No I did not misquote him. I just connected the dots
    Actually you did misquote him. Connecting the dots is okay, but saying you didn't misquote someone, when you clearly did, could lead some I believe to "connect the dots" that maybe you simply want to bait a particular poster.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 04-08-12 at 11:11 AM.
    04-08-12 11:07 AM
    You did a poor job.
    Maybe I did or maybe your post was ambiguous. Why don't you clarify and clear up my misunderstandings.
    04-08-12 11:17 AM
    Maybe I did or maybe your post was ambiguous. Why don't you clarify and clear up my misunderstandings.
    Here you go, a clarification just for you. My point was this: I don't think most iPhone users know how to reboot their device. That's it. Nothing else. Does that mean iPhones never need rebooting? Of course not, and it's a reach to suggest that users not knowing of a feature (for lack of a better term) is somehow indicative that the feature "never" happens or is not needed. But since you've proven you're pretty good at reaching, there's your clarification.
    04-08-12 11:27 AM
    Why does this thread exist?
    alnamvet68 and CDM76 like this.
    04-08-12 11:27 AM
    Well i'm happy with my BB 9800 and that's all that's important to me, so realistically speaking we all have our own reasons for owning different bits of kit, but I for one wont dis any company no matter how bad, and the main reason for that is that there are peoples jobs at stake, I'm happy with my phone, I will get another BB, it works for me, but I will not dis iphone or any other manufacturer of Droid phones, because there all something to some people etc etc

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-08-12 11:34 AM
    Why does this thread exist?
    To find out who has the last word between TheEconomist and I.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-08-12 11:39 AM
    Been lurking here a while. Anyway, I've read this topic, and there were some unfounded implications made that the op doesn't have an ifone. Was there some conclusive evidence that s/he doesn't have an ifone? I mean: I can't figure out why the op got temporarily banned. Does s/he, like, h8 ifone? But seems there are lots of crying topics like "got a blackberry why doesn't it have an instagram?" and stuff like that. So, what was wrong with this topic? Seems like good discussion ...
    04-08-12 04:04 PM
    You're both pretty annoying. Maybe I can have the last word.

In reply to the post above me: the OP doesn't have an iPhone.

Also, many of us are sick of all the iPhone threads.

Lastly, the OP didn't post in the correct place. Probably they were aware of that.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-08-12 at 04:08 PM.
    alnamvet68 and sam_b77 like this.
    04-08-12 04:05 PM
    I will try this and get back to you. I have a fine sunny Indian summer day out.
    Great! How wonderful for you.

Now make your way to the 9900 forum where there is a thread where others are experiencing it and call them liars and misinformation spreaders too. Apparently it's a bug with the build of 7.1

EDIT

I'll make it easy for you. Here's the thread. I trust you'll call all of them liars too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nlight-712070/
    Last edited by reeneebob; 04-08-12 at 04:25 PM.
    04-08-12 04:23 PM
    I remember her saying a while ago that she has the "automatically dim backlight" option off, that means her screen does not dim in dark but also does not brighten up in direct sun light.

Screen protectors are causing some problems, the otterbox one especially.
    Errr, no, no and no.

Try again.

I don't have a screen protector. I have the screen set at battery saving mode always (10-% and auto dim is on). I don't have the backlight dimming set to on for my iPhone, not the 9900.
    04-08-12 04:30 PM
    You're both pretty annoying. Maybe I can have the last word.

In reply to the post above me: the OP doesn't have an iPhone.

Also, many of us are sick of all the iPhone threads.

Lastly, the OP didn't post in the correct place. Probably they were aware of that.
    So there's proof s/he doesnt have an ifone? And are all the people who start ifone threads banned? Seems kinda heavy handed ...
    04-08-12 05:05 PM
    So there's proof s/he doesnt have an ifone? And are all the people who start ifone threads banned? Seems kinda heavy handed ...
    Not everyone who starts an iPhone thread gets banned. The place for iPhone threads is here.
    04-08-12 05:11 PM
    The OP had a tendency to become exceptionally to get extremely... Well, abusive in his posts and seemed to go out of his way to insult others here.

Maybe it was a culmination of things.

Edit: And there was no way the OP had an iPhone.
    04-08-12 05:20 PM
    You've been here a day. Read the forums, get a feel for the culture, get to know some users. Then come back and you'll understand why she got banned.
    04-08-12 05:34 PM
    You've been here a day. Read the forums, get a feel for the culture, get to know some users. Then come back and you'll understand why she got banned.
    I've been here a day? Says Christy? I said I've been lurking for a while. I asked some "rational" questions, but your reply makes it sound like I'm not yet part of the club. And I looked next to the posters name. Seems she was helpful, too, cuz of some thanks (less than yours, of course).
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-08-12 05:41 PM
    The OP had a tendency to become exceptionally to get extremely... Well, abusive in his posts and seemed to go out of his way to insult others here.

Maybe it was a culmination of things.

Edit: And there was no way the OP had an iPhone.
    I agree. There are CB members who believe they are exempt from the troll label simply because this is a BB site and they happen to use a BB. Wrong. A troll is a troll is a troll is a troll. One shouldn't have to spread hateful/inaccurate messages about other platforms/users just to talk up BB, especially since BB needs all the support it can get right now.

For example, say there's a top-notch iPhone developer/power user. He's at the bar with a friend who has a 99xx. Mr. Developer is instantly attracted to the device and its capabilities. Friend says it's a great device, but laments the lack of apps. Mr. Developer decides to take it upon himself to make some awesome apps for OS7. He finds CB, and joins to get opinions on what kinds of apps users want to see most. While browsing other boards of the forum, he sees all kinds of vitriol being spread about iPhone and its users. Mr. Developer is taken aback at all the mentions of iToys, iSheep, and fart apps. It's the fart app comments that get him the most aggravated. He has spent countless hours developing fluid and productive apps for the iPhone, and these people only equate the iPhone's app capabilities with fart apps? Mr. Developer decides it's not worth his time to develop apps for such a hateful, biased, uninformed user group.

I really think a scenario like this could happen here, based on some of the posts from BB users who swear they're not trolling just because it's a BB site.

ETA: Virma - take a look at some of Tonis' posts. You'll quickly see that this has been brewing for a very long time and it wasn't simply this thread that made him fall under the ban hammer.
    04-08-12 05:45 PM
    Your join date is today. If you've been here longer than you should be well aware of the forum rules and that the OP broke them.

You'd also be aware of the recent explosion of Apple threads alongside RIM dooms day threads. Thankfully the mods are handling those appropriately.

As well, if you read the OP's post history you'll see why they were banned.

Hopefully it wasn't a permanent ban since they've been helpful in the past.

As far as the club remark. I don't know what to tell you. I'm simply answering your question. There's no club here that I know of. At least not one that I belong to. I was giving you general advice for online forums. But if you've been lurking then you already know the deal here.

Finally, it's "chrisy" not "christy."
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-08-12 at 05:51 PM.
    04-08-12 05:46 PM
    I've been here a day? Says Christy? I said I've been lurking for a while. I asked some "rational" questions, but your reply makes it sound like I'm not yet part of the club. And I looked next to the posters name. Seems she was helpful, too, cuz of some thanks (less than yours, of course).
    Virmaline, welcome to Crackberry. I'm glad you decided to join.

One really cannot tell a poster's credibility or behavior based on "thanks" or "likes". Some troublesome posters who were since banned received likes or thanks from other posters just for taking a certain side in a fight. The "flame wars" were encouraged in this manner.

Also, many long time posters do not have as many likes or thanks as newer posters, simply because those features were not available until late 2010/early 2011, I believe (someone else correct me on the dates if you know). The helpful older threads might not have gotten any thanks or likes, unless someone found those threads during a search.
    04-08-12 05:47 PM
    Thank you for the warm welcome, lak611. ["Thanks" button clicked. ]
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-08-12 05:54 PM
    Finally, it's "chrisy" not "christy."
    Me sorry. Me stupid.
    04-08-12 05:56 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    04-08-12 05:58 PM
    Thank you for the warm welcome, lak611. ["Thanks" button clicked. ]
    I hope you enjoy Crackberry. Most of the members here are nice.

And thank you for your "thanks".
    04-08-12 06:02 PM
    From CB's own user guidelines:

Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way.

Soooo....posts that call iPhone users "iSheep" or call those devices "iToys" aren't trying to provoke anyone? iPhone users who still use CB/BB are supposed to say "Oh, you. That's so witty and clever. iSheep. *chuckle*" Yeah, something tells me that's not the reaction they're hoping for there.
    Laura Knotek and Chrisy like this.
    04-08-12 06:06 PM
    Why exactly is this thread still going? It was designed from its inception to wreak havok. The OP was banned as a result.. Yet people continue to push it further.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Chrisy, alnamvet68 and CDM76 like this.
    04-08-12 06:12 PM
    Me sorry. Me stupid.
    Well, welcome to CrackBerry! It's awesome that you've finally decided to sign up here and use your first post to stick up for the poor OP! I'm sure he or she will be back here soon. As you pointed out about the OP, they were generally pretty helpful.

No problem about the name. Tonis consistently calls me Christy too.

Enjoy the site and Blackberry!
    04-08-12 06:21 PM
179 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD