hah. well do u know when the 8130 came out?
    I don't. But I also have an 8100 that I got last summer.
    Seriously, stick around here, search the forums, and give the
    BB a chance. And if I can help at all, PM me .
    06-10-08 08:06 PM
    I have a Pearl and have really enjoyed it. I got it because of how small it is compared to the other BB's. The only annoying part is the non-qwerty, but I dealt with that. I also added a 2 gig memory card to put all pictures, ring tones, etc... on and never had a space issue, even with 5 or 6 extra themes, several games and extra apps, etc...

I have since received an 8830 for work and will pass the Pearl to my wife, but I am absolutely going to miss it...

Use it, enjoy it, add a memory card... You�ll love it.
    06-10-08 08:22 PM
    AG i guess what hes asking is if its a 2007 bently or a 2008?
    something like that
    06-10-08 08:26 PM
    [QUOTE=AdonisRouse;381042]I just got my BB pearl not long ago. I am now bored with it. I got it so I can have apps but my memory cant handle them. I have 12 mb left with no apps i have to use the bb browser and not opera mini. ....QUOTE]

two seperate things.

1. bored with it is likely just your personality. you'd get any phone and want a different one in a few months.

2. so it seems like you are making excuses if you think you can't download opera etc. due to limited memory of the pearl. this little thing is not meant for anything beyond mobile internet anyway. what's the big deal?

with the same memory, i have every app i could ever want. big medical stuff too (as they only require the reader on the phone and your data goes to the memory card).

of course, i bought my phone second hand so no contract and i am free to get bored anytime i want.
    06-10-08 08:44 PM
    How can you give up on a Bentley? lol. Give it awhile longer. You're attitude just might change.
    06-10-08 08:53 PM
    Get a curve!!
    06-10-08 08:56 PM
    It's a bit different when you are a teenager and the parents foot the bill, as the OP is.
    06-10-08 10:51 PM
    It's a bit different when you are a teenager and the parents foot the bill, as the OP is.
    The good ole days, man do I miss them. Well actually cell phones werent out when I was a teenager.
    06-10-08 11:00 PM
    When I was still in high school I wasn't allowed to get a phone whenever I wanted. If it wasn't still in style my parents gave me the "too bad, buy your own phone if you don't like it" speech. I always did have a nice phone though because I did my research first.

A little advice also. BE YOUR OWN PERSON. Don't buy things because everyone else has them, be different. Don't conform to everyone else.
    06-10-08 11:16 PM
    The 8130 isn't old at all, I believe it came out the latter half of 07. Besides, if you get an iPhone, pretty soon everyone will have one.

Like avt123 said, be yourself, do whatever makes you happy and don't worry about what others have or may think. Count yourself lucky that you have a very nice phone like a Blackberry, there are many others out there who wish they have a Pearl, or even just a cell phone for that matter.
    Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 06-10-08 at 11:41 PM.
    06-10-08 11:38 PM
    I will keep this phone as long as its trendy.
    Ugh... I hate the word "trendy" and everything it stands for. Too many people are too concerned about what other people think is "cool". Cool is an opinion, an opinion that differentiates VASTLY between different people. What is considered cool also changes with age... If I'm buying a new phone, I'm buying it for me and because I like it, not because what other people will think... And yes, I'm sure when I get my bold I'll get a few looks like "Oh my... that is beautiful!" But that's expected, the Bold IS beautiful.. And not many people around here are exactly up to date with technology.

When you're worried about if everything you have is trendy or not, you'll constantly be updating your clothes, phone, hair style... Every aspect of your life will always be changing, and you will never have time to sit back and enjoy anything. You also get a lot more things done when you spend time on important things, and not what other people think.

Besides, how does anything someone's PARENTS buy for them affect how cool they are? Some parents spoil their children, some do not. The fact that kids are so worried about trends in school is probably part of why we have so many... NOT so bright bulbs in the bunch.
    Last edited by Skormm; 06-11-08 at 12:38 AM.
    06-11-08 12:33 AM
    Ugh... I hate the word "trendy" and everything it stands for. Too many people are too concerned about what other people think is "cool". Cool is an opinion, an opinion that differentiates VASTLY between different people. What is considered cool also changes with age... If I'm buying a new phone, I'm buying it for me and because I like it, not because what other people will think... And yes, I'm sure when I get my bold I'll get a few looks like "Oh my... that is beautiful!" But that's expected, the Bold IS beautiful.. And not many people around here are exactly up to date with technology.

When you're worried about if everything you have is trendy or not, you'll constantly be updating your clothes, phone, hair style... Every aspect of your life will always be changing, and you will never have time to sit back and enjoy anything. You also get a lot more things done when you spend time on important things, and not what other people think.

Besides, how does anything someone's PARENTS buy for them affect how cool they are? Some parents spoil their children, some do not. The fact that kids are so worried about trends in school is probably part of why we have so many... NOT so bright bulbs in the bunch.
    I guess your right
    06-11-08 09:16 AM
    I guess your right
    He is right, and it's some of the best advice you'll ever get.

It's hard being a young person and not get caught up in trends
    (h3ll some of us "oldsters" haven't mastered it yet), but start by being
    you. Do what you like, buy what you like and that suits your needs
    and when possible make the world tick to your tock, and not
    the other way around. And you did find CB so that's a plus in
    the intelligence column if ya ask me
    06-11-08 11:25 AM
    Yeah thats why ppl have blackberrys....cause they look good in your hand
    I just spit my coffee out.

First question: How old are you!?

Blackberries are pretty, yes... But um. People don't generally pay $500 (or whatever) for a phone, then pay additional money each month for a data plan because these phones "look good in their hands." These are business phones. We own them because they do what we need them to do. Would I have ever thought to purchase a Berry if I didn't hold the position I do with my company? Not for one second.

I don't know why, but this offends me and seems, if you'll pardon my saying, a bit ignorant...
    06-11-08 12:13 PM
    I just spit my coffee out.

First question: How old are you!?

Blackberries are pretty, yes... But um. People don't generally pay $500 (or whatever) for a phone, then pay additional money each month for a data plan because these phones "look good in their hands." These are business phones. We own them because they do what we need them to do. Would I have ever thought to purchase a Berry if I didn't hold the position I do with my company? Not for one second.

I don't know why, but this offends me and seems, if you'll pardon my saying, a bit ignorant...
    im 16.....
    06-11-08 03:06 PM
    im 16.....
    16? You're between my 19 and 12 y/o kids.

Listen to the advice you have received my young grasshopper. It's all about getting what you need from your parents vs. what you really want and can afford
    06-11-08 03:17 PM
    You are on the verge of becoming an adult, with all the responsibilities that entails.

Among those responsibilities is the ability to enter into a contract. Once you do, you are responsible for fulfilling your side of the contract, usually for two years.

Adults can not "get bored" with a contract and change their mind. That applies to your parents, they will still have to pay for your contracted service.

Welcome to the real World. Enjoy your BlackBerry.
    06-11-08 03:22 PM
    Ok now I have to find me a Bentley wallpaper, see ya
    06-11-08 03:33 PM
    You are on the verge of becoming an adult, with all the responsibilities that entails.

Among those responsibilities is the ability to enter into a contract. Once you do, you are responsible for fulfilling your side of the contract, usually for two years.

Adults can not "get bored" with a contract and change their mind. That applies to your parents, they will still have to pay for your contracted service.

Welcome to the real World. Enjoy your BlackBerry.
    Absolutely could not agree more. When I was that age, I was lucky to have a Nokia with a prepaid package so that I couldn't go over my minutes. When I turned 18, I got my first cell phone plan with Nextel.... On my own. My parents would NEVER have let me own a Blackberry (not that we had them in the dark ages ) and certainly wouldn't have paid extra for a data plan.

Again, there is simply no need for any teenager to have a device like a Blackberry. To me, it is absolutely ridiculous. Even more so having read Adonis' previous posts about keeping the phone until it is not trendy... Absolutely blows my mind.....
    06-11-08 03:44 PM
    I have had my Curve for about a year now, and I love it. I thought about purchasing the pearl, but I didn't like the keyboard. Maybe you should take the opportunity to get a Curve, you should still be able to get one regardless of your contract details.

With the Curve, I can enjoy my music, create ringtones, save videos, take pictures, send both videos and pictures MMS, and I recently added games (Diner Dash, PacMan, Solitaire, and Sudoku).

I also check my myspace and facebook pages from my phone and post photos, messages, and comments that I have saved in the phone.

I took the liberty of purchasing a memory card, which helps a lot. Don't give up hope. Searching for a Blackberry is like buying a home, you have your quirks, and desires, once you find the right one, you are SOLD!
    06-11-08 03:51 PM
    Searching for a Blackberry is like buying a home
    The OP is 16. He hasn't purchased any homes yet, I wouldn't think.
    06-11-08 03:56 PM
    The OP is 16. He hasn't purchased any homes yet, I wouldn't think.
    lol.. Yea I'm thinking the same thing, if the OP had the resources to buy a home I don't think this thread would exist... If they have the money to buy a house, I think they'd have enough money to buy any phone they want.
    06-11-08 04:05 PM
    Adonis, I agree with all the advice that you have received in this thread 110%.

I'll be 19 years old in 2 weeks, so I'm not that much older than you BUT... you really, really need to stop caring what other people think.

I have been visiting crackberry for a little while now doing research to decide between the curve and the pearl, but since my father still pays for my bill, I've held off: A) because my contract is not over yet. I can get discounted renewed 2 year contract pricing either on July 18 or in march with the new every 2 discount. I don't want to make my dad pay full retail for a blackberry (not cheap!) PLUS 30-45 bucks a month EXTRA depending on what data plan you have and b) because I want to find the best phone for ME... even if that turns out not being a blackberry. You can't just rush into things that you're not financially responsible for and get bored.

My dad is still paying for my bill to help me out, as I've been married for a little over a year now (yeah, I got married a month before I turned 18).. But I still don't want to hurt him financially after he's helped me out so much.

ETA: even though I'll be paying for my own new phone
    Last edited by vrenee07; 06-11-08 at 04:38 PM.
    06-11-08 04:31 PM
    How about we all lighten up on this young man. I think he gets the point and to an extent, acknowledged the "error of his ways"
    Remember what we were like at 16, probably the same thing, whether we wish to admit it or not.

Adonis, I assure you no one is judging you, just trying in each of our own ways to be helpful.

16, good lord I have shirts older than that.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-11-08 at 06:16 PM.
    06-11-08 06:04 PM
    How about we all lighten up on this young man. I think he gets the point and to an extent, acknowledged the "error of his ways"
    Remember what we were like at 16, probably the same thing, whether we wish to admit it or not.

Adonis, I assure you know one is judging you, just trying in each of our own ways to be helpful.

16, good lord I have shirts older than that.
    OMG...I have done more wrong in 16 years than I have done in my whole life....look at my id to figure out my age.

Young man, don't let people get to you. Take the good from what people try to say and ignore the crap. Things will come out okay for you, no doubt!
    06-11-08 06:12 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD