Hi all...I'm still trying to get a hang of my BB...yesterday I hooked it up to my daughter's laptop and her desktop manager...my cd that came with my phone doesn't work...well I synched my phone with my email...I think...and now all the contacts from my email is now on my phone and visa versa...I don't want this...how do I undo this? What happens when I do remove them? And how do I do this? Thanks for any help at all
    10-11-09 09:24 AM
    Just delete them off the phone.
    10-11-09 09:26 AM
    Now if I delete them off the phone...does it delete them on my PC? and if I add a new contact on my PC will it automatically go to my phone? I don't want that...Will they know I deleted them from my phone?
    10-11-09 09:40 AM
    What you need to do is to change your settings on DM so you don't have 2-way sync. If you open DM and click on Synchronize, then Synchronization under Configure in the left hand corner, then click the Synchronization button, you will get a wizard asking you what to sync. Then check address book. You will want to check 1-way from device to keep the entries from your PC from ending up on your BB.
    10-11-09 12:02 PM
    Thanks...I'll change that. I just spent the last 2 1/2 hours between my BB and my PC deleting etc. Geesh...I'm still learning
    10-11-09 12:48 PM
    Do yourself a favor before going much further. Go into the sync settings and change it to prompt prior to deletion for contacts, calendars, tasks, and memos. No need to have any accidents.

Is there a problem with having all of your contacts on your phone too? Are you going to remember to update any changes for your contacts on both the phone and the computer?
    10-11-09 12:57 PM
    Well...the reason I didn't want my contacts from my PC on my phone is basically cuz I don't have their numbers...and their more less just acquaintances...the ones that I have their email & numbers are on both...if you can understand that...Now I'm in my DM and in the synch settings and I don't see the prompt prior to deletion your mentioning. Please...I'm sorry for all the questions...but I am a newbie with my BB and it does get confusing for me...So where do I look for this prompt thing...thanks
    10-11-09 04:26 PM
    Look in conflict resolution. (I think it is under advanced.)
    10-11-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD