Can anyone help me with this message?!
    08-10-11 04:34 PM
    Would really help to know what you are trying to do when that message pops up...
    08-10-11 05:15 PM
    Are you running the installer as an administrator account?
    08-10-11 05:18 PM
    yes i am. i keep getting this when im trying to download itunes and microsoft essentials or other programs
    08-10-11 05:26 PM
    Download onto what? via what network, what is your set up
    It looks like you are attempting to download a file via a network which is not present or active.
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 08-10-11 at 05:59 PM.
    08-10-11 05:55 PM
    i have a dell that runs windows xp.... so i use onto that. and i not sure about the network.. this is a recent problem
    08-10-11 05:58 PM
    Re: Unavailable network resource when opening Desktop Manager[ Edited ] Options
    Mark as New

The message you displayed indicates that some resource (e.g., disk file location) that the installed version of DTM references no longer exists. Can't answer why it is this way, but that's what it looks like.

To remedy, I recommend completely removing and reinstalling DTM from total scratch...here's a process:

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software
    Some have reported that there are more registry keys to remove than are discussed in that KB
    Others have reported the use of a registry cleansing tool to also be helpful
    3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

7) Start the organizer configuration over:

KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    Hopefully that will get things going again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if the C & P has come out right but it looks like you need to uninstall Desktop manager and re-install I wouldn't get into the computor registry unless you are familiar with it, I would just uninstall desktop manager and shut down the computor then start up again download a new compatable desktop manager to your PC and device and reinstall that, hopefully it will clear the problem.
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 08-10-11 at 06:19 PM.
    08-10-11 06:08 PM
    iv seen this before.......
    08-10-11 06:22 PM
    08-10-11 06:23 PM
    but its not just with blackberry desktop... other programs too
    08-10-11 06:33 PM
    are you useing your blackberry as a modem or wi fi link
    08-10-11 06:55 PM
    I would be thinking to backup all my data onto a seperate/external hard drive with a veiw that if it is a registry problem you may have to do a clean windows install. Have you got a system restore on your PC if so maybe try to roll back to a date when it was working ok, you may lose any installations back to that point
    08-10-11 07:09 PM
    What is happening is the windows MSIEXEC program is stuck on a previous install and is trying to roll back before it can be used to run the MSI installer for whatever program you are trying to install. I Have run into this several times, I'll try to find a link on how to "reset" MSIEXEC because I don't remember the exact process to resolve this.

Edit: If I remember correctly, reinstalling the Windows Installer will resolve this.
    Try this link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8483
    Last edited by Zizzzzy; 08-10-11 at 09:02 PM.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    08-10-11 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD