1. T
    Does my Bold have the capability of recording phone calls? Today I called a friend of mine who lives in another state. In the middle of our call, we both heard a recording (in a female voice) that said, "This call is now being recorded." We both agreed that we would hang up, and I would call him right back. He only has a cheap dumb phone, so it probably wasn't on his end. But the recording we both heard happened in one of the moments when I picked up my Bold to look at the call screen or time or something, and I'm wondering if maybe I inadvertently hit some key combination that activated this feature (if it is a feature). Is there such a feature built into the Bold or into os 6? Or was it something more sinister?
    07-12-11 03:18 PM
    I believe only android has an app that allows you to do this ...
    07-12-11 03:19 PM
    well that's certainly creepy.
    not aware that blackberry can do that...but I've been wrong before. If your friend didn't do that, I'd have it looked into.
    07-12-11 03:22 PM
    No, it was probably his phone. I remember my old LG had that option.
    Some of those dumb phones had basic features that our BB's don't even have. LOL.
    07-12-11 03:25 PM
  5. T
    Thanks, all, for the quick replies. I doubt he has an Android, but he might have an LG. I'll ask him later. It's possible he doesn't even know about the feature, and he was driving, so I suppose he could have inadvertently pushed some button while holding it up against his face. I was using my wired headset.
    07-12-11 03:29 PM
    Don't count out the possibility of him having an Android OS phone. My brother is back home on leave and he picked up some pay-as-you-go LG phone in Korea that's Android. They seriously try to pack Android into any and every phone these days.
    07-12-11 04:08 PM
    Most dumb phones have this function, nokia, sony erricson I know for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 04:10 PM
    Either of you use Google Voice? It has the ability to record calls by pressing a button (I think the 4 button) when you are on the receiving end. It wouldn't matter what type of phone you had.
    07-12-11 04:13 PM
  9. T
    Great thoughts, people -- thank you. I didn't figure he had any type of Android, because I think he's low on dough. But yea, if they can put the os in a cheap device it's entirely possible. And I had no idea all those phones have that capability! As for Google voice, I'm not sure if I have it. Under "Security Status Information" I have "BBFS1 [GTALKNA1] (AES)." What's that mean? I always thought it had something to do with my google talk im app. Is it Google voice?

Last edited by Tnis; 07-12-11 at 04:24 PM.
    07-12-11 04:22 PM
    Under "Security Status Information" I have "BBFS1 [GTALKNA1] (AES)." What's that mean? I always thought it had something to do with my google talk im app. Is it Google talk?

Yes, that's Google Talk.
    07-12-11 04:24 PM
  11. T
    But is it Google voice? I mean, would I know it if I was using google voice?

Last edited by Tnis; 07-12-11 at 04:28 PM.
    07-12-11 04:25 PM
    But is it Google voice? I mean, would I know it if I was using google voice?

It's not Google Voice, just Google Talk.

07-12-11 04:31 PM
  13. T
    Well this has given me a whole lot to go on, and it's calmed me down a bit learning that there are plenty of phones, even low end ones, that can do this. It's entirely possible he did it with his phone and didn't even realize it. Again, I appreciate the help. All thanks buttons pushed!
    07-12-11 04:36 PM
    I had a sony erricson about 2 years ago and it had that feature on it. I never used it but I can see how someone could activate it and not know it.
    07-12-11 10:40 PM
    It seems creepy to me. There is no way you would even be able to really know what it was. *shudder*
    07-12-11 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD