I dont use my Z10 for security, I use it because it fits my needs.
    Last edited by jason9900; 10-26-14 at 02:41 AM.
    10-20-13 06:37 PM
    Whether they are "after" me or not, what I have on my phone, email, etc is MY business. Moreover, they have no need to see that I've texted a contact named "Mom" about what's for dinner.

Meanwhile, while you typed that....

NSA collects millions of e-mail address books globally - The Washington Post (Yes, they are concerned about HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of people in the threats of terrorism)

And they're not getting personal? Better tell them that. OOPS!

NSA Officers Spy on Love Interests - Washington Wire - WSJ

Former Mexican president? THREAT!

NSA reportedly hacked Mexican president's e-mail account | Politics and Law - CNET News

Innocent until proven guilty? No, no, no

ACLU sues government over use of NSA surveillance in criminal cases - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

Whether I have anything to hide or not, it's none of their damn business who I talk to and what I say if I'm not on a watch list.

I'm not going to get into the NSA, BB debate other than to say out of android, apple and BB, the BB IS the most secure. I have nothing to hide and I'm not some paranoid freak, but there are lines that have been and are being crossed.
    10-20-13 06:53 PM
    The nsa wouldn't know what I eat for breakfast.
    10-20-13 06:55 PM
    I'm not going to get into the NSA, BB debate other than to say out of android, apple and BB, the BB IS the most secure. I have nothing to hide and I'm not some paranoid freak, but there are lines that have been and are being crossed.[/QUOTE]

So are you on BES? Because if not, it really is all the same.
    The Aficionado likes this.
    10-20-13 06:59 PM
    So when someone says, "I will move heaven and earth to do something" do you really think thats what they mean? Its a figure of speech -_-
    10-20-13 07:01 PM
    So are you on BES? Because if not, it really is all the same.
    So when someone says, "I will move heaven and earth to do something" do you really think thats what they mean? Its a figure of speech -_-
    No and the coding is different, there's plenty of threads on here to back that up. It IS more secure overall than the other OSs.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with this debate, but it's actually an idiom not a figure of speech.
    Last edited by donmateo; 10-20-13 at 07:21 PM.
    bibbula likes this.
    10-20-13 07:07 PM
    The NSA is probably laughing at all non-BES BB10 users right now who think they're secure
    10-20-13 07:11 PM
    **** these STASI bastards. The OP is likely being paid by the NSA but he'll never admit it...lol. :-p

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:12 PM
    **** these STASI bastards. The OP is likely being paid by the NSA but he'll never admit it...lol. :-p

Posted via CB10
    Omg how did you know????

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:13 PM
    So, if there is nobody out there after us and the intel we perhaps could provide with our daily life communication, why did the OP write such a huge post?
    10-20-13 07:18 PM
    Whether they are "after" me or not, what I have on my phone, email, etc is MY business. Moreover, they have no need to see that I've texted a contact named "Mom" about what's for dinner.
    It's cute that you chose to address this to CrackBerry.

If you take the time to browse the "Internets", I think you'll find that it's not just BlackBerry users that are concerned about their privacy.

All joking aside, Android, iPhone and WP users are just as concerned... And yes, it IS a concern.

You know what it means to be concerned I assume. It's the not the same as being paranoid, or crazy.
    bibbula likes this.
    10-20-13 07:21 PM
    So, if there is nobody out there after us and the intel we perhaps could provide with our daily life communication, why did the OP write such a huge post?
    That Non BES10 BlackBerry's are just like every other smartphone

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:26 PM
    2)Many of those who brag about security, are also the ones who sideload random .bar files floating around the internet, or download apps with reverse engineered api's from 3rd party developers. This literally opens up a whole new can of worms, and if you participate in this, your better off getting an android for security
    I hope you meant "figuratively," otherwise that'll be quite a mess.

(Sorry, couldn't help myself. Misuse of "literally" is one of my pet peeves. Carry on.)
    10-20-13 07:27 PM
    That Non BES10 BlackBerry's are just like every other smartphone

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and we know. They are just not what we like.
    10-20-13 07:28 PM
    I hope you meant "figuratively," otherwise that'll be quite a mess.

(Sorry, couldn't help myself. Misuse of "literally" is one of my pet peeves. Carry on.)
    Haha oh jeez that's what happens when you write quickly

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:32 PM
    Haha oh jeez that's what happens when you write quickly
    LOL! Seriously, I enjoyed your post. I've been hearing quite a bit around here about how secure BlackBerry is, and of course, I believed it. I mean, you guys should know your own system. So, it's interesting to see that there's a difference between the safe-and-secure enterprise guys, and everybody else. Thanks for enlightening me.
    jason9900 likes this.
    10-20-13 07:35 PM
    It's because of the oft repeated misconception that all BB10 devices are created equal as far as security is concerned. People read about triple DES and AES encryption, and all those articles about how BlackBerries are difficult to hack and approved for high level government use, and believe that their BlackBerry has the same level of security. They don't realize that all that only applies if it's hooked up to a BES10 server.
    Sexy Sadie and jason9900 like this.
    10-20-13 07:36 PM
    It's because of the oft repeated misconception that all BB10 devices are created equal as far as security is concerned. People read about triple DES and AES encryption, and all those articles about how BlackBerries are difficult to hack and approved for high level government use, and believe that their BlackBerry has the same level of security. They don't realize that all that only applies if it's hooked up to a BES10 server.
    You hit the nail on the head. Thank you for understanding my post!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 08:07 PM
    "I hate to break it to you, but you are not that important. Now unless you are some politician or some wanted criminal, the NSA and others are not out to personally get you. You as an individual are not that important to the government, dont kid yourself. Seriously the amount of ignorance and sheer stupidity regarding the NSA scandal and also Google for that matter, around Crackberry is mind boggling."

Thats an attitude a lot of germans had 65 years ago. Now where did that lead?
    10-20-13 08:11 PM
    The OP has got this exactly right. In fact, while I was reading this thread an NSA staffer e-mailed me and told me he is not out to get us. So there you go.
    TgeekB, FRG_RC and bibbula like this.
    10-20-13 08:16 PM
    Seriously Crackberry, I hate to break it to you, but you are not that important. Now unless you are some politician or some wanted criminal, the NSA and others are not out to personally get you. You as an individual are not that important to the government, dont kid yourself. Seriously the amount of ignorance and sheer stupidity regarding the NSA scandal and also Google for that matter, around Crackberry is mind boggling. (This does not apply to everyone, sensible people you know who you are)

Browsing around the forums I always read people saying
    "I choose BlackBerry 10 because I don't want the NSA invading my privacy"
    or
    "I would never go Android, or use Google anything because they sell all of my personal information"

Ok so you really think, that some real life person in the NSA or Google is personally going to snoop through all of your emails and messages you send, just to see if you are a threat to the government? No it does not work like anything close to that. Google and the NSA use a set of algorithms to detect your habits as a consumer or to see if you are engaging in any suspicious behavior. So no, there is no spy from the NSA or Google personally snooping through all of your emails you send to mom about last weeks Thanksgiving dinner with Gran, it is a computer program that 99 times out of 100 wont even care about what you do. As an individual, the government and Google will not dedicate that amount of resources spying on you.

Ok, so you dont even like what I mentioned above. You dont like that a set of algorithms is monitoring you, fair enough. But dont brag about how secure BB10 is and security is the reason why you choose BB10. Honestly I am betting majority of you on Crackberry is not on BES10 and are just regular consumers. Here are the facts

1) Unless you are on BES 10, your phone is just about as secure as any android or ios device (I whole heartedly admit if you are on BES10 this thread wont even apply to you as it is extremely secure) After they got rid of BIS your consumer BB10 device does not have any special security features over the competition

2)Many of those who brag about security, are also the ones who sideload random .bar files floating around the internet, or download apps with reverse engineered api's from 3rd party developers. This literally opens up a whole new can of worms, and if you participate in this, your better off getting an android for security

3)Like mentioned in bullet one, unless you are on BES, the NSA still has access to your stuff. And no matter how much you try to hide your info, if the NSA wanted to, they can retrieve everything about you. Even what you ate for breakfast yesterday, but don't worry, you are not that important.

Also on a side note, realize the fact you are a dying minority. If consumers really were as paranoid as some of you on Crackberry are, then BlackBerry would still be #1 for its amazing "security" but thats simply not the case. So stop saying BlackBerry 10 is secure (again except for those on BES10), when really its all the same as everyone else.

Edward Snowden, is that you?
    Dinner's ready, now go wash your hands.
    jafrul and fragment137 like this.
    10-20-13 08:18 PM
    Which is why I choose to tunnel my internet traffic through a double VPN and wrap it in Tor.

Just glad my company chose BES10.
    tempered likes this.
    10-20-13 08:20 PM
    The OP has got this exactly right. In fact, while I was reading this thread an NSA staffer e-mailed me and told me he is not out to get us. So there you go.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    Let me have his email address so I can thank the staffer.
    kbz1960 and danprown like this.
    10-20-13 08:21 PM
    You hit the nail on the head. Thank you for understanding my post!

Posted via CB10
    The sad part about your post has nothing to do with BlackBerry... It's about privacy.

You minimize the importance of privacy to the individual and relate it to BlackBerry when in fact it's relevant to everyone, regardless of their choice of cell phone... If your goal was to bring BlackBerry users down to the same level as Android or iPhone, then I agree...

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water... Privacy is a huge concern, one that's ongoing. And considering that BlackBerry may be a distant memory in a year or two, it's a concern that goes beyond this company.
    danprown likes this.
    10-20-13 08:23 PM
    Seriously Crackberry, I hate to break it to you, but you are not that important. Now unless you are some politician or some wanted criminal, the NSA and others are not out to personally get you. You as an individual are not that important to the government, dont kid yourself. Seriously the amount of ignorance and sheer stupidity regarding the NSA scandal and also Google for that matter, around Crackberry is mind boggling. (This does not apply to everyone, sensible people you know who you are)

Browsing around the forums I always read people saying
    "I choose BlackBerry 10 because I don't want the NSA invading my privacy"
    or
    "I would never go Android, or use Google anything because they sell all of my personal information"

Ok so you really think, that some real life person in the NSA or Google is personally going to snoop through all of your emails and messages you send, just to see if you are a threat to the government? No it does not work like anything close to that. Google and the NSA use a set of algorithms to detect your habits as a consumer or to see if you are engaging in any suspicious behavior. So no, there is no spy from the NSA or Google personally snooping through all of your emails you send to mom about last weeks Thanksgiving dinner with Gran, it is a computer program that 99 times out of 100 wont even care about what you do. As an individual, the government and Google will not dedicate that amount of resources spying on you.

Ok, so you dont even like what I mentioned above. You dont like that a set of algorithms is monitoring you, fair enough. But dont brag about how secure BB10 is and security is the reason why you choose BB10. Honestly I am betting majority of you on Crackberry is not on BES10 and are just regular consumers. Here are the facts

1) Unless you are on BES 10, your phone is just about as secure as any android or ios device (I whole heartedly admit if you are on BES10 this thread wont even apply to you as it is extremely secure) After they got rid of BIS your consumer BB10 device does not have any special security features over the competition

3)Like mentioned in bullet one, unless you are on BES, the NSA still has access to your stuff. And no matter how much you try to hide your info, if the NSA wanted to, they can retrieve everything about you. Even what you ate for breakfast yesterday, but don't worry, you are not that important.

Also on a side note, realize the fact you are a dying minority. If consumers really were as paranoid as some of you on Crackberry are, then BlackBerry would still be #1 for its amazing "security" but thats simply not the case. So stop saying BlackBerry 10 is secure (again except for those on BES10), when really its all the same as everyone else.

I'm not from the USA, but when I read that NSA intercepts all incoming messages that are not American origin, that matters to me. If they say they are not tracking Americans, but all incoming transmissions from outside of America are tracked, is that not a double standard to the so called "right to privacy"? What I do, whom I communicate, and what were its contents are not supposed to be made public (unless it is made public), and here's a government agency that says "yeah, we'll monitor stuffs that comes into our country".

I think Americans may not pay much attention to this, but for me as a government official that deals with governmental documents, it raises a red flag for us.
    jafrul likes this.
    10-20-13 08:26 PM
87 123 ...