Why are you taking it personal? It's the reality, same as limited BB attachments.
    04-06-12 01:49 PM
    Omg..!!!!! Find an app to seek answers.. They have billions of apps..!!!
    04-06-12 01:52 PM
    Why are you taking it personal? It's the reality, same as limited BB attachments.
    I'm not taking it personally.

But when you start with: "It must add up to a couple of days a year wasted checking for new emails"

It makes it somewhat hard to judge what your intentions are.
    04-06-12 01:54 PM

But when you start with: "It must add up to a couple of days a year wasted checking for new emails"

Well I do that all the time for people talking about their time wasted,
    Company's like McDonalds have a book called second savers talking about preloading sauce guns, to save 3-5 seconds at change out, and how much those seconds are worth,

Checking your email when you don't have any is that kind of small time waster, to most people they don't add up the 3 seconds it takes, every hour, 10 hours a day, just like I talk about the fractions of a second saved having keyboard short cuts, and having my email open for me before I've even removed the phone from my pocket because I can feel where the buttons are, and navigation buttons etc,

I didn't really see the value to the thread the comment had, but now its a point of discussion apparently.
    04-06-12 02:01 PM

Let's say it take 3 seconds to reach for your phone, wake the screen up then put the phone back down and you do that 100 times a day, that's 300 seconds or 5 minutes a day. I'll let you do the math from here on and see how many hours you waste in a year doing this.
    04-06-12 02:01 PM
    Well I do that all the time for people talking about their time wasted,
    Company's like McDonalds have a book called second savers talking about preloading sauce guns, to save 3-5 seconds at change out, and how much those seconds are worth,

Checking your email when you don't have any is that kind of small time waster, to most people they don't add up the 3 seconds it takes, every hour, 10 hours a day, just like I talk about the fractions of a second saved having keyboard short cuts, and having my email open for me before I've even removed the phone from my pocket because I can feel where the buttons are, and navigation buttons etc,

I didn't really see the value to the thread the comment had, but now its a point of discussion apparently.
    I've been writing for television for two years. I spend more time staring off into space while creating scenes in my brain than I ever could checking emails.

Having been someone who worked in a "conveyor belt" style job I can see how some of these things might 'feel' important. But they're not important to everyone and not a factor in everyone's decision.

In my industry most of us wait a day, sometimes two to get an email response about a new show or development idea.

It's not the same for everyone and 'efficiency' is a relative thing.
    04-06-12 02:16 PM
    really? what about the times spent waiting for the clock to stop spinning.

look, all phones have their pros and cons just accept it and move on. there's no need to convince the world that your purchase is right or that someone else's is wrong.

Let's say it take 3 seconds to reach for your phone, wake the screen up then put the phone back down and you do that 100 times a day, that's 300 seconds or 5 minutes a day. I'll let you do the math from here on and see how many hours you waste in a year doing this.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 02:17 PM
    I'll let you do the math from here on and see how many hours you waste in a year doing this.
    Sorry. I'll take a pass on that. I'd rather think about how many dirty martinis I can down during an average night out.

It's really not that serious.
    04-06-12 02:18 PM
    I've been writing for television for two years. I spend more time staring off into space while creating scenes in my brain than I ever could checking emails.

Having been someone who worked in a "conveyor belt" style job I can see how some of these things might 'feel' important. But they're not important to everyone and not a factor in everyone's decision.

In my industry most of us wait a day, sometimes two to get an email response about a new show or development idea.

It's not the same for everyone and 'efficiency' is a relative thing.

I'm not saying it is.

I don't have an extra Bottle of Ketchup pre loaded waiting if I run out at a home BBQ,
    I do need to answer my emails, some of them within minutes, so that is my focus, but if I was a factory worker I'm sure my email use wouldn't matter as much as say my txts from friends/family, and even those wouldn't be urgent.

I just was bringing up the fact about seconds saved and their value, as I said it didn't really have relevance to the topic until it started being a discussion
    04-06-12 02:22 PM
    Let's take out the "pick up phone and put back down" bit, as I believe one must do that even for BBs when an email comes in.

As for the rest: I hear my phone buzz to tell me an email has arrived so I glance over the little blurb on the lock screen to see who it it is from and the first bit of the title (the screen automatically wakes up). Do the same thing when a text arrives. I usually ignore them and go back to what I am doing. Later I pick up the phone, scan through the list on the lock screen and swipe on the one of most interest to take me to it and I go on from there.

How much more different is it on a BB?

The only time I put my phone on manual fetch is when I am roaming internationally.
    04-06-12 02:24 PM
    This argument is getting to be kind of stupid. Sure iPhone users spend more time checking for emails, but BlackBerry users spend more time waiting for the device to start up and waiting for web pages to load.

Does this time add up? Absolutely.

Does it matter? Probably not.
    04-06-12 02:26 PM
    This argument is getting to be kind of stupid. Sure iPhone users spend more time checking for emails, but BlackBerry users spend more time waiting for the device to start up and waiting for web pages to load.

Does this time add up? Absolutely.

Does it matter? Probably not.
    No I don't have to wait, BB Browser can load pages in the background so I don't have to wait for a big page to load, I can sent a bbm or check facebook/twitter etc while it's loading. I never did have to wait. And who boots their phone? You mean reboot? I do that at night when I don't use the phone.

I very very rarely see the spinning clock on the screen on my 9900 but I do know how to keep it running efficient.
    04-06-12 02:31 PM
    No I don't have to wait, BB Browser can load pages in the background so I don't have to wait for a big page to load, I can sent a bbm or check facebook/twitter etc while it's loading. I never did have to wait.
    Again, I gotta ask: So what?
    04-06-12 02:35 PM
    No I don't have to wait, BB Browser can load pages in the background so I don't have to wait for a big page to load, I can sent a bbm or check facebook/twitter etc while it's loading. I never did have to wait. And who boots their phone? You mean reboot? I do that at night when I don't use the phone.

I very very rarely see the spinning clock on the screen on my 9900 but I do know how to keep it running efficient.
    Chill. I'm not attacking your phone; I'm just saying that all devices have tasks that take longer than others.
    04-06-12 02:40 PM
    No I don't have to wait, BB Browser can load pages in the background so I don't have to wait for a big page to load, I can sent a bbm or check facebook/twitter etc while it's loading. I never did have to wait.
    FYI: whether a page is loading in the foreground or the background, you're sill waiting.

And who boots their phone? You mean reboot? I do that at night when I don't use the phone.
    I don't think most iOS users even know how to reboot their device.
    04-06-12 02:45 PM
    make a jailbreak
    i think the ananas got more management than an apple
    04-06-12 02:48 PM

I see what you're saying, but really, how many people actually multitask while waiting for a page to load? The very act of going back and forth to see if the page has loaded is a waste in itself.

And if we're really going to be as asinine as to talk about seconds being wasted, I lose plenty of time when the phone needs to reboot nearly every time I install or update an app. Not to mention I am unreachable during those minutes. I mean, does the Delta Check-in app really need a reboot when it is updated? Annoying...
    vrs626 likes this.
    04-06-12 02:50 PM
    I see what you're saying, but really, how many people actually multitask while waiting for a page to load? The very act of going back and forth to see if the page has loaded is a waste in itself.

And if we're really going to be as asinine as to talk about seconds being wasted, I lose plenty of time when the phone needs to reboot nearly every time I install or update an app. Not to mention I am unreachable during those minutes. I mean, does the Delta Check-in app really need a reboot when it is updated? Annoying...
    Just because an update is available it doesn't mean you have to do it on the spot lol, I can update 10 apps at night and only reboot once.
    04-06-12 02:57 PM
    FYI: whether a page is loading in the foreground or the background, you're sill waiting.

I don't think most iOS users even know how to reboot their device.
    Factually incorrect. The find out soon enough when their phone freezes. I have seen many rebooting the iPhones when the freeze. Not saying there is anything sinister in a hanged phone. All phones hang. But the myth which surrounds the iPhone is that it doesn't. It does and does need a reboot.

Carry on with your usual programming.
    04-06-12 02:58 PM
    Factually incorrect. The find out soon enough when their phone freezes. I have seen many rebooting the iPhones when the freeze. Not saying there is anything sinister in a hanged phone. All phones hang. But the myth which surrounds the iPhone is that it doesn't. It does and does need a reboot.

Carry on with your usual programming.
    Well, again, I'm only 8 days in. But no reboots as yet. I was rebooting my EVO 3 to 4x a day.
    04-06-12 03:03 PM
    Well, again, I'm only 8 days in. But no reboots as yet. I was rebooting my EVO 3 to 4x a day.
    Again not saying that it's a frequent occurrence on the iPhone. But it does happen just like with any software. And if it hangs the user would have to know how to reboot.

Just like people told me that Mac doesn't crash. It does, less frequently than windows but it does.
    04-06-12 03:20 PM
    If I had to reboot my phone multiple times a day, I'd find a new phone or platform. Talk about seconds wasted.

LOL @ "loading a webpages in the background." LOLOLOLOL

AD, did you have an OG EVO or the 3? Mine has been solid.
    04-06-12 03:34 PM
    Looks like Tonis got his wish.

A my phone is better than your phone thread.
    reeneebob likes this.
    04-06-12 03:54 PM
    You guys forget the iphone does have a audible alert, that's not saying a BB on silent with the LED isn't awesome.

Everyone knows the older BB browser is slow slow slow. But I'm not waiting too long for the browser to load any page with my OS7 Bold. Its dependant on the network. And what is it about the new iPad 4G isn't even able to access 4G in Australia??? Wrong radio bands???
    04-06-12 04:04 PM
    You guys forget the iphone does have a audible alert, that's not saying a BB on silent with the LED isn't awesome.

Everyone knows the older BB browser is slow slow slow. But I'm not waiting too long for the browser to load any page with my OS7 Bold. Its dependant on the network. And what is it about the new iPad 4G isn't even able to access 4G in Australia??? Wrong radio bands???
    Completely irrelevant, but yes. The new iPad doesn't support LTE in Australia.
    04-06-12 04:09 PM
179 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD