Hey all,

I've been on the Pearl 8100 for 1.5 years now, and my T-Mobile contract isn't up until August. I desperately want to purchase a Bold now -- I figure in 6 months if I want 3G I can head over to AT&T, or whatever carrier and get the best contract price on another phone if something I like better comes out (BlackBerry....also keeping an eye on the Android platform). I may want 3G so I don't want to hold out for the Javelin, and don't really want to be locked into another contract yet until I know more what 2009 will look like for BB.

So before I commit - I'm wondering if now is a good time to invest in a Bold, or if I should hold off for a few months? (but if I hold off and THEN buy, I may miss out on something else soon after). I hate the pace that technology advances at - right after I bought my Pearl, the curve came out as well as newer versions of the Pearl (at least I get my BlingBall!) - so I don't want to jump on this too late.
    12-24-08 08:15 AM
    Something new is always coming out... The longer you wait to buy your Bold the sooner it'll be for a new phone to take its place. Buy it now and enjoy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 08:26 AM
    Yea I know...I think I just need someone to push me over the edge. Picking up an unlocked Rogers Bold for under $500 seems to be a pretty reasonable solution for 2009 I think, then be free of contracts after Aug. to pick up whatever for 2010. No contract is the only thing preventing me from waiting for the Javelin -- because I wouldn't be able to get the full discount until Aug anyway (too late for me to feel comfortable going into a 2 year contract), eBay prices would take a little time to fall.
    12-24-08 09:48 AM
    I pretty much agree with fightclub.

If your situation is that it is beneficial to wait then wait and look at what is available.

Buy the phone that is available when you need/want it and then stop looking at what is coming out.

12-24-08 09:58 AM
    It is always a good time to buy the Bold.

12-24-08 11:27 AM
    bold is hot
    12-25-08 12:30 PM
    If you want a bold then I say buy it!!!

12-25-08 02:05 PM
    Stay away from android! The bold is awesome I'm working on getting it on tmobile.So for now I'm on my curve until I get the bold fully functioning. Unless the 8900 comes to tmo!!! Be Bold!

12-25-08 02:52 PM
    Christmas is a time for giving, I have gifted my bro with a Bold.

He is long time Treo user, when he makes the switchover, it has to work. I don't know which OS the Australian carriers have in stock, but I do know where to point him for the current one.

12-25-08 02:54 PM
    I was at the local AT&T official store last night and I noticed something. They had the real Bold on display and it had a crack that went right from the earphone area down near the center of the screen. A salesman had come by when I just noticed it and I asked him what the insurance covered as far as screens go and he said there was a $150 deductible. I mentioned to him that I noticed the plastic covering had no "cushion area" in between the screen and cover. Therefore, if the Bold was to get hit on the screen, not the chrome edges, then you could have some major damage (depending on the hit). I then asked what the ETA for a new Bold to be sent to me is and he said "between the turn around time of processing the claim and actually getting it out, it can take up to 3 days."

Currently I'm a 8100 owner, I don't know about you but I think I won't get the Bold if there is such a high risk at the slighest hit or bump. Beautiful phone (if you put the slight lag and screen issue aside) but I think I will take two steps up and a step back and get a Curve instead. Happy Holidays to all!
    12-27-08 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD