The first anual crackberry roundup! Haha sounds awesome, make sure to dress your crackberry in its finest case and theme. You know I'll do my best to be there. Bring on the crack clan!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 07:02 AM
    This sounds like a fun meet, but unfortunately I can't make it. Take lots of pictures so I can see what you guys really look like.
    09-15-08 07:09 AM
    Any updates?
    As soon as I settle at work I will call a couple of places. I have been on HATECATION all week.
    09-15-08 08:55 AM
    Thanks Cut for checking that information out.
    We can try Dave & Buster..... Good food, drinks, and games.
    [/I]
    Hey guys, long time reader, new BB owner and first time poster de-lurking here....

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but the Dave and Buster's in NYC is relatively tiny and will be PACKED on a Fri. Trust me, I'd love D&B or Dallas, since I live a block away, but really any time on a weekend, you NEED to avoid the touristy areas like Times Sq. Anywhere there will be crazy busy on a Fri night, and expensive, to boot.

And if you really want BBQ, skip the chains like Dallas, go to Daisy May's (11th and 46th). Only open till 10, but my southern born and bred co-worker, who's VERY picky about his BBQ, insists it's the ONLY place for BBQ.

Otherwise I'd recommend a great Irish bar called Lansdowne Road on 10th and 45th, although they're Irish pub/sports bar, so if there's a game on they might be packed. I think they have a private room. Lots of stuff on tap and in bottles, lots of premium of harder drinks, and an amazing Guinness Shepard's Pie.

FWIW,
    Andy (new convert to BB from a Treo, who can't believe he took so long to switch!)
    Last edited by SoundGuyAndy; 09-15-08 at 10:58 PM.
    09-15-08 10:55 PM
    I might be down. Long time reader, infrequent poster. Anyone from central jersey interested in taking the train in?

Pin me....3196202B

09-16-08 02:36 AM
    If you guys are interested in doing a bbq type of venue, I highly recommend going to Johnny Utah's NYC | Splash THEY HAVE A MECH BULL!

25 w 51st under rockefeller center in a former bank vault. And it will hold all of us!

We could also do this club called LOVE. LOVE Nightclub NYC A mix between Discovery Zone and Fragglerock on acid, DJ Craze will be spinning some Drum n Base, and we can all comfortably hang out and chill!

Lets stay away from Times Square, what are we tourists?
    09-16-08 09:59 AM
    If you guys are interested in doing a bbq type of venue, I highly recommend going to Johnny Utah's NYC | Splash THEY HAVE A MECH BULL!

25 w 51st under rockefeller center in a former bank vault. And it will hold all of us!

Lets stay away from Times Square, what are we tourists?

This sounds pretty cool.
    We are not tourist, but please remember Kevin is from Canada and he might not know his way around the city. Thats why I was thinking of something in Times square.
    09-16-08 10:06 AM
    This sounds pretty cool.
    We are not tourist, but please remember Kevin is from Canada and he might not know his way around the city. Thats why I was thinking of something in Times square.
    Kevin is an UBer Crackberry head if the the crackberry god, I hope he would be resourceful enough and have the right apps to locate a restaurant!
    09-16-08 10:19 AM
    Splendid. I'll be in NYC...next week; for two days...for work :-/.

Hope you guys have fun; post pics if this cbpalooza comes into fruition. Spike Kevin's drink or get him into full-disclosure mode somehow...perhaps a Kevin-Boy Genius cage fight w/ Richard Simmons being the guest referee and Nicole Scherzinger as the round-card lady.
    09-16-08 10:45 AM
    Kevin is an UBer Crackberry head if the the crackberry god, I hope he would be resourceful enough and have the right apps to locate a restaurant!

Yeah you have a point. But if we can avoid going all around NYC to just to hang out thats what we trying to do.
    09-16-08 12:24 PM
    D&B or Dallas BBQ would be a perfect place to meet up. I've been there a few times on the weekend and they usually are pretty crowded, perhaps they can reserve some seats, or a section.
    09-16-08 01:04 PM
    D&B or Dallas BBQ would be a perfect place to meet up. I've been there a few times on the weekend and they usually are pretty crowded, perhaps they can reserve some seats, or a section.
    Please no Dave & Busters, that place is nasty, lets show some class Crackberry'ers! Maybe Impress Kevin!
    09-16-08 01:13 PM

We try to reserve but they said NO RESERVES!! Its sucks because this place is really good! I don't if I can go on same day and ask for a table of 30 and just wait for everyone to get their.
    09-16-08 01:14 PM
    Hello all!!!

I just made some calls to restaurants in the Times Sq. area. The following restaurants do not take reservations on Friday nights: Chevy's, Red Lobster, Olive Garden and ESPN Zone.

However, Ruby Tuesday's (212.382.3898) offers preferred seating in which we will be broken up into 5 or 6 different tables depending on the size of the party.

Applebee's (212.391.7414) accepts group reservations in which I was provided the Group Sales #: 212.262.4022.

So, as we all know 9/26 is approaching us VERY SOON and we need to decide on a place, a time, and the number of people who will be attending.
    09-16-08 02:56 PM
    Hello all!!!

I just made some calls to restaurants in the Times Sq. area. The following restaurants do not take reservations on Friday nights: Chevy's, Red Lobster, Olive Garden and ESPN Zone.

However, Ruby Tuesday's (212.382.3898) offers preferred seating in which we will be broken up into 5 or 6 different tables depending on the size of the party.

Applebee's (212.391.7414) accepts group reservations in which I was provided the Group Sales #: 212.262.4022.

So, as we all know 9/26 is approaching us VERY SOON and we need to decide on a place, a time, and the number of people who will be attending.
    Hahaha, oh glam diva you just made my day! Very funny!
    09-16-08 02:59 PM
    Please no Dave & Busters, that place is nasty, lets show some class Crackberry'ers! Maybe Impress Kevin!
    Impress Kevin? We will let you wine and dine him on your own personal time but the rest of us will go out and have fun with Kevin. Agreed?
    Hello all!!!

I will go with any of those options Glam its cool with me.
    Hahaha, oh glam diva you just made my day! Very funny!

What's funny about research did I miss something?
    09-16-08 04:12 PM
    Impress Kevin? We will let you wine and dine him on your own personal time but the rest of us will go out and have fun with Kevin. Agreed?

I will go with any of those options Glam its cool with me.

What's funny about research did I miss something?
    Look all im saying is lets do something thats somewhat original to NYC. If all else fails we can always go to starbucks, dominos, mcdonalds, or any crappy chain. If not, Kevin hit me up after your combo meal, we'll party, and i'll show you whats good in NYC.
    09-16-08 04:30 PM
    And all Im saying is that no one else had a problem with the spots that were chosen except you. The spot you suggested was great but since it is the spot you suggested will they reserve space on a friday night for x amount of people? Do your research. And I understand you would like to show Kevin a great time in the city and I promise you after dinner we can go out to any club your little heart desires and put on an AMERICAN EXPRESS show. But lets at least get our combo meals first!
    09-16-08 05:17 PM
    hmmm, i would like to come, and meet some of ya..
    09-16-08 05:22 PM
    Hey

Looks like there may be a possibility with BBQs in Times Square. I spoke to the party planner and like Cut said, they do not take reservations on Friday nights. However, she said if we called an hour ahead and spoke with a manager there's a possibility they'll be able to accomodate us. If not, we'll just have to go and put our name on the waiting list; that will give us some chill time haha.

Since Kevin and the majority of us are interested in BBQs, I say we go for it!

09-16-08 06:31 PM
    We try to reserve but they said NO RESERVES!! Its sucks because this place is really good! I don't if I can go on same day and ask for a table of 30 and just wait for everyone to get their.
    Hey

Looks like there may be a possibility with BBQs in Times Square. I spoke to the party planner and like Cut said, they do not take reservations on Friday nights. However, she said if we called an hour ahead and spoke with a manager there's a possibility they'll be able to accomodate us. If not, we'll just have to go and put our name on the waiting list; that will give us some chill time haha.

Since Kevin and the majority of us are interested in BBQs, I say we go for it!

Thank you some much!! You beat me to it!! lol
    I knew it was someone would understand what I was saying!!

Thanks for trying to make this happen!!
    09-16-08 06:36 PM
    Hey All,

OK...another option. How do you feel about this place:

Bounce Deuce Downtown NYC Sports Bar and Lounge.

Got an email on Monday from one of our podcast listeners who now lives in Greece (used to be in NYC). His cousins actually own Bounce Deuce Downtown. He called them up, and they'd be able to hook it up that night for us CrackBerry folk and take good care of us.

Sounds like quite a few of the places we were originally thinking won't do reservations, so if these peeps are willing and able that could workout well. But again..I'm not the local! So check it out... yay or nay? Let me know. If we have a fairly solid consensus we can make it happen.

PLUS..Don't forget... this is the starting point of the night. We can always change up locales after. Or vice versa. Start someplace else and end up here. I'm easy!! Just wanna chill with you all.

PS. I stickied this thread for now.
    09-17-08 09:08 AM
    Hey All,

Got an email on Monday from one of our podcast listeners who now lives in Greece (used to be in NYC). His cousins actually own Bounce Deuce Downtown. He called them up, and they'd be able to hook it up that night for us CrackBerry folk and take good care of us.

Sounds like quite a few of the places we were originally thinking won't do reservations, so if these peeps are willing and able that could workout well. But again..I'm not the local! So check it out... yay or nay? Let me know. If we have a fairly solid consensus we can make it happen.

PLUS..Don't forget... this is the starting point of the night. We can always change up locales after. Or vice versa. Start someplace else and end up here. I'm easy!! Just wanna chill with you all.

Ive been here lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    09-17-08 09:21 AM
    That's even better Kevin.
    I'm down!!
    09-17-08 09:37 AM
    Hey All,

Sweet!!! Count me in as well
    09-17-08 09:45 AM
303 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD