Another workout down! Woot woot!
    07-03-10 01:24 PM
    What is every ones work out schedule?

Mine is the following

Super Hero workout. Which is an intense full body work out!! Should work really well!!!

Fridays - Super Hero Arms/Back
    Sundays - Super Hero Legs/Chest
    Wednesdays - Elliptical / Cross Trainer and Super Hero Shoulders/Traps

Got it all Scheduled for the next 60-80 days.
    Never heard of this work out but I'm sure we have something similar to it at my gym.

I found that gymtechnik's "work out" section had no bearing on what I actually do lol

If I'm off from work on Mondays I do Cardio/Chisel for 1 hr 15 mins otherwise I don't go to the gym because that's an off day for me. This Monday I'm off though - I love this class but it's only 1 time a week during the day when I usually have clinic.

Tuesday: Chisel - 1 hr
    Treadmill: ~ 20 mins to fill the time in between classes
    Step: 1 hr

Wed: Elliptical/Treadmill: 1 hr 30 mins

Thurs: Chisel - 1 hr
    Treadmill/Elliptical - 30 mins depending on mood on which one I do

Fri: Off unless I don't work then I'll do a Cardio class - 1 hr and Treadmill - 30 mins

Sat: Mow lawns - 2 hrs
    Treadmill - 1 hr or so

Sun: Treadmill - 1 hr 30 mins (usually my running day)
    07-03-10 07:03 PM
    I started a little Twitter List for all the people on here that listed their @Twitter names.

Hope to chat it up with you guys soon!

Keep working hard!
    Add me @debbiejanereyes

Thanks
    07-03-10 07:19 PM
    Thanks!

I'm up to date with the twitter names ppl have posted. Check out my list and msg me if ur not on it!

Keep working hard guys!
    Add me please...twitter:@ItnStln511

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 07:37 PM
    Great timing, I'm in.

A couple weeks ago was on a business trip and and the group of us were commenting how we could stand to loose a couple lbs as we scarfed down 16+ oz steaks for 5 days. We enlisted a group of coworkers and our first weigh in will be Tuesday with an end date of September 3rd...winner take all for the $10/person bet. (It's mostly guys so god forbid we do it for our health--money and pride are the better motivation.)

I'm 6" 1' and about 215 lbs.
    07-03-10 10:23 PM
    Im in too, whats up guys? I'm 5'6" and weigh around 190, I want to lose most of my midsection and get leaner. Let's do this!!
    07-03-10 10:49 PM
    Just wanted to say "good luck and work hard!" to everyone. I'm not officially participating because I'm 9 weeks out from a broken/dislocated ankle and still on crutches yet. But I'll be following this thread, etc. for motivation as my mobility returns and I can get back into a regular exercise program.
    07-04-10 11:19 AM
    hello,

I was 210 about 18 months ago

I became vegan, now I am vegetarian

I was down to 180, and 23 percent body fat...(home scale readings)

now, I am up to 185-188, most likely 24 percent body fat. too much drinking, too much summer eating!

I started working out yesterday, july 3

want to fit in some of my slimmer shirts!

most likely will happen at 180 and 19 percent....so that is my goal
    07-04-10 11:38 AM
    Good luck all, I hope the training is going well so far!
    07-04-10 12:50 PM
    You know one thing I have noticed though setting up my workouts is that their idea of a work out and mine are different especially with some of the classes I take lol Like there is no option for a step class for an hour or a chisel class for an hour, etc.
    Workouts will be different for everyone. Our app has about 60 workouts that you can select from to build your workout library, but if you have your own workouts, with your own exercises, feel free to customize to your needs. You can build your own custom exercises, so you don't need to use ours. And then when you build your workout, simply slot in the custom exercises you built. Good luck!
    07-04-10 01:29 PM
    Workouts will be different for everyone. Our app has about 60 workouts that you can select from to build your workout library, but if you have your own workouts, with your own exercises, feel free to customize to your needs. You can build your own custom exercises, so you don't need to use ours. And then when you build your workout, simply slot in the custom exercises you built. Good luck!
    I use the app for custom exercises. Works good. The only gripe I have with the app so far is that when I went in to enter my cardio, AFTER I did it, it started the cardio at the time I completed it. May just be the verbiage the app uses to mark the entry, but it's confusing to a novice user. The custom exercise entries gave options for both time & reps. It allows you to give instructions, upload photos of the custom exercise. So, you're not limited to the preset exercise. My custom workout is what was called by my physical therapists as wall sits, position 2's, hip extensions, heel raises, and step ups. The Chiropractic one I use is called a Cervical Press, or basically a pushup against a wall corner with your hands turned in. Good luck in finding those exercises in any gym app! I actually found a couple online exercise sites for people with osteoarthritis in the knees that showed pics of most of those exercises mentioned. I can't find any pic for that corner wall pushup, but you really feel it in your chest & triceps. Oh, yeah, I am the extreme case using this app, but if I can make it work, anybody can! :-)

For cardio, I'm alternating between biking and walking. 45 mins a day cardio is my goal for this contest.

07-04-10 02:07 PM
    I am 26 and I think this a great time for me to start. I am 6'3 and used to be 185 to 190 lbs for years, then a lot started to catch up and I would like to get back to being healthy again. I am at 242 lbs and worried about diabetes in the future. I was having a late start but 7/3 was my quit smoking date.
    07-04-10 02:14 PM
    Official 60 Day BlackBerry Fitness Challenge Support Thread

Howdy CrackBerry members and participants in our 60 Day BlackBerry Fitness Challenge. The event officially kicks off today (July 1st, 2010) and we'll use this thread over the next 60 days to keep each other motivated, on track, and going strong. If you're taking part in the challenge, be sure to say hello here. You can share as much info or as little as you want. Share your goals - where are you at now and where do you want to be. You can share your photos here too. If you're on twitter share your ID so we can follow each other.

When the 60 days is all over, in addition to the main contest prizes we're going to do up some extra special bonus prizes for those participating actively on this thread. So let's get to know each other, and get in shape this summer!!

I have a similar story except that I am 40 (and still play like I am 21). I was always underweight. Skinny. At 5'9" in height, I averaged 150lbs most of my adult life... that is until I quit smoking 3 years ago. Then I ate everything in sight.

Between a slowing metabolism due to both age and the not smoking... I jumped to about 200lbs as noted during a medical physical a few months back. (by the way when you turn 40 doc gets a little more thorough lol). I am down to about 195 but that has little to do with exercise or diet... just a flux based on bad eating habits and various work shifts

I did start working out a bit last year, but just haven't found the drive or ambition to go on a regular basis. Thinking back to how I managed to quit smoking after 20 years, the thing that helped most was reporting and discussing my progress on a forum (smokershelpline.ca). This contest might just be what I need to keep focused and motivated on exercise.

Finally I recently found myself single and that is scary because I have never had a girlfriend older than 29 and uhm... fatty needs to get back into shape if I am going to compete for the ladies with youngins like Kevin haha

This is on - I start tomorrow - the gym in my building that I rarely see the inside of, is going to have a new (regular) visitor. My goal... drop 30lbs and transform the keg around my waist. Might not happen in the 60 days, but I will be thrilled if I get half way there.

One comment though. I think that Gymtechnik should have extended their free premium upgrade to 60 days for this contest. The NextGen app only works with premium. Having used the mobile web version before, I know the user would be wasting a lot of time waiting for pages to load if they try to enter stats while working out (which is sort of the whole point). I have already used the premium demo. Do you think we could get them to reset the clocks... PLEASE!!

Good Luck everyone.
    Last edited by tedesco; 07-04-10 at 05:13 PM.
    07-04-10 04:49 PM
    I'm curious. How does the tracking work? By putting in #blackberryfitchallenge, is there a database where all those that put this tag at the beginning gets collected?

Good luck to everyone. Finally got the pics put on the gymtechnik site and got the first two workouts logged.
    Last edited by kilted_thrower; 07-04-10 at 05:39 PM.
    07-04-10 05:05 PM
    I'm curious. How does the tracking work? By putting in #blackberryfitchallenge, is there a database where all those that put this tag at the beginning gets collected?
    I'm wondering the same thing too!

07-04-10 05:44 PM
    Kevin, I submitted my photos on my laptop rather than through the mobile app. Is that okay?

And if we do cardiolike activity, does it matter if we log it as a workout or cardio? For example, does it matter if I log in my indoor soccer game as cardio or a workout?
    Last edited by kilted_thrower; 07-04-10 at 06:35 PM.
    07-04-10 06:32 PM
    Kevin, I submitted my photos on my laptop rather than through the mobile app. Is that okay?
    Gee, I hope so. I didn't use the mobile app to upload pics either. I used the normal online account.

07-04-10 06:40 PM
    yeah, uploading through the website is fine. it's one and the same for gym technik... the mobile app is just your extension of the site. all good!
    07-05-10 09:12 AM
    add me to the twitter list..

craig_curtis
    Can't seem to find you. Are you under a diff. name or "hidden"?

Other than you, I've got the list updated!

Check out the Crackberry 60 Day Challenge Twitter List

Keep workin' hard guys!
    07-05-10 09:13 AM
    FYI... I just sent out a Forum PM to all of the usernames on this thread, containing the BBM barcode for our official BB Fitness Group. So if you want to stay in touch via BlackBerry Messenger over the next 60 days, feel free to join. You don't have to if you don't want to!
    07-05-10 09:13 AM
    Hasn't been a great start for me to this thing. July 1st was a Canada BBQ, then had a wedding to go to on Saturday and then we had a 4th of July BBQ yesterday. Lol. Have put in a few workouts, but man oh man I gotta get on the diet asap. Did a good 6am workout this morning, so today is my GO DAY. Now to keep the eating cleaning and kick up the intensity.
    07-05-10 09:16 AM
    Guys and girls, when I need some inspiration I read the below thread thats 100 and something pages long.

I am never fail to be amazed by the transformations on the thread, some people have gone as shedding more than half their weight and some have just found the top gear and look amazing for it.

It just goes to show what is possible with good training and eating.

**Transformations from FAT to FIT** - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Best of luck all!

Lee.
    07-05-10 09:25 AM
    Added the BBM Group. Hope to chat with you all soon!

Good Luck!

Work Hard!
    07-05-10 09:34 AM
    Managed to eat healthy over the weekend. No holiday here for me so no over eating issues. Will keep this week healthy and fit as I prepare for Independence Day on July 10th.
    07-05-10 09:58 AM
    That's why I didn't start until Sunday. We celebrated Saturday for the 4th with a ton of fried and grilled food and a massively long game of beer pong.
    Anyone in Oklahoma City doing the challenge?

Oh! I went to scan the barcode and it just shines the light on it from my calendar. Am I supposed to be pushing anything while it's scanning or what am I doing wrong?
    07-05-10 11:18 AM
222 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD