I have found a lot of answers to this question if I am on BES, but I'm not on a BES. This is my personal phone. I simply add my work email to my list of Blackberry email accounts. However, I want to know what my company can see as far as activity on my Blackberry. Can they only see messages I send through the email I have set up for work? Thanks!
    02-06-13 05:33 AM
    If you are talking about adding the email as a BIS account they can only see the messages you send via that account.
    walt63 likes this.
    02-06-13 06:14 AM
    If you are talking about adding the email as a BIS account they can only see the messages you send via that account.
    Correct, however, IT has the abilty to wipe your device if neccessary.
    02-06-13 06:45 AM
    Correct, however, IT has the abilty to wipe your device if neccessary.
    No they don't. If there is no BES managed system, and it's only an email, they have zero access to the phone. I have 2 different work emails on my phone. It's just another email address.
    lunaticwithin likes this.
    02-06-13 06:52 AM
    If you are using activesync for your work email then your IT person can wipe your device. If you have access to outlook web access 2010 at home you can go into settings, mobile devices, click on your device listed and a option for wipe device is there. If you are using IMAP or POP then you are correct your IT person can not wipe your device. Using BES your IT person could see a lot more of the devices activity than just the work emails. They also could place a lot of restrictions when using BES. Now with activesync the most popular restrictions in use is wipe device and require password.
    02-06-13 08:05 AM
    I have a question my upgrade is in 6 months but I would to know with the Z10 ,can anybody who buys the phone get the balance mode from personal to work or does require a business address to use.
    02-06-13 10:22 AM
    I have a question my upgrade is in 6 months but I would to know with the Z10 ,can anybody who buys the phone get the balance mode from personal to work or does require a business address to use.
    Balance is only available when your device is activated on a BES10 server.
    02-06-13 10:31 AM
    It requires BES
    02-06-13 10:32 AM
    Ok Thanks for the answer
    02-06-13 02:22 PM