How's everyybody holding up?? Been traveling for 2 weeks. Been hitting the gym every chance I get but its been tough to put in the gym time I want to. And man oh man is heating healthy while away tough!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Met my goal of doing 45 minutes cardio, and lost 5 pounds and a few inches overall, so progress is going good for me. But I am finding myself at times getting distracted with all the buzz on the Crackberry forums about Droids and BB 6, that I forget to go do the workout.

I think most people trying to get fit would agree that eating right is the biggest challenge. A predominately natural diet provides more energy and way less calories, sodium and fat content than a processed food diet does. The challenge is that most restaurants and caterers find it more cost effective and profitable to offer processed food menu selections than natural food. Eating a low sodium diet is often the most bland and boring diet to eat, so even if you prepare your own meals, it can be a real challenge to lay off the sodium.

Avoiding breads, condiments, sauces, baked and frozen goods, goes a long way to helping you avoid high sodium and fat content, as well as limiting your overall caloric intake. It's been my experience that eating a high sodium diet will make losing weight very challenging. Sodium retains water weight in the body and is also the key contributor to high blood pressure.
    Last edited by trjnberry; 08-02-10 at 03:00 PM.
    08-02-10 02:14 PM
    Important thing is you are hitting the gym. And diet is the key to all of this for results.
    08-02-10 03:42 PM
    25 days left. Who's still in? How're the physique changes coming?
    08-06-10 12:51 PM
    Man I'm trying, started a new workout, eating healthier, but BUSY. The weight wont fall off, but eating better is key. Congrats trjnberry, sounds like you've got it together! Congrats to everyone!
    08-09-10 03:12 PM
    my gymtechnik subscription for the mobile app ended so I haven't been updating or doing my twitter tag but my workouts are still going pretty well, lol.

25 days left. Who's still in? How're the physique changes coming?
    08-11-10 06:44 AM
    Hmmm...I'd just like to get an idea of how many people I'm competing against on the physique changes.

I do hope for people that got into this for the possiblity of winning that they developed some better eating habits and will continue to exercise.
    08-11-10 11:42 AM
    my gymtechnik subscription for the mobile app ended so I haven't been updating or doing my twitter tag but my workouts are still going pretty well, lol.
    I don't think too many of us have sprung the big bux for the subscription, so I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, before and after photos is part of the basic membership, which is free. You can just go into the online site and update manually. I would guess you could tweet your workouts likewise, just manually instead of by the phone. The contest rules do state that buying the subscription was optional. Although, they also include a 40% off coupon code in case you want to buy your first year at a discount. I think that coupon is valid for the duration of the contest.
    08-11-10 11:43 AM
    Man I'm trying, started a new workout, eating healthier, but BUSY. The weight wont fall off, but eating better is key. Congrats trjnberry, sounds like you've got it together! Congrats to everyone!
    Thanks for compliment!
    08-11-10 02:01 PM
    Couple more weeks to go I hope everyone is doing well!
    08-17-10 04:45 PM
    We're at about 10 days out before this is over. I've really enjoyed pushing myself a bit harder and eating a bit cleaner than I normally would have. I hope that everyone has seen positive changes and this motivates them enough to keep up with the eating better and exercising.
    08-18-10 10:46 AM
    When do we have to get our pics in by?

Lee
    08-22-10 05:14 PM
    5 days left all. I just wanted to say this has been a fun and lonely at times journey. I've really come to learn that within physical limitations that there's nothing I can't set my mind to accomplish. And even if I come short of where I wanted to end up, I'll know how to improve and make progress the next time.

I enjoyed chatting with everyone on the bbm fitness challenge group.
    08-24-10 10:09 PM
    Woot Woot. Ended workout this evening. Going good!
    08-24-10 10:13 PM
    How's everybody doing? I got lost from the BBM Group a while back when doing a device switch and have tried a bunch of times to rejoin but it never lets me... group must be full? Funny, since I was the one who started it. lol.

Anyways, we're coming down to the wire now. Anybody feeling like they're winning this thing (for the best before/after). I started out sooo strong, then traveling just killed me. Was gone for three weeks, then another week. Hasn't been nearly the progress I was hoping for. Eating clean on the road when you're out and having meetings and social gatherings is still something I need to learn how to tackle. Haven't gotten worse at least. And am starting to get into a good routine now.

With the CB App Awards coming up at DevCon at the end of September, I'm going to really extend the challenge for me personally right till then. Won't be looking that great for the end of the challenge, but hopefully end of September I will.

Recording our CrackBerry Podcast in 30 mins then I'm off for a jog!

Hope everybody is rocking it!

K
    08-25-10 04:32 PM
    How's everybody doing? I got lost from the BBM Group a while back when doing a device switch and have tried a bunch of times to rejoin but it never lets me... group must be full? Funny, since I was the one who started it. lol.

Anyways, we're coming down to the wire now. Anybody feeling like they're winning this thing (for the best before/after). I started out sooo strong, then traveling just killed me. Was gone for three weeks, then another week. Hasn't been nearly the progress I was hoping for. Eating clean on the road when you're out and having meetings and social gatherings is still something I need to learn how to tackle. Haven't gotten worse at least. And am starting to get into a good routine now.

With the CB App Awards coming up at DevCon at the end of September, I'm going to really extend the challenge for me personally right till then. Won't be looking that great for the end of the challenge, but hopefully end of September I will.

Recording our CrackBerry Podcast in 30 mins then I'm off for a jog!

Hope everybody is rocking it!

K
    Hey Kevin,

The groups never been full and is now down to 14 members so not sure why you've had problems but the most full it's been is 23 members I think.

I'm doing pretty well and I'm winning my own battle but no idea about the competition, anyway I do know there's a lot of folk doing well so I reckon the competition will be stiff for everyone!

Thanks for running the competition I think it just gave some of us extra focus on our training.

So how do we let you know that we want to do the after pics? Just post them on the GymT site?
    08-25-10 06:17 PM
    And to add onto what Lee asked about the pics. Where do we submit them? How long before a winner is determined? How long before you figure out the twitter tweet winner?

I'd like to say I'm a strong contender to win. But I really don't know what my competition looks like, so it's impossible to say.
    08-25-10 10:06 PM
    Last day ladies and gents!

Kevin, I hope it's cool but for some reason a lot of my tweets wouldn't go through to the #blackberryfitchallenge area. So I just directly tweeted them with the hashtag #blackberryfitchallenge. I did as many as I could from gymtechnik but the ones that didn't show up, I just directly tweeted them.

Hope everyone had as much fun and pain as I did during this.
    08-29-10 07:21 AM
    Man, wish I would have known about this...granted I haven't lost a lot of weight in the last few months, but have added some muscle mass...

Was 340 this time last year and down to 235 currently. So lost over a 100 pounds in right about a year.

Need to lose 35 more, but hard when you weight lift a lot and do it heavy. Need to focus on lower weight more reps...

08-29-10 09:57 AM
    This is such a good idea. My Twitter is @Acas1492 and I'm happy Here are people who enjoy exercise.

08-30-10 02:44 AM
    OK FOLKs,

That's it for the "timed" part of the 60 day fitness challenge. I'll be doing up a blog post later today with some of the follow up. We'll announce the winner of the most tweets challenge. The best before / after voting will start soon (gym technik is sending out a note with instructions to all those who submitted before photos). and we're going to keep the random tweet contest going one more week... so keep tweeting and working out for more chances to win. be in touch soon!

K
    08-30-10 11:45 AM
    OK FOLKs,

That's it for the "timed" part of the 60 day fitness challenge. I'll be doing up a blog post later today with some of the follow up. We'll announce the winner of the most tweets challenge. The best before / after voting will start soon (gym technik is sending out a note with instructions to all those who submitted before photos). and we're going to keep the random tweet contest going one more week... so keep tweeting and working out for more chances to win. be in touch soon!

K
    Lucky Tweeters! Awwww....
    08-30-10 12:31 PM
    Quite a few of my twitter posts didn't go through. Will I still be receiving credit for these?
    08-30-10 01:33 PM
    Quite a few of my twitter posts didn't go through. Will I still be receiving credit for these?
    Lol I had a fail on the tweets too! But then I thought oh well it's more about my progress and change as opposed to how many tweets I can get in!
    08-30-10 03:04 PM
    Congratulations on winning the Tweet award. Your dedication to this contest was apparent from the start in the BBM group, and your end pic is awesome. Coach got fit...!
    08-30-10 07:40 PM
    Congratulations on winning the Tweet award. Your dedication to this contest was apparent from the start in the BBM group, and your end pic is awesome. Coach got fit...!
    Thanks, Trjn! It was a long journey. I cut my bodyfat wayyyy down, well over half of what it was. Now comes the challenge of adding back in calories to build muscle without losing the leaness that I have now.
    08-30-10 10:13 PM
222 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD