I recently read the instructions on how to fix a "nuked" curve. I have a 8310 and I begin by downloading the desktop manager and operating system onto my desktop. I don't run them, I save them in the C: drive. It seems that this is where my main problem lies actually. I did not already have the ability to go further than the Common Files because I do not have Research In Motion or App Loader and this is what it say to do in the instructions I found posted here. I have successfully downloaded Apploader WebSL upgrade into the C: and when I click on it, it starts to download Research In Motion (I know because the file appears in my Common Files temporarily and then it gives me an error message which says "1401. Could not create key. HKEY-USERS\S-1-5-21-1102950328-476947913-2249933841-3914\SOFTWARE\CLASSES Verify sufficient access to key or contact support team." I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING WRONG? I think I may be very close to connecting the dots, but need help. Anyone have any ideas so I can keep trying to finish this myself?
    07-14-09 03:19 PM
    Why don't you install desktop manager 4.6 and then install the os you want. Delete all other installed os. Then go to to my computer, local disc, program files, common files, research in motion, app loader. Delete the vendor xml file. Then double click the app loader icon and let it rip. Make sure desktop manager is not open. Close everything else. If that doesn't work, pull the battery of the phone and plug it in. When it powers on the app loader should start. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD