I used to be able to click the "messages" icon and see all messages sent and received.

Suddenly this evening messages I send are not confirmed there, not there at all.

What causes this?

I'm with Alltel, that seems to cause a lot of strange things.

And now I'm seeing that received messages are not even showing up.

No, I am not at a limit; I have unlimited texting. wtf??
    Last edited by frisco; 12-30-08 at 06:43 PM.
    12-30-08 06:39 PM
    try the good old battery pull and try checking your settings on where you can view your sms and etc?
    12-30-08 06:56 PM
    it could be a memory issue. i am having this with the 8830 we and from what i am told it is a BIG issue with the pearl.
    12-31-08 11:31 AM
    This is a memory issue. Go to options>status and tell me what the file free number is. This number needs to stay above 1000000 or it will delete things to free up memory. It should be kept about 12-15mb for optimum performance. To gain more free memory follow this guide.http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ Also set you messages to keep no more than 30 days. Save ones you may need but don't just keep hundreds of texts or you will see this again.
    12-31-08 11:43 AM
    Yes it is a memory issue with the pearl. If you go into settings > status I'm pretty sure your available/free memory will be 0. Just delete useless apps and make sure to empty your browser cache

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 11:52 AM
    it doesnt have to be on 0 memory free for it to delete stuff. i have had mine do it on 10 mb free.
    12-31-08 11:53 AM
    The curve may be having a different issue the pearl. I know mine and my ex's had this issue and it was due to 0 free memory. Since finding this out back in may, I haven't had it happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 12:27 PM
    This is rediculous. I have the pearl, and i have had the same problem. One of my friends was getting worried about me because i wasn't getting his messages. My free memory is 12mb. I still can't see my sent SMS texts.
    01-28-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD