Does this display just a number of message or does this give a preview of said messages?
    It actually displays a previews of the message.

Thanks McFly!!!
    04-06-12 10:53 AM
    It actually displays a previews of the message.

Thanks McFly!!!
    That's what I thought it might do,

something I'd very much hate, but I'm sure people who use the lock screen just as a means to prevent pocket dialing it would be very useful
    04-06-12 10:59 AM
    Does this display just a number of message or does this give a preview of said messages?
    It gives a preview of the message.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 11:04 AM
    @Derusett here's an example.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 11:06 AM
    That's what I thought it might do,

something I'd very much hate, but I'm sure people who use the lock screen just as a means to prevent pocket dialing it would be very useful
    That's a good point. I used to B utt dial with the EVO all the time. Keep the iphone in the same pocket sna it hasn't happened yet.

Time will tell... 6 Days to go before I can't return it...
    04-06-12 11:07 AM
    But acceptable to what end? I learned of the site after picking up the PB. But I also use Apple and was using a droid phone at the time

Hang out over at iMore. It's rare indeed to see posts about BB devices.

Many users cross pollinate the electronics. It's like saying you have two kids and because you might like one more you MUST hate the other.

Some might say that's an extreme example, but it's not when you think about it.

In my opinion these are object. I don't 'love' any of them. I wouldn't even use that world in this context.

The negative post here seem to be driven more by subconscious(maybe conscious) envy than anything else. Apple/BB/Android/MS could all go belly up tomorrow and as long as there's something to replace them the world will keep spinning.

Until Dec 21st that it is. That's when the movie says all h *lls gonna break loose...

in all fairness to iMore, but I suspect we have more iPhone / ipad related threads on this site than that dedicated site has since people who "cross pollinate" as you put it tend to not leave here and just keep crapping in the crackberry pond.

iMores total forum has less posts than just this section of crackberry
    "to what end" is decided by the moderators, and owners, as it stands now, crackberry is a very forgiving place and all are welcome love or hate, curiosity or disdain,
    and the heavy active users are less and less positive about BlackBerry's future, or thankful for their past
    CDM76, SnoozerBold and guzprom like this.
    04-06-12 11:09 AM
    That's a good point. I used to B utt dial with the EVO all the time. Keep the iphone in the same pocket sna it hasn't happened yet.

Time will tell... 6 Days to go before I can't return it...

I can't have my device showing off a preview of a message in lock, that phone could be sitting on a table when I get a message with product costing, hard to tell a person I can't give him a price break if he can see the preview of my message saying I've marked him up 150%

I think it would be a great feature for RIM, Apple, Android to put something like OS7's notification bar into the lock screen with slightly larger icons, and possibly breaking down a few more details like
    3 inboxes have a combined 35 unread emails
    2 SMS's from 2 users
    3 missed calles from 2 numbers
    etc.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    04-06-12 11:12 AM
    Heres how I can tell OP's " Also, I'm finding that I can't make it through the day on a charge" is complete bs. This is my typical usage stats.

04-06-12 11:19 AM
    You get to choose. There is a "show preview" toggle for email and SMS etc. Turn it off and you see a "new message" notification and the time (or something like that, I have preview enabled).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 04-06-12 at 11:43 AM.
    04-06-12 11:33 AM
    I tried the iPhone 4S. I used it right beside my 9810.

IMO message notification is better on my 9810. Swiping down on the iPhone screen lowers a silver screen (like a guillotine) that's a bit wonky

The iPhone screen seemed brighter (it was plugged in) but to my eyes the 9810 screen was better...I had them both on the same web page (many pictures) and the 9810 was better

IMO the layout of the music player on the 9810 is better
    04-06-12 11:40 AM
    There's a unified inbox for e-mail, but not for SMS/whatsapp/etc. I guess it's a matter of preference to want it this way. When I was still on my 9780, I configured my unified messages inbox to only contain e-mail.
    04-06-12 11:57 AM
    This troll thread should be locked. It's pathetic that To�is feels the need to make up a story about getting an iPhone just so he can find reason to bash it.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    04-06-12 12:47 PM
    Yes it's too bad he felt the need to stoop down to the level of the hundreds of posters here who only join to make opposite threads with the same line.
    04-06-12 12:53 PM

"to what end" is decided by the moderators, and owners,
    Possibly, but I'd add users to that list.

I can choose to be civil to another user even when I disagree with what they're saying.
    Stewartj1 and CDM76 like this.
    04-06-12 12:54 PM
    I tried the iPhone 4S. I used it right beside my 9810.

IMO message notification is better on my 9810. Swiping down on the iPhone screen lowers a silver screen (like a guillotine) that's a bit wonky

The iPhone screen seemed brighter (it was plugged in) but to my eyes the 9810 screen was better...I had them both on the same web page (many pictures) and the 9810 was better

IMO the layout of the music player on the 9810 is better
    The display could be just set so differently that you just prefer one over the other. Much like the Samsung and Dell monitors I am using now. Same webpage/colors will look different. Sure I could tweak them to us basically the same icc profile and have the same color saturation, but out of the box, totally different. Take a picture with a digital camera of something on hand and then compare the colors. Seems a little extreme, but that would give you a good way to judge the phone displays.
    Last edited by undone; 04-06-12 at 01:03 PM.
    04-06-12 01:00 PM
    The non-notification issues don't bother me so much as I'm always proactively checking for new emails.
    This is something I never ever have to do with my BB so this right here would be impossible to give up.

I wonder if you add it all up how much time does an iphone owner spends unnecessarily checking for emails?

It must add up to a couple of days a year wasted checking for new emails lol
    04-06-12 01:05 PM
    Since this thread seems to have been rehabilitated I should weigh in.

The iPhone is probably the only touch devices which somehow understand keyboard input without too much of error. I would say the error is at par with my using my 9900 keyboard.

To be fair I'm not used to touch keyboard. Only touch keyboard I had was a Storm and the less said about that the better. However as a touch type newbie, I find its far easier to type on the iPhone than any Android or even the 9860. Yes even the tiny portrait keyboard works like magic on the iPhone.

Secondly, I just set up Gmail using Exchange on someone's iPhone and I found it does sync better than BBs when setup. Blowing past the privacy issue, if a person has a number of devices then syncing contacts, calendars etc would be better with exchange than a platform locked BB Protect.

However BB Protect has other features which make it one of the best backup software. It keeps all critical data on the BB server.

As for replaceable battery, well there's an App for that .
    04-06-12 01:15 PM
    This is something I never ever have to do with my BB so this right here would be impossible to give up.

I wonder if you add it all up how much time does an iphone owner spends unnecessarily checking for emails?

It must add up to a couple of days a year wasted checking for new emails lol
    Yes, iOS users wast time proactively checking e-mail, and BB users waste time dealing with a limited browser. Do you know what these criticisms have in common? Answer: Both are dated, and both are no longer applicable.
    04-06-12 01:17 PM
    Yes it's too bad he felt the need to stoop down to the level of the hundreds of posters here who only join to make opposite threads with the same line.
    Yep but Blackberry users on Crackberry must be tolerant of, and love all platforms, while non-Blackberry users can bait, troll and p in our yard all day long. You see the same people posting links to any negative articles on RIM that they can find, bashing Blackberry, saying how great something else is and nothing happens. Seems like the mods let more go now that we are all one, big, happy Mobile Nations family. I bet the other forums on the sister sites wouldn't be as tolerant, but I doubt their are tons of BB trolls going there to cause problems either.
    SnoozerBold, john_v and guzprom like this.
    04-06-12 01:18 PM
    Yes, iOS users wast time proactively checking e-mail, and BB users waste time dealing with a limited browser. Do you know what these criticisms have in common? Answer: Both are dated, and both are no longer applicable.
    Limited browser? IOS browser is very limited compared to the BB Browser, for example try uploading a photo to this forum from the browser. You can't.

Besides, even in the OS4.5 days browser never held me back as it loads in the background so I could do something else while it was loading like send a few messages etc.

Iphone owners waste time as they have to wake the screen to check for messages, you can't get around that.
    04-06-12 01:24 PM

1.) This is something I never ever have to do with my BB so this right here would be impossible to give up.

2.) I wonder if you add it all up how much time does an iphone owner spends unnecessarily checking for emails?

3.) It must add up to a couple of days a year wasted checking for new emails lol
    1.) Good. Don't give it up.

2.) Since I've only had it 8 days, I'd be unable to speak for the them. I can only say I check this as often as I checked my droid. And as I have 4 work related email accts I'm checking often.

3.) Rubbish. But thank you for your time.
    vrs626 likes this.
    04-06-12 01:25 PM
    Yep but Blackberry users on Crackberry must be tolerant of, and love all platforms, while non-Blackberry users can bait, troll and p in our yard all day long. You see the same people posting links to any negative articles on RIM that they can find, bashing Blackberry, saying how great something else is and nothing happens. Seems like the mods let more go now that we are all one, big, happy Mobile Nations family. I bet the other forums on the sister sites wouldn't be as tolerant, but I doubt their are tons of BB trolls going there to cause problems either.
    Well, that was, um, "territorial."
    04-06-12 01:25 PM
    1.) Good. Don't give it up.

2.) Since I've only had it 8 days, I'd be unable to speak for the them. I can only say I check this as often as I checked my droid. And as I have 4 work related email accts I'm checking often.

3.) Rubbish. But thank you for your time.
    Keep a note one day of how many times do you wake your phone to check if you missed anything. You might be surprised.
    04-06-12 01:32 PM

Iphone owners waste time as they have to wake the screen to check for messages, you can't get around that.

It's morbidly sad that you think iPhone users are actually trying to 'get around' anything.

As opposed to consciously making a choice.

But whatever gets you through your day.
    04-06-12 01:37 PM
    Keep a note one day of how many times do you wake your phone to check if you missed anything. You might be surprised.
    Okay, I admit it. You're better than me.

Will that suffice?
    04-06-12 01:38 PM
179 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD