hey everyone!
    man am i late to the party here, but oh well, i'm really pumped to see that the fitness bug has made it to the crackberry nation here. heres a little bit about me:

i'm a 20 year old college student. the last year i spent out of school due to some poor decisions (to much partying, not enough going to class), and over this past year, i realized that the one thing i missed most about school, wasn't the drinking, or going out, but it was playing rugby.

so now that i'm back in school, and have access to the gym, i plan to turn some things around, and get into playing shape. On top of that, my new major is sports and exercise science, so i'm going to be doing a good bit of physical activity over the coming months and years, and what better way to start it off than with the 60 day contest?

i'm 6', 174 lbs, and i'm looking to shed whats left of this beer belly, and pack on some muscle. i'll be posting here quite a bit, with what help i can (i've done tons of research on my own on different supplements and diets to help build muscle).

find me on twitter @pyroskater6912, or hit me up on facebook at facebook.com/pyroskater6912
    07-08-10 09:28 PM
    This should be fun. 32 6'2" 241 looking to get down to about 215.
    07-09-10 12:04 AM
    Hey everyone! Seem to be a little bit late but whatever. I've been working out intensely for past few weeks now and once I saw this I had to give it a go!

I'm 18, I am 5' 11" and currently weigh around 180 - 185 lbs. I want to get down to around 165 or 170 and gain some muscle while doing it.

Im currently doing a fat burn/body sculpting workout to lose excess fat and then after that im looking to do a bulk or muscle gaining upper body workout.

I've been looking to get in shape this summer because in early october I have hockey try-outs for my college. This year was my senior year in high school and I have done nothing but drink, smoke, party, eat, and sit around. I gained a good 15lbs this year alone. I decided it was time to take some action and lose some weight. I need to stay in shape year round as well next year if I want to stay on sports and what not.

So thats basically it, I can't wait to get started with this/ I am so glad someone thought of something like this! I'll be posting and checking up here a lot!

Good luck to everyone!
    07-09-10 12:38 AM
    I don't believe in cutting out specific flours, or simple or complex carbs - I believe "everything in moderation, including moderation". Just eat healthIER and exercise more often, you'd be surprised how well it works.
    Actually, that's how it should be. I was seeing a nutritionist for about a year to help me get to a healthier eating habit and that's exactly what she helped me to do. Moderation is the key and when you start packing on the pounds start writing down everything you are shoving in and you'll see all those extra calories.

It's more of a smarter choice really that everybody ideally should follow but really, you can't force people.
    07-09-10 06:48 AM
    hey i've been working out pretty much everyday!
    i've got my 4 pack and i'm now toning it up and working on a 6 pack
    also working on biceps and etc
    07-09-10 07:23 PM
    i need your secret so that i can at least work on a 2-pack!

hey i've been working out pretty much everyday!
    i've got my 4 pack and i'm now toning it up and working on a 6 pack
    also working on biceps and etc
    07-10-10 08:59 AM
    Updated but wasn't really having any issues with the last release. Tried one of the exercise routines from the catalog this morning and really enjoyed it.
    07-10-10 06:19 PM
    So it's Monday...how's everyone doing? I slipped a little this weekend and am up a couple so I have some work to do this week. Finally took my pictures and need to submit.
    07-12-10 12:32 PM
    I am sore lol......

Did full body this weekend and two days later it's really hitting me.. But feeling good!!!!

Did lunges till I fell over.. Legs are freakin pumped!!!

I submitted my pictures last week...... But in all honesty I don;t expect to see a big change. Maybe little more tone and cut in...
    07-12-10 12:37 PM
    So it's Monday...how's everyone doing? I slipped a little this weekend and am up a couple so I have some work to do this week. Finally took my pictures and need to submit.
    Last week was a killer on the diet for me. First, family makes some delicious brownies that they need to "get rid of" and I was "perfect candidate" for the job! Then I go to a service club retreat and what was sitting there on a platter, saying "Hi-yah CB Fitness Challenger, what's up...?" Yep, another platter of delicious brownies! Good thing I was exercising this week, because I only went up 1/2 a pound. But the positive for me this past week was I did 19 minutes on the bike, so I am almost half-way to my goal of 45 minutes a day. Now, if I can go this week without a binge on the brownies, I should be OK.
    07-12-10 12:48 PM
    Just had a bowl of oatmeal. Mmmmm. Nothing will stick to the ribs like oatmeal.
    07-12-10 01:29 PM
    doing good, nrdo. have you done your Monday workout, yet?

07-12-10 02:05 PM
    No workout yet tilamarei but should be able to squeeze it in after work and dinner. Have you hit it yet today? Arms are pretty sore as I did the "Explosive Arm Workout" from the catalog on Saturday. Thankfully it's only a once-a-week workout!
    07-12-10 03:07 PM
    Not yet for me today. I plan on doing upper body later after 8

No workout yet tilamarei but should be able to squeeze it in after work and dinner. Have you hit it yet today? Arms are pretty sore as I did the "Explosive Arm Workout" from the catalog on Saturday. Thankfully it's only a once-a-week workout!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 04:32 PM
    I heard about this from another person doing the challenge and decided to check it out. I am an overweight mom of 4! my youngest will be 1 in August! I told myself that I would lose the weight that I had gained, but of course, I haven't done it. I hope this will give me the incentive I need to lose it! I am 5'5" and weigh, as of this morning, 187lbs. I want to lose about 50 to 60lbs. I'm looking forward to getting in shape and meeting some new friends along the way!
    07-12-10 05:01 PM
    I heard about this from another person doing the challenge and decided to check it out. I am an overweight mom of 4! my youngest will be 1 in August! I told myself that I would lose the weight that I had gained, but of course, I haven't done it. I hope this will give me the incentive I need to lose it! I am 5'5" and weigh, as of this morning, 187lbs. I want to lose about 50 to 60lbs. I'm looking forward to getting in shape and meeting some new friends along the way!
    Good luck! Make sure you check out the BBM group too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 07:41 PM
    I post my workouts to twitter via gym technik's app but when i go to the twitter site from my laptop and search for #blackberryfitchallenge, I never see my posts. i see some of the other participants. when i go to my page i see the #blackberryfitchallenge tag on my profile but when i click it, my posts are gone. is this going to mess me up for the drawing?
    07-13-10 09:16 AM
    I'm a little concerned as well. I see my posts in my stream but when searching for everyone participating I don't.

I post my workouts to twitter via gym technik's app but when i go to the twitter site from my laptop and search for #blackberryfitchallenge, I never see my posts. i see some of the other participants. when i go to my page i see the #blackberryfitchallenge tag on my profile but when i click it, my posts are gone. is this going to mess me up for the drawing?
    07-13-10 03:05 PM
    I haven't checked in here for a few days. My bad! What did I miss? How's everybody doing?

I've been working out decently well, but still gotta get on a proper diet. My mornings/lunches aren't too bad..but the evenings kill me.
    07-13-10 03:44 PM
    I have been deciding to go with the 'this, not that diet'. I am just choosing healthier versions of all my favorites.
    07-13-10 04:08 PM
    Doing okay but not as well as I would like. It appears life has been running interference though I have nearly completed my plan of attack.

A couple of us have had questions regarding our feeds to twitter. We are noticing our tweets in our personal streams but can't seem to find them when searching for #blackberryfitchallenge. Concerned this may affect our contest participation.
    07-13-10 05:52 PM
    I have not update my workout summary in a few days. I will be back in on tomorrow.
    07-13-10 06:03 PM
    Yeah. I am noticing the same thing as nrdo. I have updated the status, but it doesn't seem to show up when I search for the hashtag. Hope this doesn't effect my challenge chances.
    07-13-10 07:23 PM
    Anyone seen this blog yet?

Endomondo challenges BlackBerry users to hit the road | CrackBerry.com

I know the contest is sponsored by Gymtechnik, BUT this app looks like it might be a cool supplement.
    07-14-10 11:13 AM
    another step class last night with no AC and a funky smell from the yoga class. granted not as bad as last week but still. tonight i may do a spin class but we'll see lol - the most likely scenario is that i'll be running instead.
    07-14-10 11:19 AM
222 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD