Just read this

Smartphones 'target for hackers' - Yahoo!

One day folk will wise up to the security issue.
    Torch and PlayBook likes this.
    08-09-11 05:46 AM
    Makes me glad I have the most secure phone on the market. Then again, as a 17 year old with no job, what do I have besides my contacts that I don't want hackers to have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    brucep1 likes this.
    08-09-11 07:27 AM
    Makes me glad I have the most secure phone on the market. Then again, as a 17 year old with no job, what do I have besides my contacts that I don't want hackers to have.

Your identity. You will be surprised one day to find out you already have a credit card and it's maxed out.
    08-09-11 07:42 AM
    Your identity. You will be surprised one day to find out you already have a credit card and it's maxed out.
    I make sure to leave those things hidden from view. One is practically lost in the house! :P

08-09-11 09:23 AM
    My wife will eventually be hacked. Her iPhone is glued to her hand and she is clueless about security.
    08-09-11 01:24 PM
    Well how would they get it from my blackberry?

08-09-11 03:59 PM
    I'd rather take my chances.
    08-09-11 04:03 PM
    I'd rather take my chances.
    I second that emotion.

Yes, Verizon 4G is really that fast!
    08-09-11 04:05 PM
    The percent of people who will actually be 'hacked' is about a fraction of one percent. Plus, those who do get 'hacked' are typically a little more on the naive side; the ones who click on things and open things that would usually be a red flag to most others.
    08-09-11 04:24 PM
    Can the way in be through apps?
    08-09-11 04:36 PM
    Can the way in be through apps?
    Yes, it can be. Android is more susceptible to this as they do not review apps before putting them on the Android Market, Apple reviews all apps quite extensively so it would be hard for that to happen for iOS devices. As far as BlackBerry App World, I'm not entirely sure though.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    08-09-11 04:38 PM
    I posted a theme on app world a week ago and still have not heard anything. I would hope that means they are reviewing (slowly) everything that goes thru app world.
    08-10-11 01:04 AM
    While not on a smart phone, my wireless pc network got hacked into many years ago. Despite having some security protocols enabled, the hackers still got through and my investigators were never able to find them. The hackers started with little purchases, then began increasing their purchases to high-priced plane tickets. It was a complete nightmare!

Ever since then, I took security much more seriously and began to secure all communications. It's one of the main reasons I choose a Blackberry as an ideal smart phone. When I see an iphone or android, it reminds me of my old, wireless network, plump and ready for the taking.

Security is no laughing matter. Take my word and experience on it.

08-10-11 01:32 AM
    I love the ones who will say that security doesn't matter and that the consumer doesn't care. I like BB because it is the most inherently secure platform out there. If folks choose to discuss the improbability of being hacked.....well, that's fine. I'll keep my BB.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    08-10-11 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD