Hey guys. i was sitting around watching t and it popped into my head. What can i do with my old BB? Some how converting it into a camcorder was what first cam to mind. get rid of all the other **** on it and use it strictly as a video platform. anyone ever done it? can it be done? or does anyone have any other fun project ideas on what to do with it.
    10-06-11 04:59 PM
    Shouldn't be a problem. Just get an 8GB media card and go to town! Set the vid cam to record the highest quality possible, and recognize that it will be somewhat subpar. Lo-res Youtube quality at best. Should be quite capable in well-lit conditions. Just go into Applications and delete everything except the core OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 05:13 PM
    Download and install BB Boss, then make sure everything but the Video Camera and Camera is checked for removal, leave the Advanced section alone, click Direct Shrink on Phone and away you go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 06:47 PM
    i been using an old bb curve strictly as a camcorder and an mp3 player, especially when im working around the property doing dirty work...as you all know the video quality isnt that great but it works...but none the less for music its a beautiful thing..
    10-06-11 08:39 PM
    That's exactly what I've been doing. My extra Torch is now my vehicle dashcam plus YouTube viewer when I'm at home. Even recording in 640x480, the picture comes out very nice and stable enough to not need image stabilisation.

There's an 8 GB card in it and I've even left the OS unshrunk with a few other apps installed like BBM and BlackBerry Traffic, in case my other BlackBerry is out of commission and I need a backup Berry. With those apps unused and shut off, the camera operation is not affected. Radio and WiFi off, I get around 2.5 hours of recording on a single charge.
    10-06-11 11:26 PM