I can't stand this. I've been a die hard BB user for years.
    Had a 1 week stint with a iSheep 3s (thought it was a toy), a 3 month tour with a HTC Vivid (actually really liked it) and because of a couple of necessities, came running back to my trusty 9810.
    I remember before the Moto Razor dropped, I saw cool commercials about it. They didn't show it, just talked about it "coming".
    BB10 will (through every indication) bury the competition (IMPO) but you don't see SQUAT about it in the media. You see cool little shooters on CB, but nothing public I can use to back up my comments to my friends that BB's coming back. I still get the stupid condescending smile and giggle and the "OK dude"
    With the HTC One X, the GS3 and some others out there, it's HARD to stay patient.
    RIM.....Start running smack!!!! I want my iSheep and droid friends to hear for themselves that I'm not gonna be on the bottom of the dog pile to much longer.

NOW, START PUTTING IN SOME OVERTIME AND DROP THE DAMN BB10 RIG....TOMORROW!!!!

OK...I'm good now. Just needed to spew a little.
    06-21-12 07:06 PM
    i feel for ya.. i would like to see some previews on internet,tv,radio also. its one place (i don't like to admit this) Rimm has dropped the ball.

all though i do see some 0s7 commercials these days they need to show the future tech.
    06-21-12 07:11 PM
    bb10 is 4-5 months out probably which is way to long to start advertising for this. you cant reveal to many features either because the competition can easily take the idea, put it on their platform which RIM still is on the sidelines waiting to release
    06-21-12 07:12 PM
    They could start advertising BB10 now. Movies advertise 6 or more months before they arrive...take the same approach
    06-21-12 07:18 PM
    bb10 is 4-5 months out probably which is way to long to start advertising for this. you cant reveal to many features either because the competition can easily take the idea, put it on their platform which RIM still is on the sidelines waiting to release
    yeah, I get that. I was ranting, more than anything.
    What I'm freakin hating tho is, 10 is gonna drop after everyone else drops their latest & greatest and they'll all have the stuff 10 has now. One of my iSheep buddies tells me "dude' i5 will have no buttons, all swipe". I'm like "WTF....where do you think that came from. Ever seen the PlayBook?"
    Then he start's talking sh*t about the PB.....Just can't win!!!
    06-21-12 07:21 PM
    They could start advertising BB10 now. Movies advertise 6 or more months before they arrive...take the same approach
    Right, that's what I'm saying.
    The Razor comm's made you think "wow, whats that"
    It's called creative marketing.
    06-21-12 07:24 PM
    Be patient. It's going to he a long summer. I'm focusing on Playbook 2.1 for now. Bridged SMS will be enough to hold me over for a while. We got our glimpse and tease at BBWorld - actually more than MS fans got Monday for the Surface.

Reviewers took the presentations and the actual developer alpha device and raged on it. I think it's best for RIM not to show their hand and let the rumor mill buzz a la Apple. No expectations, no disappointments.
    06-21-12 07:32 PM
    Start doing like windows did. "The mobile beta test is over" type of campaign. Doesn't give away features but leaves questions. Questions turn into curiosity and curiosity makes people want to touch it and play with it in a cell store.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    06-21-12 07:46 PM
    Start doing like windows did. "The mobile beta test is over" type of campaign. Doesn't give away features but leaves questions. Questions turn into curiosity and curiosity makes people want to touch it and play with it in a cell store.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    Thats exactly what I'm talking about. Then when I get a crack back from one of my "other platform user peeps" I'll have something. Then I can smile the smile and say " you'll just have to wait and see"
    06-21-12 07:52 PM
    I don't think that's a great comparison. With tech, it's constantly changing, and stuff gets copied and modified fairly easily. I think it's a mistake to generate enthusiasm too early, as the enthusiasim can be stolen by someone else pumping their own product up (and lets be honest, likely deliver before RIM), and enthusiasm can die on it's own.

Frankly, I think Apple does it really well. "Here's our newest thing, here's what it can do, and it'll be in stores in three weeks". Generate the hype, and then deliver before it dies.
    06-21-12 08:09 PM
    I don't think that's a great comparison. With tech, it's constantly changing, and stuff gets copied and modified fairly easily. I think it's a mistake to generate enthusiasm too early, as the enthusiasim can be stolen by someone else pumping their own product up (and lets be honest, likely deliver before RIM), and enthusiasm can die on it's own.

Frankly, I think Apple does it really well. "Here's our newest thing, here's what it can do, and it'll be in stores in three weeks". Generate the hype, and then deliver before it dies.
    You know, without thinking about this for more than 3 minutes, I guess I have to agree.
    Seems like I'm forever saying that to my wife, too. WTH....it's a freakin conspiracy!!!
    06-21-12 08:14 PM

They don't show phone features right away...they could show QNX in other industries...big production and hollywood style hype for BB10
    06-21-12 08:36 PM
    yeah, I get that. I was ranting, more than anything.
    What I'm freakin hating tho is, 10 is gonna drop after everyone else drops their latest & greatest and they'll all have the stuff 10 has now. One of my iSheep buddies tells me "dude' i5 will have no buttons, all swipe". I'm like "WTF....where do you think that came from. Ever seen the PlayBook?"
    Then he start's talking sh*t about the PB.....Just can't win!!!
    You can tell your friend iphone 5 will 1000% have a home button and not be all swipe.

out of curiosity....does your friend refer to you as a BB-sheep?
    06-21-12 08:58 PM
    You know, without thinking about this for more than 3 minutes, I guess I have to agree.
    Seems like I'm forever saying that to my wife, too. WTH....it's a freakin conspiracy!!!
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's a conspiracy, but I agree that RIM really does get a cold shoulder from the media. I've lost count of how many articles I've read regarding mobile OSs and they don't even mention RIM, even though they still have more market share than WP.
    06-21-12 09:03 PM
    a 3 month tour with a HTC Vivid (actually really liked it) and because of a couple of necessities, came running back to my trusty 9810.
    Hehehe just as a reminder I told you how you could accomplish those couple necessities on your Vivid, but you had already switched back . We're all on the same page here though. My daily driver right now is the 9930, and I'm still trying to get used to it! Since switching back I've gotten flack from VZW reps and my friends. I just want to know what BB has to offer NOW, and I'm really excited for BB10 and how it can compete.

I'm as disheartened as you are, though. I see how the Microsoft Surface has become the "talk of the town" and wonder why BB10 hasn't made just as big of as impression. People just don't know! This fall is going to be huge between Windows 8/Surface and iOS6. I just hope BB10 can capture attention as well.
    06-21-12 09:12 PM
    Be patient. It's going to he a long summer. I'm focusing on Playbook 2.1 for now. Bridged SMS will be enough to hold me over for a while. We got our glimpse and tease at BBWorld - actually more than MS fans got Monday for the Surface.

Reviewers took the presentations and the actual developer alpha device and raged on it. I think it's best for RIM not to show their hand and let the rumor mill buzz a la Apple. No expectations, no disappointments.
    Microsoft has shown final hardware and Windows 8 Developer, Consumer, and Release Previews have been available for several months; the full touch experience available either through a current Win7 tablet or an iPad/Android tablet via Splashtop Metro Testbed. Microsoft is also regularly releasing written previews of the native apps, has several demo videos and blogs outlining the development process.

RIM has shown a brief, scripted demo of unfinished software on prototype hardware.
    06-21-12 09:57 PM
    I can put a little agreement for you but if its torturing you, then just switch, don't complain
    Still bb10 is 4-5 months so you just wait. You anyway do have the latest blackberry offers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.428 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    06-21-12 10:27 PM
    I can put a little agreement for you but if its torturing you, then just switch, don't complain
    Still bb10 is 4-5 months so you just wait. You anyway do have the latest blackberry offers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.428 with Tapatalk and my fingers

If they release the first BB10 phone mid September then it's a little less than 3 months away
    06-22-12 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD