With Android 6, etc, the heating is resolved. Mine will heat up only if downloading multiple app updates or a new version of Android - and I'm not normally holding it at that point.

I'm regularly getting > 1 day on a charge also.

There are excellent threads on Crackberry that help tune the battery life - like turning adaptive display off.
    The heat problem is not completely solve, especially when you play some action games.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 08:35 AM
    Your richer than us in north America! There are real bargain! Wait and look also for the Dtek fire sale it could be soon. If you interest too.

Just for information: what do you mean by long term contract?

Here it is only a 24 moths.
    The monthly mobile fee are lowest I guess in Europe
    Just for exemple for this device I've got to sign a 24 month contract, at 0$ tab fee, monthly paiment are 70$ with my province no call fee any time, text unlimited too, and 7 gig shareable data plan. My girlfriend use less than 2 gig a month so I have 5gig a month.

Posted via CB10
    "24 months" is a long-term contract here in Europe. I personally prefer a contract with possible ending within next 4 weeks/1 month. About $15 for all net flatrate and 3GB/month. Then I could buy/upgrade to any phone every time I want. Since I got an iPhone as company mobile phone, I don't really need to upgrade this one.

But Passport SE and KEYone are really good designed. Still very steep price though.

Posted through my  Z30
    03-01-17 09:05 AM
    "24 months" is a long-term contract here in Europe. I personally prefer a contract with possible ending within next 4 weeks/1 month. About $15 for all net flatrate and 3GB/month. Then I could buy/upgrade to any phone every time I want. Since I got an iPhone as company mobile phone, I don't really need to upgrade this one.

But Passport SE and KEYone are really good designed. Still very steep price though.

Posted through my  Z30
    Unbelievable! An iphone as a company phone!

They do those things here too! Give recently iphone 5s as company phone(unsolded model) instead of a passport! IOMG! Iphone 5 génération not quite good! 5c was junk the 5 was near OK but have insufficient battery life. The 5s is better but was sweeper by the Iphone 6 lauch. So there are many unsold unit stock somewhere may they buried a few thousands... somewhere in their account book, who now?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 09:20 AM

They do those things here too! Give recently iphone 5s as company phone(unsolded model) instead of a passport! IOMG! Iphone 5 génération not quite good! 5c was junk the 5 was near OK but have insufficient battery life. The 5s is better but was sweeper by the Iphone 6 lauch. So they many unsold unit stock somewhere may they buried a few thousands... who now?

Posted via CB10
    Well I use it as a business phone and I must say it is quite convenient. Passport as a business phone would mean that I would miss some apps for train/bus/taxi tickets since I don't find it in BBW. Sideload the Android version is a way, but I don't find it very amusing to do it every time there's an update.

I think Apple has produced a lot of iPhones so the production cost must have been a bargain. So the price for the old versions has to be somehow better for companies.
    03-01-17 09:28 AM
    Many of the selling points of the KEYone make the PRIV seem as appealing as ever. Although it may run some apps slightly slower, it has all the same features or better (minus Android 7), including the keyboard shortcuts. The big push for KEYone is battery life and a 'professional' device...the irony is if you use a PRIV primarily for email (and anything other than games) chances are you will still have excellent battery life and experience almost no heat issues. So although the upgrades via KEYone are great...I think the PRIV is still an excellent buy for the money.
    03-01-17 09:45 AM
    The heat problem is not completely solve, especially when you play some action games.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough. I don't play games at all. I read books instead.
    03-01-17 09:50 AM
    May be you better buy your phone on amazon or ebay
    Ex:
    NO LOGO BRAND NEW BlackBerry Priv - 32GB Factory Worldwide Unlocked Smartphone | eBay
    But you have to check with your carrier which band/frequencies they use.
    You can look at it usually on there site by searching band or frequencies in support section.
    Than after that searching for which submodel will be the good one.
    Here are references:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ncies-1043968/
    This should be a stv-2 or stv-4

This could be cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    Nah, the cheapest price I found on Amazon was 420€, on eBay 480€. I can get either the European or Italian version for 330€, so it's a no-brainer for me, there are no frequencies issues (stv-2 and 4, as you pointed out, work).
    Fs Laflamme likes this.
    03-01-17 11:03 AM

They do those things here too! Give recently iphone 5s as company phone(unsolded model) instead of a passport! IOMG! Iphone 5 génération not quite good! 5c was junk the 5 was near OK but have insufficient battery life. The 5s is better but was sweeper by the Iphone 6 lauch. So there are many unsold unit stock somewhere may they buried a few thousands... somewhere in their account book, who now?

Posted via CB10
    Well, iPhones or Samsungs are the most frequent phones you can be assigned.
    03-01-17 11:05 AM
    Rather, the perfect time to buy a DTEK60, unless you REALLY need a keyboard, the DTEK60 is the best BB around.
    03-01-17 01:09 PM
    "Now's the perfect time to buy the Priv?"

I'd personally choose a Passport, but that's just me.
    03-01-17 06:06 PM
35 12