I have a bold 9700 and I just noticed a streak on my screen. I can only see it when the background is white. My screen is still a smooth surface so I didn't think it was scratched, however when I use a cloth (the same one for my glasses) to clean, the line is still there. There is also a one at the top of the screen. It's the same discoloration as fingerprints (that rainbow look) but it doesn't wipe off.

Is it a scratch and is there a way to take care of it, other than the obvious put a screen protector on it answer?!?!
    04-09-10 10:18 PM
    sorry, there are some products out there that claim to remove scratches from screens but Ive yet to hear of one that actually works. in reality the only option is to replace the screen
    04-09-10 10:53 PM
    My exes old pearl had these scratches all over the screen.. Yes they are scratches.. I don't know how you would get rid of them though..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 01:25 AM
    You could take it to a local jewelery store and ask how much to polish the screen cover.
    04-10-10 06:19 AM
    Thanks guys
    04-10-10 11:16 AM
    You could also get a screen protector from now on.
    04-10-10 11:27 AM
    If it's a scratch you should be able to see it with the phone Off (dark screen) if you angle it so the light reflects off the area to your eye.

I think you will find the 9700 uses the same bonded screen design as my 9000, with a "lens" permanently adhered to the front of the LCD screen. It is possible you are actually seeing a minor imperfection in the bonding between the two layers. That is unlikely to show by reflected light. Another clue will be the size and shape of the "streak" you see, a scratch is more likely to be very fine and slightly irregular but a bonding defect is more likely to be wider and more smooth in appearance, but more likely to extend to the edge of screen at both ends.
    04-10-10 11:42 AM
    You could take it to a local jewelery store and ask how much to polish the screen cover.
    Isn't the 9700 like the 9630 where it doesn't have a screen cover?
    04-10-10 11:55 AM
    Applying a screen protector like Cell Phone Skins & Protective Covers - iPhone Skins, Blackberry Skins, iPod Skins, Apple Laptop Skins - Best Skins Ever will, amazingly enough, hide all but the largest of scratches and prevent future scratches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD