Where is the love for some of us with the curve 3gs
    For those with a 3G Curve, please try downloading the app directly from:

goosecha.se/cb/320x240_4.5/goosechase.jad

NOTE: This is a direct link and should not be used for other phones that don't have a 320x240 resolution.
    08-08-11 02:37 PM
    The bugs in the App are killing the fun.... It seems either their servers can't handle the load, or the app is buggy as anything. I was able to get 3 pics up and now can't, after 2 battery pulls and about 20 tries, nothing. Uncaught exception, application is not responding.
    Hi All,

We are aware of the unexpected issues in the apps and are doing everything in our power to get it working as you expect.

I really do apologize for this and appreciate your patience.

If you have any additional issues, please let me know at andrew[at]goosecha.se or call me at +1.647.522.4441.

Thanks,

Andrew Cross
    ---------------------
    Co-Founder & CEO
    GooseChase Adventures
    08-08-11 02:43 PM
    Is this limited to residents of the USA only?
    Anyone in the world can play!
    08-08-11 02:47 PM
    This one is for you Kevin

Last edited by diegonei; 08-08-11 at 09:18 PM.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    08-08-11 04:05 PM
    good luck my friend
    08-08-11 05:40 PM
    Some picture will need my blackberry in it. i assume i can use another camera to take picture and transfer to blackberry to upload is that correct?
    No. You cnat upload pics to your Blackberry and send them like that.
    The app has a "snap picture" function in it, that when you use that uploads directly to the "mission" you are doing. Therefore you can't upload external files to do.
    08-08-11 05:45 PM
    My Torch say's ," cannot fine the requested server". typed it every way possible. any ideas?
    08-08-11 05:46 PM
    Hi All,

We are aware of the unexpected issues in the apps and are doing everything in our power to get it working as you expect.

I really do apologize for this and appreciate your patience.

If you have any additional issues, please let me know at andrew[at]goosecha.se or call me at +1.647.522.4441.

Thanks,

Andrew Cross
    ---------------------
    Co-Founder & CEO
    GooseChase Adventures
    Pls let ALL of us know when this bug will be fixed. It does suck, and we are all def sure you are trying to reslove this.
    I am a tad frustrated at this as others are, as I tried a few times and got the unexpected error when taking a pic and it trying to upload the picture.

Thanks GooseChase (Andrew)!
    08-08-11 05:47 PM
    My Torch say's ," cannot fine the requested server". typed it every way possible. any ideas?
    You can try downloading it from the direct link:

goosecha.se/cb/360x480_4.7/goosechase.jad

NOTE: This is the direct download link for touchscreen devices ONLY (storm, torch, etc.).
    08-08-11 06:12 PM
    Why is this incompatible with Verizon Curve 3G? If anyone needs a new BlackBerry 7 phone, it's definitely the Curve users who need to upgrade! #NotFair

EDIT: If you have a curve 3G, download it directly from goosecha.se/cb/320x240_4.5/goosechase.jad
    Last edited by colbyo; 08-08-11 at 06:27 PM. Reason: FOUND LINK
    08-08-11 06:24 PM
    So in the updates I've been noticing quite a few shortcuts that have been taken. Hopefully those get cut out!
    08-08-11 11:19 PM
    every mission ive attempted has uploaded great. this is fun. only one that doesnt work is "steve jobbin'" always get the exception error and closes program without signing out. can do missions just before and just after without changing a thing. also have pulled the battery 3 times and still no go. as long as the larger points missions are a go im still playing.

torch 9800 rogers OS 6.0 b1907

thanks for the fun games
    08-08-11 11:43 PM
    I downloaded the app, saw the number of points the leaders had, looked st the ways to get any points over 1,000, and then cried and installed the app lol.
    Too many things required taking a picture of your phone with type phone too.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    08-09-11 12:12 AM
    every mission ive attempted has uploaded great. this is fun. only one that doesnt work is "steve jobbin'" always get the exception error and closes program without signing out. can do missions just before and just after without changing a thing. also have pulled the battery 3 times and still no go. as long as the larger points missions are a go im still playing.

torch 9800 rogers OS 6.0 b1907

thanks for the fun games
    yeah I just started getting that too (the uncaught exception). I think the number on mine the last one I tried to submit was 300. Hopefully it works tomorrow, I've got some scavenging to do!
    08-09-11 01:49 AM
    This is damn crazy. When's the deadline? (I'm sorry if I couldn't find the deadline)
    I'm getting my BB 9780 by August 27, and this app will definitely help me to get myself a BB 7 Smartphone with no cash.

Oh how I live Crackberry!
    08-09-11 01:53 AM
    Jim Balsillie is more than a man,
    He embodies the truth, the potential of many,
    And just like El Jobs he has more than one fan.
    This legend has one great thought to pursue,
    In order to get back above all the rest,
    BlackBerry 7, just will not do.
    As all the haters walk away from the clan,
    "RIM is now dead" as they don't bother to turn,
    "With QNX soon here, now who's the man?"

*grrrrr....stupid uncaught exceptions!*
    Last edited by swimmer160; 08-09-11 at 02:12 AM.
    08-09-11 02:02 AM
    Hi All,

Great News! We've got what seems to be a fix for all the uncaught exception issues!

To implement the fix, please download the latest build of the app. It can be found at crackberry.goosecha.se.

Again, thanks for everyone's patience as we worked on this. If anything else pops up or something doesn't work, please let me know and I'll get on it asap ([email protected]).

Thanks,
    Andrew Cross

--------------------------
    GooseChase Adventures
    08-09-11 03:09 AM
    Oh damn! I notice that this contest ends at 14th, and I don't have a BB yet. Will there possibly be any Goosechase contests in the future, 'cause this looks heck of a fun.
    08-09-11 04:35 AM
    Baby needs a new pair of shoes!!!
    08-09-11 04:44 AM
    My annoyance came with the first challenge I tried, Top Off. Easy enough, until I go to snap the image and guess what? No flash! No matter what mode I try to use.

Oh, and how do you take a shot of your BlackBerry if the shot must be taken from within the app? Oops. I have 2 BlackBerry devices, could take pics of the other, but did anyone consider making all of the camera features work or give a lot of thought to how you take pics of your own device from within the app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 06:16 AM
    I have to saw the major flaw in this contest is the fact that you have to have 2 BlackBerries; if the app would allow you to upload a pic from another phone or berry it would make things a little more sane. But to have to take all these pics of your berry, yet the pics have to be taken through the app...something tells me this wasn't tested or thought out as well as we're being led to believe.

Also for the goosechase rep, it would be nice to have flash controls in the camera portion of your app. It seems to just set the flash at full strength, and for some of these close-up pics they just end up washed out.

08-09-11 07:11 AM
    So in the updates I've been noticing quite a few shortcuts that have been taken. Hopefully those get cut out!
    Yea....I noticed in the updates that some peeps are using the pics I TOOK AS THEIR OWN! Cheaters never win....and you know who you are because one of em has even posted in the post.

08-09-11 07:30 AM
    chiripio is cheating:

media.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/MIL_US_Army_Blackberry_lg.jpg - website

Thats the picture for his "Army of One" mission.
    and also his stack up one isnt even blackberrys. (google images?)

and military in army of one is missing a i :P
    08-09-11 08:02 AM
    I have to saw the major flaw in this contest is the fact that you have to have 2 BlackBerries; if the app would allow you to upload a pic from another phone or berry it would make things a little more sane. But to have to take all these pics of your berry, yet the pics have to be taken through the app...something tells me this wasn't tested or thought out as well as we're being led to believe.

Also for the goosechase rep, it would be nice to have flash controls in the camera portion of your app. It seems to just set the flash at full strength, and for some of these close-up pics they just end up washed out.

I agree needing to take a picture of your BlackBerry makes it more difficult. We encourage finding a friend to participate in the contest with you or using a mirror, but this complaint has definitely been noted for next time!

Unfortunately we won't be letting people upload photos from their memory cards any time soon as this will just open it up to a whole world of cheating. Trust me, there's enough people trying to cheat already. Not that they will ever win, mind you.

Finally, noted on the flash. Thanks for the feedback. We are in an open-beta right now so we encourage participants to let us know what you like and don't like at feedback[at]goosecha.se. It can only help us make it better for the future!
    08-09-11 08:14 AM
    I agree needing to take a picture of your BlackBerry makes it more difficult. We encourage finding a friend to participate in the contest with you or using a mirror, but this complaint has definitely been noted for next time!

Unfortunately we won't be letting people upload photos from their memory cards any time soon as this will just open it up to a whole world of cheating. Trust me, there's enough people trying to cheat already. Not that they will ever win, mind you.

Finally, noted on the flash. Thanks for the feedback. We are in an open-beta right now so we encourage participants to let us know what you like and don't like at feedback[at]goosecha.se. It can only help us make it better for the future!
    That's understandable on the cheating part...but maybe a future workaround is you have to take a picture of yourself with your BB and upload it to your goosechase account. Then it should be fairly easy to see if someone is actually in the pictures they claim to have taken. With facial recognition being as advanced as it is, I would think this wouldn't be too hard.

I'll send an email on the flash. Thanks for listening and being available.
    08-09-11 08:17 AM
170 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD