Yes, blackberry has that too you know, smrtguard is one.

What will you do if the thief takes your sim card out though? I imagine that's the first thing they would do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    iPhone also has the function to wipe the phone with failed password attempts.
    01-21-11 08:52 PM
    Good enough reason for the adults bub.
    WTF does this mean? Only children use iPhones?
    01-21-11 09:01 PM
    Top 10 Paid iPhone Apps of All Time

1. Doodle Jump
    2. Tap Tap Revenge 3
    3. Pocket God
    4. Angry Birds
    5. Tap Tap Revenge 2.6
    6. Bejeweled 2 + Blitz
    7. Traffic Rush
    8. Tap Tap Revenge Classic
    9. AppBox Pro Alarm
    10. Flight Control

From BGR
    have you taken a look at the blackberry top10? it's not any better two FB chats, doodle jump. flashlight, muncher game, youtube and some photo apps...

so much for being a business phone.
    K Bear likes this.
    01-21-11 09:43 PM
    Good enough reason for the adults bub.
    ...Any good?
    01-21-11 10:28 PM
    i have never seen so many "liked" posts in one thread ever! hahahah this is very entertaining!
    01-21-11 11:25 PM
    Just don't be defensive :-). I am a BB fan.
    Last time. Once again you missed it. I do not question if a xls file can be opened on an iphone. I'm asking can it w/ out installing software? None. 0. Not a single iphone that I have bought for my wife. That will be tbe 2g-ip4 has came with a ms doc suiet of apps. Meaning it can't open xls. Doc. Ppts. With out installing the software. Yall are saying that it can. Aight fair enough I want to try it out. I want to see if the os is coded to open a ms. File extention. I'm asking how to transfer this file to her device without installing software? Again this is so simple. I'm not being defenceive nor agruementive. You actually beable to teach me something. Since this is so hard for you to grasp this idea of mine I will gibe you an example using my BB 9800 and you tell me how you would go about it with an iphone it does not matter which version of 2g, 3g, 3gs, ip4. Only limit is do it without installing any apps on it. Do it with what it came with. Wifi is going to have to be ad hoc cause I don't habe a wifi network. Aight here it goes.
    I wanna see if my Tourch will open a xls file. On my laptop I send it to bluetooth to my Tourch. After transfer on my Tourch I open apps folder open filemanger open files find xls file open. Vola. 2nd choice plug Torch to laptop with usb. Copy file to usb drive. Disconnect go to apps folder go to sheets to go open file vola. I can go to sheets to go anyime or file manger or just explore inside media and click the file. Its a no brainer.
    I know that the iphone can open an xls file if it has the software. I just don't know of any iphones comeing with abilty. I'm saying I will not own a iphone cause my BB does what I want and what I need it to.
    What's wrong with tje media player on the BB? I'm missing something here. I think BB can play as many if not more media files as the iphone/ipod/ipad. You have almost the same options. Shuffle, track at once. You can skip. The big one "play". I mean you hear the music what else is there to do? Aight last time. The iphone has a bigger screen. I sure would like to have a bigger screen. Oh well I don't have one. Movies look great on my blackberries. I've been watching movies on my BBs since 8310 so my 9700 and 9800 is real treats.

01-21-11 11:56 PM
    I believe watching a movie on the iP4 would beat your Torch hands down, 13echo4. And also is it so important to be able to have a phone which can open .xls files out of the box? Whenever I get a new phone I spend a good amount of time on it learning how the OS works, customizing it, downloading apps I need etc. Going to the apps store to download an app to read .xls file takes about as much effort as lifting a finger.
    01-22-11 01:11 AM
    I believe watching a movie on the iP4 would beat your Torch hands down, 13echo4. And also is it so important to be able to have a phone which can open .xls files out of the box? Whenever I get a new phone I spend a good amount of time on it learning how the OS works, customizing it, downloading apps I need etc. Going to the apps store to download an app to read .xls file takes about as much effort as lifting a finger.
    I'm sorry I don't see watching the movie on the ip4 beating my Torch hands down. I'm watching The_Town right now on my wife's ip4 and my Torch at the same time side by side. Oh I would like to have a 57" screen but other than the size of the screen looks the same. I put the file on my psp and started watching it there. Hehe my son is watching it in his room on my daughter's ipad.
    Yes it is inportant to "me" that my BB came with the tools that I use. Thats out of the way. Nothing to configure. Now just a device swap and vola. See now when I install a new os release I don't have to worry about getting xls again cause its in the base. If you have to go dl all your apps if something happens you have to reinstall. What is so hard to grasp I like this fact? Yall like the hd res on the ip4. I don't see anything special about it. But yall like it I can live w/ out it. I like my office tools yall don't care. So if its not clear yet my mind is made up I will not own an iphone with intention of using. I have to say that cause I actually own an iphone 3g. I bought it to test. Jailbroke it, played around got bored put it in my bag. Its simple don't over think this.

01-22-11 02:35 AM
    Well I'm on CDMA, so no SIM for me. Obviously they wouldn't be able to use it on BIS because it'd be reported stolen. But I get where you are going with it. But in theory unless you locked your phone on a BB, a thief could do the same thing.
    Anybody that doesn't password lock their blackberry they deserve it
    One other thing you can do on a blackberry is encryption, enable that and your data can only be viewed on that particular blackberry, memory card and all, even the Desktop Manager can't read it.

01-22-11 02:43 AM
    Anybody that doesn't password lock their blackberry they deserve it
    One other thing you can do on a blackberry is encryption, enable that and your data can only be viewed on that particular blackberry, memory card and all, even the Desktop Manager can't read it.

This depends on what key you chose to use. If you use the device
    To make up a key then you csn only see it on that device. Ifnyou select your password for key then you can see it where ever after the device opens it.

01-22-11 03:21 AM
    This depends on what key you chose to use. If you use the device
    To make up a key then you csn only see it on that device. Ifnyou select your password for key then you can see it where ever after the device opens it.

That I did not know, I must try it, thanks.

01-22-11 04:17 AM
    Whoa there on the language angry iPhone guy. There are a lot of children on this thread.
    01-22-11 04:38 AM
    Whoa there on the language angry iPhone guy. There are a lot of children on this thread.
    Last thing we want is them to start throwing their iphones out of the prams lol

01-22-11 04:59 AM
    LI'm asking can it w/ out installing software?
    You are really persistent, aren't you :-).
    You are right back to the square one, the original question, then going all over the places, including a media card.
    In order not to further drag and contaminate this thread, I just give you a simple answer and digress to other more interesting threads.

iPhone can open, view and read the M$ Office files right out of the box without needing any 3rd party apps, period.
    However, it cannot "edit" them without 3rd party apps such as QuickOffice or Document to Go etc.

Hope you can enjoy your BB. It's a good device.
    01-22-11 06:31 AM
    Maybe there is a "Soother App". Plays a Steve Jobs narrated bedtime story. I would think a rubber case would be needed with a nipple on the end.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 01-22-11 at 07:06 AM.
    Ferretling likes this.
    01-22-11 07:04 AM
    Maybe there is a "Soother App". Plays a Steve Jobs narrated bedtime story. I would think a rubber case would be needed with a nipple on the end.
    Ha ha, fake boob case and app for iphone lol

01-22-11 07:22 AM
    +1 Best post yet.
    01-22-11 08:44 AM
    Can dropbox transfer doc file to the device. I just thought you could view doc type files that where in your dropbox on your pc. I thought only media files could actually be transfered. Ill check this out. Thanks for the tip

I don't understand the issue. I use bluetooth to transfer files between my phone and computer, I don't need a stinking app to do that. Yes, it has some limitations, but it's out of the box.
    01-22-11 08:50 AM
    Obviously it would have to be a more inside job, but there are smart hackers, and dumber people in which case they could easily pretend to say act like they could reset your phones. I'm just throwing stuff to the lowest common denominator that people could do.

Almost no system is 100% safe, but BB is pretty damn good... Just presenting arguments in the most common of situations amongst consumers. I won't count BES as most peoples policies will have stronger encryption then say a storm user who just wanted a iphone like device and doesn't lock it. And yes there are a lot of those people out there.
    This is an answer that makes a lot of sense.

Given enough resources, time, computing power and anonymity, any computer system designed by us humans can be broken/hacked by other humans. I think it's safe to say Blackberry software is included in that subset of software designed by humans, as well as the following: droid, apple, nuclear plants, military facilities, government installations, your cable box, printer, refrigerator, etc.
    01-22-11 08:57 AM
    This is an answer that makes a lot of sense.

Given enough resources, time, computing power and anonymity, any computer system designed by us humans can be broken/hacked by other humans. I think it's safe to say Blackberry software is included in that subset of software designed by humans, as well as the following: droid, apple, nuclear plants, military facilities, government installations, your cable box, printer, refrigerator, etc.
    That's true but when bis blackberry is beyond uae, india, pakistan's capabilities to hack it you know it's as safe as it can be.

01-22-11 09:07 AM
    I don't understand the issue. I use bluetooth to transfer files between my phone and computer, I don't need a stinking app to do that. Yes, it has some limitations, but it's out of the box.
    You can BT files between your iphone and pc? Please tell me how. This sure would make life so much easier for my wife.
    Xanadome are you smokeing something? When did I say something about a media card? When did I go anywhere other than transfer doc. Files between the iphone and another device and the iphone opening it. This was the 1st time you gave a straight answer. Although only to 1 question. I still have to find a way to get the files to the phone. But don't worry yourself over it aight? Ill figure it out myself. And yes I'm very persistant.
    Computer power isn't an issue in hacking anything. All it has to do is beable to excute the code. What is inportant is knowing the platform that said box is running. Haveing the daemons that will connect to its daemons. Haveing an understanding of the exploits/weakness of the system is the key. The person actually getting into the system doesn't have to know anything other than how to excute the script that someone else wrote for that exploit. Just for example motorola phones had became exploited and a nice gui ware had been written and free to mod your motorola phones. This ware would even give you the password. It didn't matter if the phone was locked. I know the iphone is exploited I don't know about rim. I'm Not Saying It Isn't. Before any body drops their wigs.
    Last edited by 13echo4; 01-22-11 at 10:54 AM.
    01-22-11 10:34 AM
    One of the things about BlackBerry development is the secure process they have in place for using device APIs. You have to get a signing key to have access to certain parts of the API. So, if you create malicious applications, you have to sign them. RIM knows who you are then, and can deactivate the keys (the app that is created won't be affected, but keeps them from creating more).

Just look at Kik. They didn't create anything malicious, but RIM revoked their signing keys - no more Kik for BlackBerry.

It doesn't mean a malicious app couldn't get created, but it does put a deterrent in place for those who are thinking of creating such apps.
    01-22-11 11:35 AM
    I don't have an iPhone BB guy. I just found your statement to be completely ignorant.

I'm sure that children have seen worse than the three letters "w,t and f" put together. And if they know what it means, that is not my problem, it is their parent fault.
    01-22-11 01:30 PM

You know I don't own an iPhone.

So now are you going to call Apple/Iphone users babies?

This is funny.
    01-22-11 01:33 PM
    You know I don't own an iPhone.

So now are you going to call Apple/Iphone users babies?

This is funny.
    Umm, I actually think you just did.
    01-22-11 01:38 PM
189 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD