I just got my BB pearl not long ago. I am now bored with it. I got it so I can have apps but my memory cant handle them. I have 12 mb left with no apps i have to use the bb browser and not opera mini. I did all the things posted in these forms to free up mem and it helped but i still dont have enough memory to download stuff...I wish I could go back in time before i signed a 2 year deal with VZW and got the 3g iphone from At&t. I even feel that my pearl is an older phone i think it came out in like 06 but watever this is how my life goes.
    06-10-08 04:58 PM
    im not a big fan of the pearl either...but save some money and just get another BB...maybe the Curve..or the Bold.... Bolds memory capacity is gonna be 32Gigs, thats twice the size of the 3G iphone!!!
    06-10-08 05:13 PM
    I see you are with Verizon. If you can, upgrade to the Curve... Especially if you are within your 30 days. The Verizon Curve offers 90MB of memoury as opposed to the Pearl's 64MB. I just got my Curve on Saturday - you won't be disappointed.

PS - You sound depressed. It's not that big of a deal.
    06-10-08 05:19 PM
    .....PS - You sound depressed. It's not that big of a deal.
    You should be ashamed of yourself for saying something like this. Now go wash your mouth out with soap and say 10 Hail Mary's.
    06-10-08 05:23 PM
    Im sorry to hear that... im with verizon also so i know how contracts go... but i beleive they have a promotion going on (atleast here in FL) that if you dont like the service within the first 30 days you can take your number somewhere else and they pay for the calls you made... kinda like a test drive for the first 30days ... i dont know if you qualify as im not sure if youve been with them for more then 30 days but if you havnt then id look into that as you may be able to go elsewhere but if its too late then i would have to agree with jenaywins and everyone thats said to try to upgrade to the Curve... the curves a great phone... if i didnt need a phone that worked over seas i def think i would have gone with the curve myself... or you could always wait for the BOLD! alot of us are very excited about that beautiful berry!!!

Hope it all works out for you!!
    06-10-08 05:26 PM
    You should be ashamed of yourself for saying something like this. Now go wash your mouth out with soap and say 10 Hail Mary's.
    I immediately regret and apologize for what I said. It is a huge deal. Hehe.
    06-10-08 05:32 PM
    im not a big fan of the pearl either...but save some money and just get another BB...maybe the Curve..or the Bold.... Bolds memory capacity is gonna be 32Gigs, thats twice the size of the 3G iphone!!!
    How is the cap going to be 32Gb?
    And the BOLD is 3G as well, am i correct?
    06-10-08 05:34 PM
    If you push the memory leak issue problem, which they are aware of, they may let you do a early upgrade. Its worth a shot and it worked in my situation. Just be firm, but not rude.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 05:46 PM
    If you push the memory leak issue problem, which they are aware of, they may let you do a early upgrade. Its worth a shot and it worked in my situation. Just be firm, but not rude.

This is very true, although 9 out of 10 times, the rep will not acknowledge this issues. It's like a bad word at Verizon, for whatever reason... I pushed and pushed and pushed this issue to get my Curve for $149 and finally the guy said he would give it to me as an upgrade, of sorts, and give me the mail in rebate right there in-store. Now... Tell me that isn't because of the Pearl's issues... Even though he wouldn't admit it..
    06-10-08 05:48 PM

Very good point... ive always just requested to speak with a manager/supervisor if the CSR dosnt want to budge... verizon is really big on customer retention and keep in mind CSR can only do so much whether they want to help you or not... so if they cant do anything or dont wanna budge...just request a manager/supervisor and be firm about wanting to speak with one... as some CSR will give you the quick rebuttle of " they are just gunna tell you the same thing i said" then once you speak to a manager/supervisor be polite and state your case and explain that if they are not able to satisfy your needs as a "NEW" customer then obviously they are not the company that they sold themselves to be and that you will just cancel your acct and take your business else where...( im sure mentioning that ATT will have the new IPhone for 199.99 will get them thinking) this procedure and phrase has gotten me over 4 free new PDA's amoungst other things from verizon... as a matter a fact i only paid 50$ for my 8830 as they allowed me to get a BB instead of my old palm when i made an in-store insurance claim...( normally the insurance is only supposed to replace what you currently have on the acct... so i dont know how they did it but they did) Hope this works for you!!!
    06-10-08 06:16 PM
    Very good point... ive always just requested to speak with a manager/supervisor if the CSR dosnt want to budge...
    Just a little piece of trivia: CSRs never, EVER want to transfer you to a supervisor. They will avoid it at all costs. The reason for this is that if a CSR cannot resolve your issue and has to transfer you to a higher-up, this is called an escalation, and actually counts against the CSR's stats. So while it is often-times a good idea to try and get a supervisor on the phone, CSRs will try hard to make you happy because they don't want an escalation. I know this because my mum works for Verizon.

Just sharing the little knowledge I have floating around in my bird-brain.
    06-10-08 06:21 PM
    Just a little piece of trivia: CSRs never, EVER want to transfer you to a supervisor. They will avoid it at all costs. The reason for this is that if a CSR cannot resolve your issue and has to transfer you to a higher-up, this is called an escalation, and actually counts against the CSR's stats. So while it is often-times a good idea to try and get a supervisor on the phone, CSRs will try hard to make you happy because they don't want an escalation. I know this because my mum works for Verizon.

Makes alot of sense jena...that explains why all the different rebuttles... its just that sometimes you do get those CSR's that arnt too helpfull and it always comes down to asking for a manager to get anything major done like gettin a new phone for that matter...
    06-10-08 06:24 PM
    Makes alot of sense jena...that explains why all the different rebuttles... its just that sometimes you do get those CSR's that arnt too helpfull and it always comes down to asking for a manager to get anything major done like gettin a new phone for that matter...
    Yeah, you are totally right.. some just don't give an eff.
    06-10-08 06:37 PM
    32GB? How? It has 1gb internal and can hold a 16GB MicroSD card. If you're including the Mem-card I still don't know where you're getting the other 15GB from. Potentially the Bold has unlimited memory if you include the fact that it has a MicroSD slot, you can buy as many cards as you want and fill them all up. I'll probably buy one 16GB card and that'll be enough to last me until my next BB purchase which won't be anytime soon. Because the Bold is going to kick ***! I don't like the Kickstart or the Thunder. So I'll be sticking with Bold for a long time.
    06-10-08 06:47 PM

That makes sense to me, my internet was acting up for a while a couple months ago. This was going on for 2 weeks, I finally called my ISP, they told me that it was a known problem and that had sent a tech guy out as soon as they heard about it. I told her, "this has been going on for two weeks, I don't think your tech guy is alive if he has been out there working since this problem started." Then she told me that it was probably a "faulty modem" which was not the case as I told her "I've replaced my modem 3 times and have the same exact problem." She still refused to transfer me to her supervisor so I hung up and called back hoping for another one, they gave me some other bull crap reason... I hate CSR's.. They're a**tastic!
    06-10-08 06:52 PM
    I just have a feeling this phone is about to be replaced and start being called "an older blackbery" and I just bought it. I dont know what to do...

I will keep this phone as long as its trendy. I have no idea why my file free goes up and down when I havent downloaded anything & I always close down apps properly (which is very annoying). I got this phone 4/26/08. I do not want to heer my friends at school call my phone old. OMG im so mad. If I get my dad to buy me the curve. whithout getting service on it and just allowing me to see how it feels in my hands to see if i want or not...i will like it, but then everyone will say its bulky and looks like its from 1980.
    Last edited by AdonisRouse; 06-10-08 at 07:38 PM.
    06-10-08 07:33 PM
    I just have a feeling this phone is about to be replaced and start being called "an older blackbery" and I just bought it. I dont know what to do...

I will keep this phone as long as its trendy. I have no idea why my file free goes up and down when I havent downloaded anything & I always close down apps properly (which is very annoying). I got this phone 4/26/08.
    Hmm do you do battery pulls often that helps clear some memory and clearing your internet Cache's too..
    06-10-08 07:35 PM
    Hmm do you do battery pulls often that helps clear some memory and clearing your internet Cache's too..
    no. but i just did and it increased my memory to 17 mb. And is this phone old?
    06-10-08 07:44 PM
    I will keep this phone as long as its trendy.
    If this was the reason for getting the BB as opposed to proper research as to it's features and capabilities, you may very well be better off with something else.
    06-10-08 07:47 PM
    If this was the reason for getting the BB as opposed to proper research as to it's features and capabilities, you may very well be better off with something else.
    Yeah thats why ppl have blackberrys....cause they look good in your hand
    06-10-08 07:51 PM
    Yeah thats why ppl have blackberrys....cause they look good in your hand
    The look of the phone is nice, but for most of us function trumps form every day of the week and twice on Sundays

I'm just saying the phone isn't for everyone. Nothing wrong with that.
    06-10-08 07:54 PM
    The look of the phone is nice, but for most of us function trumps form every day of the week and twice on Sundays

I'm just saying the phone isn't for everyone. Nothing wrong with that.
    Everyone at my school has BlackBerrys & iPhones. I like BBs cause they are like bentleys. I dont like iPhones cause they are like mercedes.
    06-10-08 07:57 PM
    Everyone at my school has BlackBerrys & iPhones. I like BBs cause they are like bentleys. I dont like iPhones cause they are like mercedes.
    OK, I like that analogy, so you will get no argument from me on that one
    "BB, The Bentley of Cell Phones" - I like it
    06-10-08 08:00 PM
    OK, I like that analogy, so you will get no argument from me on that one
    "BB, The Bentley of Cell Phones" - I like it
    hah. well do u know when the 8130 came out?
    06-10-08 08:01 PM
    hah. well do u know when the 8130 came out?
    AG i guess what hes asking is if its a 2007 bently or a 2008?
    06-10-08 08:06 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD