I have had a Blackberry of one model or another since 2003. I currently have a Blackberry Passport which has been one of the best smart devices I have ever had.
    Now that RIM is gone and my current blackberry O/S is extinct, perhaps it is time to retire my Passport from active service. I have two Blackberry Torches with cradles that are now serving as great night stand clocks. These old RIM devices just don't die. I have many old Blackberrys that are still in great condition and fully functional, only obsolete due to software updates and changes in Cell Phone technologies. I believe I preferred it when the Blackberrys had no cellphone included. I have always used mine for emails and text. My 1st blackberry looked like a pager with a keyboard (no phone). It is now costing me a premium to keep it active on AT&T. Hate to say goodbye to my trusted and reliable BB Passport. I do not care much for the new O/S.
    11-08-19 11:04 AM
    It is now costing me a premium to keep it active on AT&T.
    Why is it costing you a premium to keep it on AT&T?
    11-08-19 12:58 PM
    Agreed. The Passport on AT&T shouldn't cost any more than any other phone. My Z10 never did. To AT&T, it was just another phone with a data plan.
    11-08-19 01:03 PM
    You have a couple of options:

1) Go WiFi-only and use it for everything but phone calls and SMS in your home, office and where a trusted WiFi connection is available. This is free and let's you still enjoy all of the native functionality that BB10 offers.

2) Switch to a less expensive mobile plan that offers unlimited calls and texts but limited data, then use WiFi as described above.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-08-19 01:05 PM