I wonder if those having issues have something in common

Posted via CB10
    klubbkidd likes this.
    11-02-13 02:30 PM
    Question : I know iPhone is pulled email. Is xbbm pushed or need pulled? Or is there a setting needed to get it almost instantly like active Sync?

Posted via CB10
    There are push email services that work on iPhone. But this is a different situation. From what I see xBBM uses Apple's push notification service for notifications and its own proprietary protocol for sending/receiving messages and updates.
    11-02-13 02:34 PM
    I wonder if those having issues have something in common

Posted via CB10
    Yup... like maybe they're all successful professionals who are expected to perform on a daily basis... and expect the same in others... and don't usually have the time to start new posts... because they're busy making things happen?
    Last edited by elite1; 11-02-13 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Removed post from quote
    11-02-13 02:37 PM
    What? :s u read wayyy too much Into my comment, I'm just wondering if they happen to have some things in common that are causing the problems,

This thread won't go anywhere, I'm done
    Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 02:46 PM
    What? :s u read wayyy too much Into my comment, I'm just wondering if they happen to have some things in common that are causing the problems,

This thread won't go anywhere, I'm done
    Posted via CB10
    Yup... sorry... I may be a little punchy today partly because yesterday I got one of my clients to enlist their whole office into using BBM for communicating with me. And now, finding it is not reliable is a huge embarassment.

You do ask a good question... and I wonder if there is something different in some cases...
    Last edited by elite1; 11-02-13 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Removed post from quote
    bobauckland likes this.
    11-02-13 02:53 PM
    I'm sorry geek but I'm now questioning your validity in this thread. You stated you've been waiting up to 2 days to receive or have messages delivered which indicates this has been a problem for at a least a few days now. Then in this last post you state that you got a whole firm you deal with for business to switch their messaging to BBM only yesterday. If you were in fact having issues with BBMX, then why on earth would you have recommended the whole office to switch over? I'm not calling you out, per se, but I am curious as to the logic of that last "business" decision/action you say you took.
    11-02-13 03:10 PM
    I'm sorry geek but I'm now questioning your validity in this thread. You stated you've been waiting up to 2 days to receive or have messages delivered which indicates this has been a problem for at a least a few days now. Then in this last post you state that you got a whole firm you deal with for business to switch their messaging to BBM only yesterday. If you were in fact having issues with BBMX, then why on earth would you have recommended the whole office to switch over? I'm not calling you out, per se, but I am curious as to the logic of that last "business" decision/action you say you took.
    Regardless of whether his particular instance has validity or not, this IS a real issue. Do some searching here and in other forums. It's pretty well documented, and fairly wide-spread. You can attack his sincerity, but that doesn't change the fact that its happening for a LOT of users. Myself included.
    11-02-13 03:21 PM
    Regardless of whether his particular instance has validity or not, this IS a real issue. Do some searching here and in other forums. It's pretty well documented, and fairly wide-spread. You can attack his sincerity, but that doesn't change the fact that its happening for a LOT of users. Myself included.
    I didn't call into question the issue, just his statements. That's all. Not trying to be a **ck, just ask questions when I read an inconsistency.
    acovey likes this.
    11-02-13 03:25 PM
    Would strongly suggest collating all issues into http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=864125
    So it's easier to keep track of people having issues and hopefully for BlackBerry to take notice.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 03:38 PM
    I have had no problems with reliability even talking to cross platform buddies and I am using BBM beta on a legacy device.
    Jimcmf likes this.
    11-02-13 04:01 PM
    BlackBerry amazes me. After all these missteps, they still don't understand what perception of customers means. Put out buggy stuff and people run away and dismiss you from their minds. Never to consider you again.

There are lots of less buggy options.

Posted via CB10
    dazzleaj and richardat like this.
    11-02-13 04:07 PM
    Hmmm i dont have any of those issues with my friends from cross platform
    cman5 and irweezyy like this.
    11-02-13 04:36 PM
    It's solid for me and my iPhone users. Must only be you. O well too bad.

Everyone else that I spoke with is very pleased with it. Maybe there is some problem with their iPhones being Hacked. I hear that the iPhone platform can be easily compromised. EVEN BY CHILDREN. careful. You are best to stick with BlackBerry. I strongly suggest the Z30. Best phone. Amazing battery power.

Jimmyboy
    Last edited by Jimcmf; 11-02-13 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Ben1232 and cman5 like this.
    11-02-13 04:38 PM
    I have been using BB since 2004 and loved everyone I had. I now have the Z10 and truly disappointed with their app portfolio. Productivity is important, but folks use their phones now to manage every aspect of their personal lives also. I believe that this the reason so many 10's were returned after initial launch. If BB doesn't pick up their app game, this will be my last.
    11-02-13 05:37 PM
    I have been using BB since 2004 and loved everyone I had. I now have the Z10 and truly disappointed with their app portfolio. Productivity is important, but folks use their phones now to manage every aspect of their personal lives also. I believe that this the reason so many 10's were returned after initial launch. If BB doesn't pick up their app game, this will be my last.
    what about trying to sideload apps? it isn't difficult; a guide is here: Sideloading Guide - BB10 Bars

Apps can be found at Popular Apps - BB10 Bars

I have loads of apps on my BB10 phone that usually run on Android including Netflix and the apps work well.
    11-02-13 05:45 PM
    Another doom and gloom worthless post. Blackberry is not going anywhere regardless what you may think. Go to android or ios since you seem to be such a die hard but don't understand what's really going on..
    dazzleaj likes this.
    11-02-13 05:48 PM
    To clarify my issue. Firstly the 2 day delay was the maximum I've encountered. That happened several days ago with my daughter...and at the time I attributed it to a singular glitch, especially since she was traveling in an area with poor coverage.

It was not until last night and today when I realized this was a real recurring problem. And while I haven't run the actual numbers, my guess us that about 20 percent of my messages are delayed up to 20 minutes.

I've also learned that incoming are often delayed too.

As others have noted, BlackBerry just doesn't get it anymore...this us not acceptable and users will not tolerate it.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:50 PM
    BlackBerry amazes me. After all these missteps, they still don't understand what perception of customers means. Put out buggy stuff and people run away and dismiss you from their minds. Never to consider you again.

There are lots of less buggy options.

Posted via CB10

No bugs in ios right...Here is on for ya shall i show you more?
    Now it really is time to panic...-image.png
    11-02-13 05:52 PM
    I have one iPhone friend who is using BBM successfully and a few Android BBM'ers. No reports of slow delivery or anything. As for a time to panic, if my journey with BBRY has taught me anything it is to never jump to conclusions because they always tend to deliver....just not on time. So I would suggest patience until the doors get locked for good. I am waiting for my Z30 on T-MO(if it happens) if not then I will grap 2 Q10's and head for the hills.
    cman5 likes this.
    11-02-13 06:06 PM
    Further...BBM was kind of a Hail Mary...and if it doesn't work...NOW...it is too late...that's pretty basic and worth starting a thread over.
    Only if we take the position that there should be zero issues on the first go-around of a multi-platform app.
    11-02-13 06:07 PM
    Firstly, I am a died in the wool BlackBerry fan...have been since 2002...paid full price in cash for PlayBook (which turned out to be disappointment) and full price in cash for my current Z10...which I LOVE... but now I truly believe BlackBerry Will not make it...which saddens me.

Here's why...

...BBM is not reliable across platforms. Most around me are on iPhones. I couldn't wait to get them on BBM so they can communicate with me when I travel. They have now done so. And, we've used it enough to discover that messages are not reliably delivered to iPhone on BBM. It often works, but also the is often delay of as much as 2 days before delivery.

This is a deal breaker. Reliability is fundamental and without that we are doomed.

Very sad...

Posted via CB10
    Guess you didn't read Blackberry's memo... Real Time message delivery is a feature. Coming soon....
    richardat likes this.
    11-02-13 06:39 PM
    Seriously doubt you're "dead in the wool"!! IT'S "DYED IN THE WOOL"... HOMONYMS, HOMONYMS ......
    11-02-13 06:59 PM
    Really? Is that serious?

Release a messaging app that doesn't work in real time?

If BlackBerry knowingly did that then it's even worse than I thought!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 07:00 PM
    I have a bunch of friends on android, and have had zero problems with reliability thus far.

If I run into it on IOS I'll post here, but thus far my friend count with IOS devices and BBM is either zero or close to it -- and I've not seen any problems with reliability.
    11-02-13 07:19 PM
    I have added 14 users who use iPhone and talk to them all quite often. Not a SINGLE missed message. The experience has been very positive on both ends. I would guess that this is the norm, not what everyone else here is experiencing. I have had NUMEROUS problems with straight up texting, and have observed my girlfriend have problems with iMessage to iMessage.
    web99 likes this.
    11-02-13 07:34 PM
182 1234 ...