However, it still seems to be new to everyone here. I just don't know why. They seem to be mesmerized by the recent pictures or something. IDK...

Posted via CB10
    Since then he obviously changed to a 9900, another BBOS device, how is it not news? Why are some people intent on playing this down?
    10-01-14 10:32 AM
    Since then he obviously changed to a 9900, another BBOS device, how is it not news? Why are some people intent on playing this down?
    If you read through the thread. It has been more about him using a BlackBerry. Any BlackBerry. Not any one specific BlackBerry.

People have just pondered as to which BlackBerry would suit him best or what they could imagine him using.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:39 AM
    If you read through the thread. It has been more about him using a BlackBerry. Any BlackBerry. Not any one specific BlackBerry.

People have just pondered as to which BlackBerry would suit him best or what they could imagine him using.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what your point is with this response.

Anyway, it always was and still is big news that the CEO of Google uses a BlackBerry. Personally I think that the 9900 will be his last Blackberry as BB10 devices are no replacement for BBOS devices.
    10-01-14 10:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps its because he won't let go. Chen should send him a Classic for Christmas with a note. 'Heard you were a fan'
    10-01-14 11:09 AM
    I'm not sure what your point is with this response.

Anyway, it always was and still is big news that the CEO of Google uses a BlackBerry. Personally I think that the 9900 will be his last Blackberry as BB10 devices are no replacement for BBOS devices.
    I guess we're in the same boat because I don't get the point of what you posted either. Lol. I see people talking about him using any/various BlackBerry devices. Not just a 9900...

I'm glad you think it's news though. But as Bla1ze pointed out in his article... If you've been around for a while it is not...

And you may be correct. That may be the device he continues to use well into the future instead of moving to BlackBerry 10. But I don't know what that has to do with him "always" using a BlackBerry either.

Take care.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:10 AM
    Perhaps its because he won't let go. Chen should send him a Classic for Christmas with a note. 'Heard you were a fan'
    I don't think he will ever let BlackBerry go. I believe his upper management corporate devices are on a BES anyway for security purposes. I could be wrong, but that's the only reason I can see him continuing to use them for all these years. Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:12 AM
    I don't think he will ever let BlackBerry go. I believe his upper management corporate devices are on a BES anyway for security purposes. I could be wrong, but that's the only reason I can see him continuing to use them for all these years. Lol

Posted via CB10
    You are wrong, he uses it because he likes the keyboard:

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...lackberry-user

And I seriously doubt he's on BES and Google is a BlackBerry customer.
    10-01-14 11:56 AM
    You are wrong, he uses it because he likes the keyboard:

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...lackberry-user

And I seriously doubt he's on BES and Google is a BlackBerry customer.
    Lol. Again, I've already posted a CNET article based on that very same Guardian report earlier. Not new to me.

However, as I sated before, I could be wrong about the BES thing.... A lot of companies use it. And I thought maybe Google did prior to thinking about that Google Apps Connector dump. But I could really care less. All I know is that he has used BlackBerry devices for several years now. You may be surprised that he still is. Not new to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:46 PM
    I'm also pretty sure he was using a BlackBerry long before Android was thought of.....

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:49 PM
    Interview published today in the Vancouver Sun.
    Didn't know Google had a large office in Waterloo, guess you go where the talent base is in Canada.
    snippets
    CP: What's your current smartphone?

Schmidt: Motorola Razr X. As you know, Motorola is in the process of being sold to Lenovo but this is in fact the phone that I use.

CP: You were a noted BlackBerry user, what made you switch?

Schmidt: Well, I need to carry this. I still like BlackBerrys but I'm afraid they missed a set of transitions that were very important and the new CEO is trying very hard to recover. But the fact of the matter is that Android and iPhone are driving the market now.

CP: Do you miss the keyboard?

Schmidt: I have always liked the BlackBerry keyboard.

CP: Did you ever go the Google engineering team and say, "Listen, I love the BlackBerry, there's a lot of powerful people out there that like the BlackBerry, why don't we make a product that's like the BlackBerry but made by Google and better?"

Schmidt: Google, remember, largely makes the software and it's up to the hardware industry (to make a BlackBerry competitor). BlackBerry has made its keyboard intellectual property and you can't just copy it.

Later, at his speaking event with the Empire Club of Canada, Schmidt admitted he still does carry a BlackBerry in addition to his Motorola phone.
    10-01-14 02:59 PM
    @fptechdesk: Google chairman Eric Schmidt: "I still love BlackBerrys" http://natpo.st/1E0OwQQ #cdntech

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:20 PM
78 1234