06-11-08 09:44 PM
60 123
tools
    I understand everyone thanks. But now I think about it, an ipod touch (I have one) and iphone (considered getting one) for one person does not look right lol its kinda weird so i think i will be keeping my pearl a little longer..
    06-11-08 07:28 PM
    I understand everyone thanks. But now I think about it, an ipod touch (I have one) and iphone (considered getting one) for one person does not look right lol its kinda weird so i think i will be keeping my pearl a little longer..
    Good for you, and I'm glad you understood where we all were coming from.

Oh Nice work on the MySpace page.
    06-11-08 07:35 PM
    Good for you, and I'm glad you understood where we all were coming from.

Oh Nice work on the MySpace page.
    Thanks

06-11-08 07:53 PM
    Gotta hand it to everyone here for good quality and level headed advise.

Four months after I turned 16, I had to quit school, get a job, live on my own amd pay my own way in life. I was sorta irked listening to the OP's thoughts and probably wasn't thinking quite the way most posters here did.

My job entails me having a LOT of understanding and being able to make monumental decisions for people in the worst of situations. I spose when it's real life, I'm more compassionate, haha... You all gave me a nice smile today.

To the OP, some good stuff here. Take a lot of it into your thoughts. The most attractive and respected people are the ones that carve their own ways without worry about what people think and don't follow the masses.
    06-11-08 07:59 PM
    I just spit my coffee out.

First question: How old are you!?

Blackberries are pretty, yes... But um. People don't generally pay $500 (or whatever) for a phone, then pay additional money each month for a data plan because these phones "look good in their hands." These are business phones. We own them because they do what we need them to do. Would I have ever thought to purchase a Berry if I didn't hold the position I do with my company? Not for one second.

I don't know why, but this offends me and seems, if you'll pardon my saying, a bit ignorant...
    Jena, business phones to who? Are you forgetting that RIM has moved over into the consumer market? At one time, you could say that the BB is for business; but not any more. I'm not running a business, nor is my job paying for my service. On the other note, I did switch to BB for several reasons, one of them being, it felt/looked good in my hand. And it meets my needs.

You say people "dont generally," but there are some of us that do spend money like that on phones- not necessarily waiting for upgrades eligibility to come. I just got my Pearl (a little over 30 days), but if I were to loose interest in it and want something different tomorrow, thats exactly what I'd do. The Pearl would just become one amongst the others collecting dust.
    06-11-08 08:46 PM
    I just got my BB pearl not long ago. I am now bored with it. I got it so I can have apps but my memory cant handle them. I have 12 mb left with no apps i have to use the bb browser and not opera mini. I did all the things posted in these forms to free up mem and it helped but i still dont have enough memory to download stuff...I wish I could go back in time before i signed a 2 year deal with VZW and got the 3g iphone from At&t. I even feel that my pearl is an older phone i think it came out in like 06 but watever this is how my life goes.
    what is it that you want to put on there that you cannot? I have the 8100 and have yet to want an app that I cannot put on there......
    06-11-08 09:11 PM
    You should be ashamed of yourself for saying something like this. Now go wash your mouth out with soap and say 10 Hail Mary's.
    LOL, or make that 10 Hail Berrys......
    06-11-08 09:13 PM
    I just have a feeling this phone is about to be replaced and start being called "an older blackbery" and I just bought it. I dont know what to do...

I will keep this phone as long as its trendy. I have no idea why my file free goes up and down when I havent downloaded anything & I always close down apps properly (which is very annoying). I got this phone 4/26/08. I do not want to heer my friends at school call my phone old. OMG im so mad. If I get my dad to buy me the curve. whithout getting service on it and just allowing me to see how it feels in my hands to see if i want or not...i will like it, but then everyone will say its bulky and looks like its from 1980.
    Can I get your dad to adopt me and get me phones everytime I'm bored with it, or it's not trendy? LOL
    06-11-08 09:17 PM
    He is right, and it's some of the best advice you'll ever get.

It's hard being a young person and not get caught up in trends
    (h3ll some of us "oldsters" haven't mastered it yet), but start by being
    you. Do what you like, buy what you like and that suits your needs
    and when possible make the world tick to your tock, and not
    the other way around. And you did find CB so that's a plus in
    the intelligence column if ya ask me
    I think I am going to use my Pearl to call my son and tell him yet AGAIN how proud of him I am.....that he went to work for the things he wanted at 16 even though I could afford to buy pretty much whatever he wanted for him.....that he never, from the day he hit the atmosphere let anyone dictate to him who he was or how he should be, that he was a leader, not a follower.....that he's turned into a man who does not expect things to be handed to him......

Me and god do GOOD work-LOL
    06-11-08 09:27 PM
    I think I am going to use my Pearl to call my son and tell him yet AGAIN how proud of him I am.....that he went to work for the things he wanted at 16 even though I could afford to buy pretty much whatever he wanted for him.....that he never, from the day he hit the atmosphere let anyone dictate to him who he was or how he should be, that he was a leader, not a follower.....that he's turned into a man who does not expect things to be handed to him......

Me and god do GOOD work-LOL
    I'm thinking if your son turned out that way, you deserve to upgrade from that old Pearl to a more trendy Curve or a Bold soon. Heehe...

Good work man.
    06-11-08 09:44 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD