Hey. Strange problem here. Sometimes, I don't receive any calls on my phone. The phone does not ring, nor do I see a missed call. The only way I will know someone called is if they leave a voice mail or perhaps sent a text or if they eventually get on to me and complain about me not answering my phone.

I have my own business where customers contact me on this number. I don't need to explain how crucial this is. I called my carrier about 4 times and each time, they said that they reset the incoming call feature on my phone along with some other stuff.

Up to this morning, the problem still persists. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my phone. I really don't think it's a software problem or I would have wiped and re-installed already.

God alone knows how many calls I've missed for the day.

Thanks in advance.
    10-05-10 01:24 PM
    What happens when people call you? Does the call go straight to voicemail? Does it ring for a while and then go to voicemail? I'm thinking that the disconnect is between your handset and your carrier, maybe they've matched your phone number to the wrong IEMI. I think the problem is somehwere in that area.
    10-05-10 02:11 PM
    Have you tried changing your Sound Profile to Normal (speaker icon)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 03:25 PM
    My profile is on loud.

No. It does not go straight to voicemai. It rings like normal.

Should I call my carrier and ask what IMEI they have registered to my device then?
    10-05-10 04:12 PM
    What happens when you do a battery pull? Does it work for a while? If so it may be a good idea to wipe it and re install OS.

10-05-10 04:17 PM
    You could do a hardware diagnostic test. Menu/Options/Status. Type the word t e s t. There is no place to type it, just type test. After that you will see a blank page, press Menu/Start and it will test your hardware. If it passes the test it is most likely a software issue or possibly even an issue with a conflicting application? Download anything new right before this started happening?

10-05-10 04:28 PM
    I've pulled battery many times. Never downloaded anything recently.

Hardware test won't tell me if something is wrong on my carrier end though..
    10-05-10 04:31 PM
    Switch your SIM to an old/borrowed phone and see if the problem persists?

10-05-10 04:37 PM
    I would also check the fire wall, Options > settings > security > firewall.
    10-05-10 04:38 PM
    Well then, if you don't figure out what is right. Most likely you won't figure out what's wrong either. Good luck

10-05-10 06:29 PM
    bumping this
    10-14-10 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD