The problem I have with your statement is that it's suggesting that ALL BB users are superior to anyone else. I'm paraphrasing but I read this over and over again: "we're much smarter than everyone else this is why we can accept the workarounds."

I would argue, as others would, that this is just blind allegiance to a brand. Is this not what many here criticize Apple supporters of doing?

When I purchased my Playbook at the suggestion of a friend and for less than $200, and noted that at the time it did not have an email app, I was criticized for pointing out a "minor limitation" that could be resolved by accessing my email through the browser. On Crackberry anyone who criticized this was vilified for their views. After the launch of an email client people who brought the length of time it took to launch the email client were vilified for revisiting "ancient history." If you say that Apple and Google have done the same you're missing the point that they are not at 1.6% of market share. BB does not have the luxury to make such mistakes.

If you're happy with a product that has real limitations it's your money I don't care. But being smug about it is quite another thing altogether.

And to argue that given the current status of BB that it offers a superior product is difficult to justify. The arguments are the same: "apps are for people who just want to play and not do real work with their phones." This is sour grapes. I can't have it therefore it's not important.

Let's call a spade a spade. BB has been relegated to, as a previous poster said, a niche market for enthusiasts. I'd argue it's a novelty product. If all it took was a good design/product to win, history would be quite different. Beta would have beat out VHS and most of us would be using phones that run WebOs. BB is where it is today because past management failed its employees, investors and customers. That is a fact.
    I'd suggest you read through the posts between Speedygi and myself, then re-read the post that you quoted. In fact, what I was saying was completely opposite of what you're suggesting I said.
    12-24-13 05:48 PM
    I have to note that I do feel BlackBerry is somewhat trying to elevate this whole side loading "initiative" (if you will) to be something that seriously would be able to fix the app gap, which I think is trying too much to create value in something that's not meant to be the end all be all solution for people coming into the platform, which BlackBerry Guy has touched on.

The more I think of BB10 as a platform now, though, is that it's become a glorified enthusiast operating system for BlackBerry fans, who may have been tinkering with Android phones before and want to emulate the same experience here. Newcomers are going to come in and cite a lack of apps and go off somewhere else. This is why BBOS7 is outselling BB10...the public has caught on, for one, and it seems no one wants BlackBerry other than the devices they were famous for and arguably ruled the landscape for a time with, the BBOS phone.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-24-13 07:20 PM
    Hence the Grinch avatar?
    Indeed
    12-24-13 07:23 PM
    I'd just like to know, is it possible to play games like Real Racing 3, Asphalt 8 Airborne, Grand Theft Auto Vice City and San Andreas on the Q10, Z10 and Z30?
    Real Racing 3, Asphalt 7 and NFS Undercover I play regularly on my Z10 / Q10. GTA I am not interested in, don't like the violence.

My name is Prem, I'm using BBM ... from my QuZe10 ...whatarhyme...
    12-24-13 11:12 PM
    I'd suggest you read through the posts between Speedygi and myself, then re-read the post that you quoted. In fact, what I was saying was completely opposite of what you're suggesting I said.
    Thank you for choosing not to fight.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    12-24-13 11:34 PM
130 ... 456