If I recall correctly, Blackberry announced 4 smartphones at World Mobile Congress: The Leap, The "Slider", The New Porsche Design smartphone, and a new Blackberry with a physical QWERTY keyboard (perhaps a Q10 successor). There's been a lot of talk on the forums about the Leap and the Slider, but barely any discussion about the last smartphone I mentioned (the Q10 successor). Have people forgotten that it was announced? I'm actually looking forward to this new phone since I want my next smartphone to have a physical keyboard. I'm excited for more info to be announced regarding this new device. Right now all I really know is that it has a physical keyboard.

P.S. They should consider making another keyboard phone with chicklet-style keys like the Q5 since some people prefer those types of keys
    04-24-15 04:34 PM
    probably because there is NOTHING known or if its even a q10 success. Remember there is a passport variant being released in china. Does that count as the 1 of the 4? don't know...
    04-24-15 05:03 PM
    Similar here! I'm very much looking forward to a decent Q10 successor.

I think a combination of Passport and Classic features combined in a new phone would be awesome. A touch enabled 4 row qwerty keyboard (passport style) with a slightly bigger screen (classic style) should be a perfect successor in my eyes.
    04-25-15 09:27 AM
    I wonder about this. I love my Q, but I wouldn't be shocked to see it go away since we got the Classic. Could the 4th device be Passport 2, maybe with that folding keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:39 AM
    Similar here! I'm very much looking forward to a decent Q10 successor.

I think a combination of Passport and Classic features combined in a new phone would be awesome. A touch enabled 4 row qwerty keyboard (passport style) with a slightly bigger screen (classic style) should be a perfect successor in my eyes.
    But at that physical size it would just be an alternate Classic, not a Q10 replacement. The Q10 is closer in size to the Bold form factor than it is to a the Classic and the smaller physical size of the Q10 is one of its selling points.

Personally I don't want a huge device, so if the only successor to the Q10 was as big as a Classic or Passport, I would just buy some other brand of phone and move on.
    04-25-15 09:40 AM
    But at that physical size it would just be an alternate Classic, not a Q10 replacement. The Q10 is closer in size to the Bold form factor than it is to a the Classic and the smaller physical size of the Q10 is one of its selling points.

Personally I don't want a huge device, so if the only successor to the Q10 was as big as a Classic or Passport, I would just buy some other brand of phone and move on.
    So what exactly would you want on your new Q10? If it's not bigger it won't have a bigger battery. Or trackpad. Or cpu or screen, since those would drain the battery faster...
    So just a new skin perhaps ?
    04-25-15 09:51 AM
    So what exactly would you want on your new Q10? If it's not bigger it won't have a bigger battery. Or trackpad. Or cpu or screen, since those would drain the battery faster...
    So just a new skin perhaps ?
    Better camera sensor and lens. Curved keyboard, like Bold. Keyboard that doesn't double type. Programmable "Convenience Key" on either side (like the 8520). Stainless trim. Less bezel at top, more screen. Touch sensitive keyboard function, as seen on the passport. Better CPU/GPU. Stereo speakers. Dual SIM. Charging dock connections (and/or wireless charging). Alternate colors for the whole back cover.

There are lots of things that could be upgraded in the Q10 chassis.
    04-25-15 12:30 PM
    probably because there is NOTHING known or if its even a q10 success. Remember there is a passport variant being released in china. Does that count as the 1 of the 4? don't know...
    I sure hope the Chinese Passport didn't count as a new device...
    04-25-15 03:08 PM
    I picked up my Q10 just couple days ago and it looked TINY as heck! Like man, i swear it was much bigger when I first got it. Its better if BlackBerry stick to improving their Classic & Passport line up.
    04-25-15 03:24 PM
    With the direction BlackBerry is going with devices I wouldn't be surprised to see a possible Q10 replacement that is built to a similar standard and spec as the Leap. Basically a blend of the Q10 and Q5. Most probably a warmed up Q5 rather than a worthy replacement for the Q10.
    04-25-15 04:07 PM
    Classic is the Q10 successor, even if they have the same specs. Just like the Leap being the successor to the Z30. Not really an upgrade, and shame that BlackBerry is releasing new devices with old specs.

But good news is all BB10 devices will be supported for a long time. We'll, at least as long as BlackBerry is around. The specs may be outdated and uncompetitive, but the user experience is fantastic. I couldn't imagine picking up a first gen Android and having it work this well.

But one can hope the Classic 2 is a true upgrade to th Q10. The ultimate one handed qwerty device.

 Q10 on 10.3.1.2582 
    04-25-15 09:18 PM
    Leap is NOT the successor to the Z30...

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    04-25-15 09:50 PM
    Agreed. Lol the leap. It's just another made made out of used/extra z10 parts lol
    04-25-15 09:55 PM
    Classic is the Q10 successor, even if they have the same specs. Just like the Leap being the successor to the Z30. Not really an upgrade, and shame that BlackBerry is releasing new devices with old specs.

But good news is all BB10 devices will be supported for a long time. We'll, at least as long as BlackBerry is around. The specs may be outdated and uncompetitive, but the user experience is fantastic. I couldn't imagine picking up a first gen Android and having it work this well.

But one can hope the Classic 2 is a true upgrade to th Q10. The ultimate one handed qwerty device.

 Q10 on 10.3.1.2582 
    That whole new devices with old specs thing makes me feel like one day they will pull out of hardware, saying no one was buying their hardware anymore. Well no **** sherlock, who wants to pay top dollar for lesser hardware???

They do it to themselves and have done so for the better part of a decade. Why stop now!

:/
    rnsaza likes this.
    04-26-15 08:48 AM
    Why would there be a Q10 successor. There are already 2 physical keyboard phones available with the Passport and Classic, for physical keyboard fans to choose from.

Posted via CB10
    rnsaza likes this.
    04-26-15 10:24 AM
    Better camera sensor and lens. Curved keyboard, like Bold. Keyboard that doesn't double type. Programmable "Convenience Key" on either side (like the 8520). Stainless trim. Less bezel at top, more screen. Touch sensitive keyboard function, as seen on the passport. Better CPU/GPU. Stereo speakers. Dual SIM. Charging dock connections (and/or wireless charging). Alternate colors for the whole back cover.

There are lots of things that could be upgraded in the Q10 chassis.
    Ok better camera sounds good
    Disagree with curved keyboard, I think it's hideous and certainly isn't elegant
    Better materials sure
    Why touch sensitive keyboard ? Would you make it three rows as well? The passport keyboard isn't that cool without the keyboard swiping shortcuts for typing. Most of the time I don't use the touch keyboard for scrolling or anything like that.
    Better cpu and gpu will use more battery, and they can't fit a bigger battery especially if they need a bigger heatsink for the cpugpu
    Dual sim is practically useless on a mass production phone, that's going way too deep in the niche and again would take valuable space in the tiny phone that is the Q10
    Charging dock is just another accessory to buy... the new thing is wireless charging which is just another gimmick at the speed it charges
    Alternate colors, well that was the Q5 which was less 'business centric' I suppose...

Without increasing the size of the device I don't see how improvements worthy of calling it a 'successor' can come along. A better camera isn't a good enough reason to make a whole new phone.
    Though I guess they could release a Q10/classic variant with the gigantic passport camera!
    04-29-15 10:14 PM
    I picked up my Q10 just couple days ago and it looked TINY as heck! Like man, i swear it was much bigger when I first got it. Its better if BlackBerry stick to improving their Classic & Passport line up.
    LOL. Mine shrank too!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    04-29-15 10:26 PM