What follows is the everyman's Coles Notes to helping Blackberry win, once again, in the handset game. I'm not talking a return to world domination, I'm talking about a level of success that brings pax romana to the hardworking denizens of Blackberryland. Enough success to end the hoarding of Z30's. Success that will guarantee the job security of baristas across the whole breadth of Waterloo. A vibrant, innovative, confident Blackberry. Read on...

Put ya money where ya mouth is

The sages of old had it right. You knew this was coming, right guys? Of course our well worn *XYZ* Blackberry is the Greatest Phone Ever. But friends, cold hard currency is the lifeblood of the Corporation, our's included. So keep your Z10. Just buy a Priv or a Passport too.

App Up

One of the reasons developers loved Apple users even in the early days before Apple had sold a ****-ton zillion iPhones was that the app spend rate for iPhone users was just way above everyone else. They were buying paid apps and freemium apps like crazy and devs had the best rea$on in the world to stay up all night surviving on only mountain dew and kettle chips to bang out new and improved versions of their apps at a rate limited only by carpal tunnel syndrome. Clearly we have a slim selection but we need to intentionally load up on quality, preferably made-for-blackberry, paid apps. This is particularly important for those of us that would like to see OS 10 live on.

Be an Ambassador

Just not like Alicia Keys. Or that guy who is going off about his phone to everybody as if it were the key to paradise. Nobody wants to get the hard sell. It's a phone. It's. Just. A. Phone. (Shout out to forum trolls) Ok, but we can still speak in favourable terms about our Blackberry, right? Still leave it out on the desk for your office buddies to lay their eyeballs on? Still take the time to give good device and app reviews online? Yep. It's the little things that add up.

Enterprise guys, do your thing

I'm new to Crackberry and even I have noted we have a lot of * cough, cough* CEO's with 3500+ employees and really poor spelling skillz around these parts. What I've already written applies to the average joe. You corporate big wigs do what you need to do to breath life into the enterprise side, whatever that might be. I haven't the slightest idea, except its similar to that bit earlier about spending money.

Thanks guys! If you read the whole post, you rock. Now go buy an app.
    Last edited by coppel; 11-21-15 at 05:49 PM.
    11-21-15 04:05 PM
    I think that most people on here would like an all glass upgrade to their z10 / z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 04:43 PM
    Thanks for the interesting read.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 04:53 PM
    I think that most people on here would like an all glass upgrade to their z10 / z30.

Posted via CB10
    BB Leap?

Jokes, jokes!

I totally agree, much needed product. I guess my point was, we gotta show some flexibility and branch out a bit, try the new flagships even if they are not exactly the product we were hoping for. So that BB actually stays in the game and finally makes that killa Z50.
    11-21-15 05:54 PM
    It might help if Blackberry advertised their product. That and released a phone that appeals to the masses and not a niche group of people.
    Blacklatino and bakron1 like this.
    11-21-15 06:10 PM
    First they made phones for Enterprise niche.
    Now for Android PKB niche.
    They changed the niche.

Effect?

No more BB10 Phones.
    When the next better Droid Phone came out, no one cares about DroidBerry.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    11-21-15 06:36 PM
    They changed the niche.

Effect?

No more BB10 Phones.

Or is it they do not have the resources, skills, knowledge and patents to compete with an all touch?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 06:42 PM
    BB Leap?

Jokes, jokes!

I totally agree, much needed product. I guess my point was, we gotta show some flexibility and branch out a bit, try the new flagships even if they are not exactly the product we were hoping for. So that BB actually stays in the game and finally makes that killa Z50.
    I saw my first much maligned BlackBerry leap the other day and thought it was actually quite good. I would be happy with one even though the speaker could be better.

I am quite happy with my current phones. All BlackBerry. It is actually the other posts that want an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 07:03 PM
    It might help if Blackberry advertised their product. That and released a phone that appeals to the masses and not a niche group of people.
    They changed the niche.

Effect?

No more BB10 Phones.

Or is it they do not have the resources, skills, knowledge and patents to compete with an all touch?

Posted via CB10
    All right ya debbie downers, my post was directed at addressing what we can do to invest in the success of BB, not a call out for product roadmap armchair CEOs to pipe up. Having said that, I agree advertising is a bit of an issue. However, remember a few years back, when they actually were advertising quite a bit, but they kept coming out with these oddball ads that supposedly cost a lot to make (Super Bowl, anyone?) but were weird and generally given the thumbs down? It's almost like they still feel burned by all that wasted money and have gone to the other extreme.

As for the PRIV being niche because it has a PKB...geez guys it is so thin couldn't you just leave it closed if you didn't want the PKB and essentially have the phone you want?

I saw my first much maligned BlackBerry leap the other day and thought it was actually quite good. I would be happy with one even though the speaker could be better.

I am quite happy with my current phones. All BlackBerry. It is actually the other posts that want an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    I was a little harsh on the Leap. At its price I think it's a good phone. The downer was for the people hoping it would be a step up from the Z30, that's all.
    11-21-15 07:30 PM
    All right ya debbie downers, my post was directed at addressing what we can do to invest in the success of BB, not a call out for product roadmap armchair CEOs to pipe up. Having said that, I agree advertising is a bit of an issue. However, remember a few years back, when they actually were advertising quite a bit, but they kept coming out with these oddball ads that supposedly cost a lot to make (Super Bowl, anyone?) but were weird and generally given the thumbs down? It's almost like they still feel burned by all that wasted money and have gone to the other extreme.

As for the PRIV being niche because it has a PKB...geez guys it is so thin couldn't you just leave it closed if you didn't want the PKB and essentially have the phone you want?

I was a little harsh on the Leap. At its price I think it's a good phone. The downer was for the people hoping it would be a step up from the Z30, that's all.
    I do appreciate your thoughts in all sincerity, but you have to understand that this is probably the 100th thread on this topic over the past year.
    11-21-15 07:44 PM
    I do appreciate your thoughts in all sincerity, but you have to understand that this is probably the 100th thread on this topic over the past year.
    I figured it might be. I'm new 'round these parts - to Crackberry and BB ownership. I can only imagine how jaded one *might* become in this community over the last few years. Anyhoo, I was hoping to bring some fresh-faced optimism and possibly witty verbiage to the party.
    11-21-15 08:57 PM
    I figured it might be. I'm new 'round these parts - to Crackberry and BB ownership. I can only imagine how jaded one *might* become in this community over the last few years. Anyhoo, I was hoping to bring some fresh-faced optimism and possibly witty verbiage to the party.
    Good for you, and no disrespect meant.
    11-21-15 08:59 PM
    87th actually.

OP intentions are sound. One problem with BlackBerry is their phones tend to last so people like me feel no need to get a new one. And yet if they put out a shotty one, they get chastised.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 09:01 PM
    My Storm is still in good conditions.
    Used it for 8 years, then there was the Z30.
    BlackBerry needed 7 years to make a better phone that replaced my old.
    Maybe they need again 7 years.

11-21-15 10:31 PM
    Your part, accept OS will be Android, if you're OK with that, buy a Priv. If not, buy IOS or Windows. It's pretty simple.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 12:18 AM
    Your part, accept OS will be Android, if you're OK with that, buy a Priv. If not, buy IOS or Windows. It's pretty simple.

Posted via CB10
    Way to boil it down, Chuck! I actually agree, for the average guy or gal who wants BB handsets to stick around, this is the biggest single thing you could do. (You have one?)

Biggest thing is not the same as only thing though, and buying OS 10 handsets/snagging good apps is still putting green in the bank account of our favourite fruit themed Corporation and the good devs out there, whilst filling our pockets with quality gear.
    11-22-15 07:25 AM
    Your post is great, however, the fatalistic pessimists on here will try to drag you down to their level of gloom.

Posted via Q5 on the bb10 os.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-22-15 08:20 AM
    Why would I buy a PRIV when I do not really want a slider. I am waiting for the Vienna.

Many here would have preferred BlackBerry to have offered a BB10 version, even with no run time.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-22-15 09:03 AM
    Way to boil it down, Chuck! I actually agree, for the average guy or gal who wants BB handsets to stick around, this is the biggest single thing you could do. (You have one?)

Biggest thing is not the same as only thing though, and buying OS 10 handsets/snagging good apps is still putting green in the bank account of our favourite fruit themed Corporation and the good devs out there, whilst filling our pockets with quality gear.
    While I support BBOS7/BB10 with multiple devices, I wouldn't recommend to someone not already using platform. The average user won't be happy with BB10 hence the reason we have below 1% marketshare.
    Tabdus likes this.
    11-22-15 11:50 AM
    Why would I buy a PRIV when I do not really want a slider. I am waiting for the Vienna.

Many here would have preferred BlackBerry to have offered a BB10 version, even with no run time.

Posted via CB10
    Android Vienna stands a good chance. BB10 is a money pit for Blackberry. The company needs to be profitable standalone in hardware or they're going to stop making. Blackberry has 100% of BB10 market and losing money. Anything including leaving hardware completely is for the best interest of company survival and for remaining employee jobs.
    11-22-15 11:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Priv operates just fine without ever using the keyboard. Just the keyboard is addicting.

Sent from Jiggy's Priv. . . .
    Asvertus likes this.
    11-22-15 12:02 PM
    Did my part. Bought like 10 devices from BlackBerry. Mostly all paid for outright at full price. No more though. Not at the Priv price point. In my mind BlackBerry is now a discount brand. Until they up their game.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 12:05 PM
    And also that those of us remaining have supported already with our wallets and providing more advertising than BlackBerry has provided themselves.

I've personally purchased 5 BB10 phones myself and helped my family members to get by with sideloaded apps when they could have switched platforms.

I am a fan of BB10. BlackBerry is likely not producing any BB10 phones for me. I've done more than my share.

In essence this thread is preaching to the choir and half the choir is tired and would like a vacation from singing.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-22-15 12:11 PM
    Let me guess - this is from the school of "The best advertising is word-of-mouth." I'm pretty sure everybody on this forum knows what it's like to pitch BlackBerry to friends or family members. What you get is an earful when they try to install Snapchat or Uber or their banking app or whatever. Part of active participation on these forums is the eventual realization that these handsets are not for everyone.
    11-22-15 12:15 PM
    Let me guess - this is from the school of "The best advertising is word-of-mouth." I'm pretty sure everybody on this forum knows what it's like to pitch BlackBerry to friends or family members. What you get is an earful when they try to install Snapchat or Uber or their banking app or whatever. Part of active participation on these forums is the eventual realization that these handsets are not for everyone.
    Last time one of my friends saw my Passport they were like... Oh that's so funny. You still use a BlackBerry. Lol.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 01:10 PM
60 123