What exactly is blackberry messenger? Is it just like texting but faster or what? Also does it cost? And I tried to add a contact to it to see how it worked and it wouldn't let me!
    02-24-09 04:19 PM
    BB Messenger is a live chat Blackberry to Blackberry and is free.
    02-24-09 04:21 PM
    02-24-09 04:21 PM
    it uses data, which is what you need. it's kinda like instant messaging and does not use your text plan.

to add a contact, you must have a friend with a blackberry pin. to add, open the blackberry messenger, click menu (the dots button), select add a contact, scroll to use once, click menu, scroll and select to request by pin and go from there. you can add by email as well, but i hear that's having troubles and it's easier to select by pin.

blackberry messenger can only be used with other blackberries. for friends, go to the "social users & PIN sharing" thread.

also, it's a good idea to do a search as many questions have been answered before. just a friendly suggestion! welcome & good luck!
    02-24-09 04:24 PM
    You can if you have data and want to try it look here on the crackberry social forums to get some friends, if none of your current friend are blackberry owners..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/
    02-24-09 04:25 PM
    Also check out the Blackberry 101 lectures when you have time.

Lecture 8: How To Use BlackBerry Messenger | CrackBerry.com
    02-24-09 06:49 PM
    Do you have a data plan? you have to have it one for it to work.
    02-24-09 07:00 PM
    uses data, its free if you and your friend have unlimited data. the other party usually receives your message faster than he or she would if you were texting. also, no maximum number of characters.
    02-24-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD