Hi guys, ive just got a blackberry 8100 off my girlfriends dad, he got it off his cousin, its not letting me access my blackberry features such as facebook, bbm, etc.. ive rang up orange and there asking for a pincode the original owner put on the phone.. we cant get hold of the original owner, is there anything i can do to get these features to work ?
    04-08-11 05:12 AM
    8900 not 8100
    04-08-11 05:43 AM
    Sounds like maybe girlfriend's Dad needs to contact cousin and get the PIN. Sounds like a loose trail. The original owner would need to either provide the PIN to you or call the carrier and release it.
    04-08-11 07:47 AM
    ive rang up orange and there asking for a pincode the original owner put on the phone..
    Do you mean a password to use the phone or the actual BB PIN?
    04-08-11 08:12 AM
    Did your girlfriends dad have the device active on his account??

If so, he would need to ask Orange to release the PIN so a new BIS account can be set up on it.
    04-08-11 08:17 AM
    its came straight from his cousin which has put the code on the phone. ive rang orange and they cant say the cant do anythink til i get that code :/
    04-08-11 08:44 AM
    I think there is a lot of confusion in this thread. Are you talking about the unique PIN to your BlackBerry? Or are you talking about a code to unlock the phone's screen after it has been idle?
    04-08-11 09:39 AM
    a security pin orange ask for
    04-08-11 11:33 AM
    Did your girlfriends dad have the device active on his account??

If so, he would need to ask Orange to release the PIN so a new BIS account can be set up on it.
    Its got to be just what jared is saying, what other code could Orange want than the one for the cousins account in order to remove it and free it up to be re-registered.

Your going to need your cousin to do this, you don't have access to his account
    04-08-11 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD