I wanted to see what the hip-hip-hooray was all about so I picked up an iToy. So I'm giving apple a shot, but some questions have come up right away. Why do I have to sift through hundreds of thousands of garbage apps to find a basic function like a consolidated messages box? And as I'm looking at this thing, I'm wondering where's the notification LED? Also, I'm finding that I can't make it through the day on a charge and would like to obtain a spare battery for the iPhone, but first I'd like to figure out how to open the thing to do a battery swap. Is there a quick and easy way? And what is this with the birds and the pigs??? So far, out-of-the-box experience -- not so good. If I can't get this thing up to the communication standards I'm accustomed to quickly, I'm returning it.
    04-06-12 08:59 AM
    Ok having NEVER owned one of these I do know they don't have the LED function like our BBs unless they have come up with a new app and you can't swap the battery. They made those things where you shouldn't open them. I'd say can't but I'm sure someones broken em to get them open. People just carry around the power cords if it doesn't last.
    04-06-12 09:04 AM
    Ok having NEVER owned one of these I do know they don't have the LED function like our BBs unless they have come up with a new app and you can't swap the battery. They made those things where you shouldn't open them. I'd say can't but I'm sure someones broken em to get them open. People just carry around the power cords if it doesn't last.
    This is not what I wanted to hear, but it's helping me make up my mind. The typing on glass part is not all that it's "cracked" up to be either. I'll probably end up returning this ...
    04-06-12 09:12 AM
    The OP is just trolling, he bashes Apple every chance he gets, so no real use in answering any of his fake questions, which are just veiled attempts to attempt to criticize non BlackBerry devices.
    04-06-12 09:17 AM
    Tonis with an iPhone? Late April Fools joke?

C'mon son... LOL. Nice try.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-06-12 09:20 AM
    Well,thread may get locked. OP is trying to bait. Not sure why. They're usually a good poster. Banned now but hopefully will return without all the nonsense.
    04-06-12 09:21 AM
    I'll bite.

If the OP owned an iPhone, which he doesn't, he would know that the consolidated mailbox is built right into the native mail app.

More ignorance debunked.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Yaceka likes this.
    04-06-12 09:25 AM
    Well,thread may get locked. OP is trying to bait. Not sure why. They're usually a good poster. Banned now but hopefully will return without all the nonsense.
    I'm sure it is just a 24 hour ban to cool off, obviously it is needed.

I think this thread could have been salvaged,

The Thread needs to be

So I just got an iPhone,
    What Apps do I need to download to make myself as productive as I was on my BlackBerry?

Best Notification enhancements apps?
    Best Typing improvement apps?
    Best App management apps?
    Best Short cut creating apps?
    Best Battery saving apps?
    Can one use Themes?
    How does one set individual sound profiles?
    are their apps to make app switching more BlackBerry like
    04-06-12 09:33 AM
    While I am looking forward to the next BBX phone, I have to say the only issues I have with my iPhone 4s is the lack of a notification LED...I have to wake the phone, swipe to unlock, and then check to see if my phone icon shows a missed call, or press the message icon for e-mail. That, and the delicate build quality, not build quality, which is superb and new techno-wave glass and aluminum, but the delicateness of the phone itself, which requires special handling if you don't want to scratch or break the front and back screens; which is very easy to do if one's not carefull.
    04-06-12 09:41 AM
    Wow, I am actually kind of surprised Tonis would do this. Usually he just sticks to already created threads to bash anything Apple.

Could have used better bait though. Everyone knows you can't replace the battery or have the same type of LED notifications as a BB/Android.
    04-06-12 09:44 AM
    Looks like most of the threads in the bb section except turned around. Maybe started to make a point and nothing else?
    04-06-12 09:51 AM
    While I am looking forward to the next BBX phone, I have to say the only issues I have with my iPhone 4s is the lack of a notification LED...I have to wake the phone, swipe to unlock, and then check to see if my phone icon shows a missed call, or press the message icon for e-mail. That, and the delicate build quality, not build quality, which is superb and new techno-wave glass and aluminum, but the delicateness of the phone itself, which requires special handling if you don't want to scratch or break the front and back screens; which is very easy to do if one's not carefull.
    You can set your device to show emails/text messages on the lock screen.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-06-12 10:01 AM
    I'm 8 days on the 4s now. You make excellent points. I do find myself adjusting to the feel of the phone in my hand. Having come from a larger droid.

The phone does feel both delicate and solid at the same time. But, so far so good. The non-notification issues don't bother me so much as I'm always proactively checking for new emails.
    aha likes this.
    04-06-12 10:01 AM

I think this thread could have been salvaged,

The Thread needs to be

So I just got an iPhone,
    What Apps do I need to download to make myself as productive as I was on my BlackBerry?

Best Notification enhancements apps?
    Best Typing improvement apps?
    Best App management apps?
    Best Short cut creating apps?
    Best Battery saving apps?
    Can one use Themes?
    How does one set individual sound profiles?
    are their apps to make app switching more BlackBerry like
    We would have to breakout the dreaded "jailbreak" word.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 10:03 AM
    You can set your device to show emails/text messages on the lock screen.

How do you do that?
    04-06-12 10:03 AM

OP gets really nasty with folks. It seemed most of his recent posts were escalating. Way past banter or verbal tete a tete.
    04-06-12 10:07 AM
    OP gets really nasty with folks. It seemed most of his recent posts were escalating. Way past banter or verbal tete a tete.
    I've taken time off from the forums because I've felt hostility coming, now I just put people on ignore that bring it out in me.

The OP loves BlackBerry' something that isn't really acceptable on crackberry anymore
    Last edited by deRusett; 04-06-12 at 10:23 AM.
    spike12, sam_b77, lnichols and 7 others like this.
    04-06-12 10:11 AM
    How do you do that?
    Settings>notifications>email> turn on view on lock screen...same with text messages, just click the messages app.

alnamvet68 likes this.
    04-06-12 10:12 AM
    Settings>notifications>email> turn on view on lock screen...same with text messages, just click the messages app.

Does this display just a number of message or does this give a preview of said messages?
    04-06-12 10:23 AM

Thanx....good tip.
    04-06-12 10:26 AM
    I've taken time off from the forums because I've felt hostility coming, now I just put people on ignore that bring it out in me.

The OS loves BlackBerry' something that isn't really acceptable on crackberry anymore
    The ability to intelligently debate and discuss a topic without it turning into a personal pissing match seems to be lost 'round these parts. Agreeing to disagree isn't an option for some. People tend to forget that loving your BlackBerry doesn't mean you must hate on all other platforms. I love my 9900, PlayBook, and iPad...all for different reasons. Like I've mentioned in a previous post (the one where people went crazy cause Kevin was covering the iPad launch for iMore), there are guys that take this Team BlackBerry stuff way too seriously.

I've always enjoyed reading your posts because I find them to be well balanced, informative, written with thought behind them, and more importantly, they're thought provoking.
    Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 04-06-12 at 10:39 AM.
    04-06-12 10:36 AM

Got it! Thanks!!
    04-06-12 10:37 AM
    The ability to intelligently debate and discuss a topic without it turning into a personal pissing match seems to be lost 'round these parts. Agreeing to disagree isn't an option for some. People tend to forget that loving your BlackBerry doesn't mean you must hate on all other platforms. I love my 9900, PlayBook, and iPad...all for different reasons. Like I've mentioned in a previous post (the one where people went crazy cause Kevin was covering the iPad launch for iMore), there are guys that take this Team BlackBerry stuff way too seriously.

I've always enjoyed reading your posts because I find them to be well balanced, informative, written with thought behind them, and more importantly, they're thought provoking.
    Great post!
    04-06-12 10:43 AM
    I believe there's an app to use camera flash for notifications btw.
    04-06-12 10:45 AM

The OP loves BlackBerry' something that isn't really acceptable on crackberry anymore
    But acceptable to what end? I learned of the site after picking up the PB. But I also use Apple and was using a droid phone at the time

Hang out over at iMore. It's rare indeed to see posts about BB devices.

Many users cross pollinate the electronics. It's like saying you have two kids and because you might like one more you MUST hate the other.

Some might say that's an extreme example, but it's not when you think about it.

In my opinion these are object. I don't 'love' any of them. I wouldn't even use that world in this context.

The negative post here seem to be driven more by subconscious(maybe conscious) envy than anything else. Apple/BB/Android/MS could all go belly up tomorrow and as long as there's something to replace them the world will keep spinning.

Until Dec 21st that it is. That's when the movie says all h *lls gonna break loose...
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    04-06-12 10:52 AM
179 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD