this pops up just when RIM is starting to get some positive press around BB10.

Is a Blackberry bad for your health? | TG Daily

How much are Apple and Google paying these days for a good bash story, lol.
    11-09-12 09:06 AM
    Srsly? I never once thought that an OS would be able to physically harm me...now I know, and knowing is half the battle...
    11-09-12 09:09 AM
    What's going to be their next study?

Breathing air has high levels of nitrogen? And that could be bad for your health!
    11-09-12 09:10 AM

This is satire. Read the About Us.
    It's written to get a rise out of readers.

About TG Daily | TG Daily
    11-09-12 09:14 AM
    Wow! That nickel allergy must be why Apple changed the stainless steel band around the iPhone. I wonder how much nickel the glass screen of my Torch contains?
    11-09-12 09:19 AM
    Hmm, I get that they want to get a rise out of readers, but that does not necessarily make it satire. But probably means they were not bought off either, , good catch.
    11-09-12 09:34 AM
    Hmm, I get that they want to get a rise out of readers, but that does not necessarily make it satire. But probably means they were not bought off either, , good catch.

I see them as being similar to The Onion.

http://www.theonion.com/

Sometimes actual news articles. Sometimes satirical op eds. Sometimes straight out "gotchas."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/hea...lectora,30309/
    11-09-12 09:44 AM
    I see them as being similar to The Onion.

The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Sometimes actual news articles. Sometimes satirical op eds. Sometimes straight out "gotchas."

Heavily Armed Karl Rove Spotted At Top Of Electoral College Clock Tower | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
    I was taking an online class a few years back and someone actually cited an onion article to back up their point. I private messaged them to tell them it was satire. Needless to say, I don't believe they passed the class.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 11-09-12 at 10:41 AM.
    pantlesspenguin and bungaboy like this.
    11-09-12 09:59 AM
    Nvm, off topic.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 11-09-12 at 03:10 PM.
    11-09-12 10:37 AM
    Astonishing...there is truth to the article....apologies, OP....the cynic in me took over.

Blackberry vs. iPhone -- There is a winner, for your health

http://www.acaai.org/allergist/news/...ourHealth.aspx
    gokulesh likes this.
    11-09-12 11:04 AM
    This is satire. Read the About Us.
    It's written to get a rise out of readers.

About TG Daily | TG Daily
    Actually, it's not satire. The study is real. And the article is unbiased. The Popular Science writer who wrote about the same study headlined his article "People Are Allergic to Blackberries". That's biased. Unless RIM starts labeling their phones with "contains nickel" or "does not contain nickel" stickers, how are buyers to know which is which? And, yes, nickel allergies are real, too. I've had allergic reactions to base metals, when I was a child. I seem to have grown out of them, but not everyone does. At least the article tells people how to minimize contact with nickel, if they're an allergic BB owner, instead of suggesting they get rid of their phones.
    richardat likes this.
    11-09-12 12:31 PM
    Astonishing...there is truth to the article....apologies, OP....the cynic in me took over.

Blackberry vs. iPhone -- There is a winner, for your health

http://www.acaai.org/allergist/news/...ourHealth.aspx
    Hey no problem, I thought you made a good point, be careful what you read on the interwebs,
    11-09-12 12:43 PM
    I'm not sure how much of a problem this actually is, since the allergins are NOT that common, and the actual percentages present in our devices is probably minimal. It's never been an issue for me. The article said only 3 % of men even have this allergy, plus it did not say what amounts of the allergins are present in the different BBs, it could be trace, or otherwise minimal. I'm not concerned about this.
    11-09-12 01:03 PM
    The article says 33% of BB and 94% of flip phones. This would lead me to believe that the older phones were the ones effected. They should list models. 2/3rd of the BB collection is unaffected. Ehhhh bad science at its best.
    gokulesh likes this.
    11-09-12 01:16 PM
    I'm not sure how much of a problem this actually is, since the allergins are NOT that common, and the actual percentages present in our devices is probably minimal. It's never been an issue for me. The article said only 3 % of men even have this allergy, plus it did not say what amounts of the allergins are present in the different BBs, it could be trace, or otherwise minimal. I'm not concerned about this.
    You obviously don't have the allergy. There's nothing wrong with the study or the original article. It's going to be seen by doctors and, maybe, those with nickel allergies. There's even suggestions to minimize or avoid allergy issues for sufferers who own Blackberries. The problem comes in with the popular press picking it up, where some may only look at the headline and not read further. The PS headline reads "People Are Allergic to Blackberries". Sensationalistic and, without being qualified by facts, only partly true. It's not all people and not all Blackberries.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-09-12 01:30 PM
    There is only ONE BlackBerry with a metal bezel, the rest are ALL made of plastic.
    11-09-12 01:36 PM
    There is only ONE BlackBerry with a metal bezel, the rest are ALL made of plastic.
    So, the outer rim of my 9810 and 9800 are both plastic? And the silver pieces separating the keyboard rows are plastic, too?
    11-09-12 02:01 PM
    So, the outer rim of my 9810 and 9800 are both plastic? And the silver pieces separating the keyboard rows are plastic, too?
    Lol, I forgot about the 9800/9810 but I'm pretty sure the silver bits in the keyboard are plastic, they're worn on my 9700 and on a mate's 9900.
    11-09-12 02:05 PM
    I normally *AM* into the blackberry conspiracies. This is just another one of them. i am still trying to figure out whos agenda the demise of blackberry helps though. i really don't think he whole plan is fabricated by just apple. Someone else has something to gain.
    11-09-12 02:25 PM
    Lol, I forgot about the 9800/9810 but I'm pretty sure the silver bits in the keyboard are plastic, they're worn on my 9700 and on a mate's 9900.
    I must take better care of mine. Seriously, though, it would have been better had the study indicated which models were at issue. I'm sure there's more than one model involved if they're quoting a 33% rate.
    11-09-12 03:17 PM
    So Apple paid for this study which was published at their behest and they are choreographing the announcement of findings at this conference....

2012 Annual Scientific Meeting Presskit
    notfanboy, 00stryder and gokulesh like this.
    11-09-12 03:17 PM
    Who still uses an 8700c? The devices containing nickel are all ancient. http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mobil...sh-95892.shtml
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    11-09-12 03:32 PM

this has to be the best one yet,lol
    11-09-12 04:11 PM
    So Apple paid for this study which was published at their behest and they are choreographing the announcement of findings at this conference....

2012 Annual Scientific Meeting Presskit
    I guess I'm missing where it says Apple is a sponsor.
    11-09-12 05:03 PM
    Isn't the iPhone made of aluminum? And isn't aluminum implicated in alzheimer's?
    11-09-12 05:30 PM
62 123