When a friend send me a text message with a picture, I don't get the picture. Instead I get a message saying that I was sent a picture and I can view it on my providers website. Is there a setting I can change so I can receive these pics?
    03-12-08 12:56 PM
    I was once told by someone (at T-Mobile, I think) that in order to get the picture msgs. straight on your phone you have to be active in the service. To be active, you have to send a picture mail message. That should do it and any MMS message you receive after that should have the picture right on your screen.

I could be wrong, so don't take it as gospel, but that is what I was told.
    03-12-08 01:06 PM
    supposedly you need to send a pic to yourself, and should fix issues..
    03-12-08 01:14 PM
    Kinda like life... you've got to give to get..lol
    03-12-08 01:31 PM
    I too have heard the send yourself a pic... But... I've also read that some phones can't do mms...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 01:34 PM
    My phone does it just fine. But I remember getting some pics at tmo pics website. But that was when my phone was new. I only have issues now in bad coverage areas.

03-12-08 09:41 PM
    what is it called that I need to download from crackberry to be able to send and recieve pictures through text messaging? My phone is a verizon phone but have been transferred over to t-mobile. tmobile dont have the download plan for my phone. They said verizon have that?
    07-17-10 03:33 PM
    what is it called that I need to download from crackberry to be able to send and recieve pictures through text messaging? My phone is a verizon phone but have been transferred over to t-mobile. tmobile dont have the download plan for my phone. They said verizon have that?
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? You will be able to send/receive MMS if you have the proper BIS data plan.
    07-17-10 03:40 PM
    I could be wrong but if you guys are talking about embedded mms. It is only available with OS 5 I think. Emphasis on the word think. My 8330 came with OS 5 and has threaded sms and embedded mms. The picture is visible within the message. You could try a search here for embedded mms. Good luck gang.

07-17-10 04:12 PM
    No i dont have a blackberry bis plan?
    07-17-10 04:32 PM
    Is it not because you are on a cdma network? I know Verizon is but not sure about T-Mobile.
    07-17-10 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD