I wanted to know what OS I was currently using. I know it's 4.5. But I don't know 4.5.?? so, I clicked Options >> about and.... nothing. Nothing happens. It's not a blank screen - the screen doesn't change at all. "About" remains highlighted - but, it doesn't "do" anything. I can display data under status, date / time, and every other field - Only "about" seems to do nothing. I did a battery pull and still nothing. This is really confusing - any help out there??

For those on WAP: I'm on VZW w/ a 8330.

Thanks
    02-02-09 02:11 PM
    Ironically enough, you probably need to update the OS. Have you been able to look into "about" before this?
    02-02-09 02:12 PM
    yes, I've looked under "about" brefore. I don't go there very often. I'm running whatever the "official" vzv OS is. I don't really care what the OS is. That's not the point. I was just wondering why the "about" optoion semed to just ... stop working.
    02-02-09 02:15 PM
    Try left shift, alt, and H all at the same time. This should bring up your Help Me! screen and your OS version should be listed there (along with other useful information about your phone!).
    02-02-09 02:27 PM
    Try left shift, alt, and H all at the same time. This should bring up your Help Me! screen and your OS version should be listed there (along with other useful information about your phone!).
    cool - never saw THAT screen before -- whaddaya know, I'm runnin' 4.5.0.77. Thanks for the info. However, "about" still goes nowhere.
    02-02-09 02:30 PM
    About goes nowhere because you both probably uninstalled Voice
    Activated Dialing. Without that About will not work.
    02-02-09 02:33 PM
    Yes, I did uninstall voice activated dialing. Well, there's the answer AG. Thanks again as always for your insights.

I'm just wondering why uninstalling voice activated dialing would disable "about". No, big deal, about's not too inportant. I was just talking with a friend who bought a 8330 from Alltell last week. I was just wondering what OS he was running and went to show him how to pull up that data on his Blackberry and used mine as the example of what to see. I looked like a real numbskull, "here's how you do it..." "No, wait, you press this button..." "D'OH!"
    02-02-09 02:42 PM
    I uninstalled Voice Activated Dialing, but my About screen still works. Strange.
    02-02-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD