As soon as i enter a new month my old calendar entries are disappearing. i don't want this to happen. i have my settings on keep "forever".

i do sync my calendar with google calendar but the entries remain permanently on my google calendar.

Not sure why this is happening. I have checked my settings and cannot find any reason for this. does anyone have any ideas?

thanks
    10-27-08 03:06 AM
    Is it a low memory issue - - check Options >Status and see how much memory you have left.
    10-27-08 03:10 AM
    Yes, do the above because I noticed that my 8830WE was doing the same thing. I had to uninstall all of my games (3 of them) and now I have nothing fun to play during meetings at work because they chewed my memory. I left the appointments on "forever" also because I'd have to refer back to them when the people at work were trying to get me fired.
    10-27-08 08:42 AM
    i have about 11 megs available. not sure how to stop this i need to keep my old calendar entries on my phone.

any other suggestions?
    10-27-08 11:02 PM
    I have a BB through VZW and it is doing the same thing. Check out my thread on BBforums and here. I don't know if this applies to AT&T

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ird-stuff.html

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/vzw...dar-bug-86428/
    10-27-08 11:18 PM
    you can do a battery pull - - or what I do is the keyboard reboot because it's less hassle <Alt Key + Right Shift Key + Del> all at the same time and it will reboot - - after it reboots go in and check your file free figure - - you want something closer to 18 or 20 megs free. See if that helps.
    10-27-08 11:21 PM
    Also here is a thread in tips and tricks that might help with memory issues:

http:/http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-increase-blackberry-s-file-free-memory-34633/
    10-27-08 11:23 PM
    i have tried battery pulls and resets.

i have also frred up as much memory as possible using the linked tips and others.

i have 15 megs free max after resets but it quickly shrinks down to 12-10.

i really shouldnt need this much memory to preserve my contacts.
    10-28-08 01:48 AM
    As soon as i enter a new month my old calendar entries are disappearing. i don't want this to happen. i have my settings on keep "forever".

i do sync my calendar with google calendar but the entries remain permanently on my google calendar.

Not sure why this is happening. I have checked my settings and cannot find any reason for this. does anyone have any ideas?

thanks
    I have the same problem with Outlook 2003 and BES. In my case, non-recurring meetings older than 13 months from the current month are deleted. I have looked at this for years and have not found a common solution. I affects Outlook 2003 and 2007. It affects BES and BIS users. It involves different time periods. I haven't found any common element. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to keep you from losing your appointments. And apparently no one else does either, if the common solutions given above don't work.
    10-28-08 09:12 PM
    i have tried battery pulls and resets.

i have also frred up as much memory as possible using the linked tips and others.

i have 15 megs free max after resets but it quickly shrinks down to 12-10.

i really shouldnt need this much memory to preserve my contacts.
    Do you have themes installed? 3rd party apps? I know those take up a bunch of memory. How long are you keeping your messages for?

I have my appointments set to keep forever but only messages for the shortest time. I'm constantly deleting them, reconciling, and then a battery pull 1x a day when I go to sleep. I usually have like 18-20mb free at all times. But I only have 1 "Storm like" theme, and 4 small 3rd party apps (Google Maps, Ringo, Berry-a-Code, and Poynt).
    10-28-08 09:43 PM
    I don't think it's a memory issue, but instead a Calendar setting.

Go to your Calendar, menu, options, general caldendar options, actions, "keep appointments". In there you can set it to keep appointments for 15, 30, 60, 90 days, or Forever.
    10-29-08 01:42 AM
    I don't think it's a memory issue, but instead a Calendar setting.

Go to your Calendar, menu, options, general caldendar options, actions, "keep appointments". In there you can set it to keep appointments for 15, 30, 60, 90 days, or Forever.
    Hey thanks! Only this morning I had to copy and paste the details of a past appointment because synchronization wanted to delete it from outlook and I had to procede in order to synchronize everything else. I thought that I had previously set this to "forever" but when I checked...no!

So I should be sorted from now on. Cheers.
    10-29-08 12:32 PM
    Sweet! Glad I could be of help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 03:25 PM
    i have had my settings on "forever" for forever (heehee, i love word play). anyways, i have searched all of my settings and the online google calendar settings and i still have not found a way to stop my BB from deleting my calendar entries.

as soon as i enter a new month, it deletes my entries.

thanks!
    10-30-08 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD