I was just checking BlackBerry's Website and I saw the clear transition from a hardware to a software company. The website nowadays emphasizes on software more than smartphones.

I like how the website looked in 2011.. So I decided to make a thread to show you all a few pictures of the website, for the sake of nostalgia of course :) .. I used a BlackBerry Bold 9780 back then which was an excellent and elegant device.. These are screenshots of the website when BlackBerry still had a strong market position in the phones' business. (Click on pictures to expand)

Nostalgia: BlackBerry's Website in 2011-untitled.png
    Nostalgia: BlackBerry's Website in 2011-untitled5.png
    Nostalgia: BlackBerry's Website in 2011-untitled2.png
    Nostalgia: BlackBerry's Website in 2011-untitled6.png
    Nostalgia: BlackBerry's Website in 2011-untitled10.png
    Nostalgia: BlackBerry's Website in 2011-untitled11.png
    Nostalgia: BlackBerry's Website in 2011-untitled8.png
    Nostalgia: BlackBerry's Website in 2011-untitled9.png

Links to the website.. You can browse it just as if it was live.. You can also choose another date if you like:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110424...m/smartphones/
    https://web.archive.org/web/20111102.../smartphones/#

This is my first post here so I hope you like it.. Enjoy :)
    06-15-16 08:42 PM
    Awesome stuff.
    Nothing like the white Bold.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-15-16 09:03 PM
    wow!!!
    06-15-16 09:32 PM
    O man, that 9900 looks sexy!

I don't get that same tingly feeling when I go on their website anymore. Before I would want to buy up all the devices....now I don't know why I go on there. Maybe to hold on hope that I will see some announcement about a BB10 device. Haha I know....funny right!

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    06-15-16 11:32 PM
    I don't get that same tingly feeling when I go on their website anymore. Before I would want to buy up all the devices....now I don't know why I go on there. Maybe to hold on hope that I will see some announcement about a BB10 device. Haha I know....funny right!
    Their website now is just depressing.. They don't even have the pictures of the phones lined up like they used to.. and yeah same here I always wanted to buy them all when I visited the website.. We should be seeing some action after several months when they announce the new android devices but unfortunately there will be no BB10 Devices anytime soon..

I wish they would release the devices in two versions, one with Android and one with BB10.. That would satisfy everyone.. HTC did it with the One M8 (Android/Windows) and they don't have the whole Android Vs BB10 conflict we're having..
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-16-16 01:01 AM
    great first post welcome oh the memories such a clean, classy looking site. Too bad the Bold and curves were their last great phones.
    06-16-16 01:05 AM
    Memorabilia... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    06-16-16 01:32 AM
    I wish they would release the devices in two versions, one with Android and one with BB10.. That would satisfy everyone.. HTC did it with the One M8 (Android/Windows) and they don't have the whole Android Vs BB10 conflict we're having..
    HTC didn't have the development costs of an entire platform - that's exactly what BB would have trying to revive BB10. HTC could simply license (for free) WinPhone, tweak it a little, and install it on existing hardware. BB's costs for doing the same on BB10 would be far, FAR larger.

Also, WinPhone contains no Android code, so there is no conflict there, but BB10 contains Android code, as as such, it is prohibited by BB's license for GMS and Google Play - unless BB removed the Android Runtime from BB10. But then BB10 would have very few apps (many BB World apps are really re-packaged Android apps that wouldn't work without the AR), and most of those apps haven't been updated in forever. Without apps, a smartphone isn't very smart...
    06-16-16 01:34 AM
    that's exactly what BB would have trying to revive BB10. HTC could simply license (for free) WinPhone, tweak it a little, and install it on existing hardware. BB's costs for doing the same on BB10 would be far, FAR larger.
    I didn't mean reviving BB10.. That won't happen..It's all about the developers so that's a dead end.. What I mean is.. Since they are releasing two new devices for android.. They might as well release a few thousands of the same devices in BB10.. It won't cost them to release their current OS and I think the devices will get sold if they're released in a limited quantity.. While the priority for production in a large quantity goes to Android.

Also, WinPhone contains no Android code, so there is no conflict there
    Yeah I didn't mean that conflict.. I was referring to the debate we're having as BlackBerry users in terms of what is the better OS..
    06-16-16 02:23 AM
    I didn't mean reviving BB10.. That won't happen..It's all about the developers so that's a dead end.. What I mean is.. Since they are releasing two new devices for android.. They might as well release a few thousands of the same devices in BB10.. It won't cost them to release their current OS and I think the devices will get sold if they're released in a limited quantity.. While the priority for production in a large quantity goes to Android.

Yeah I didn't mean that conflict.. I was referring to the debate we're having as BlackBerry users in terms of what is the better OS..
    Yeah, it would actually be exorbitantly expensive--and more so for such a limited run. Plus, almost all the in-house developers have been gone for over a year. They can't even provide an on-time security update. BB10 est mort.

I don't like it either, but such is life.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-16-16 04:28 AM
    Those Were the Days my Friend .I had the best of the Best Bold 9900 .
    06-16-16 05:39 AM
    Ah, the golden era. Say what you will about RIM, but you can not deny that they had some of the most elegantly designed handsets on the market back then. Carrying a Blackberry gave me a sense of pride. My device showed an air of class and sophistication you just didn't get with other smartphones. The bold line especially, was a work of art.

Thanks for the post. It is most appreciated.
    Karan Riar and Sairos like this.
    06-16-16 06:08 AM
    As BB sang "The Thrill is Gone" .
    06-16-16 06:08 AM
    Ah, the golden era. Say what you will about RIM, but you can not deny that they had some of the most elegantly designed handsets on the market back then. Carrying a Blackberry gave me a sense of pride. My device showed an air of class and sophistication you just didn't get with other smartphones. The bold line especially, was a work of art.

Thanks for the post. It is most appreciated.
    The bold devices were a masterpiece..The Old Bold lineup still look like a work of art even today..I think the Q10 and Classic are an extension of these elegantly crafted Bolds.. That's why currently they're my fav BB devices..
    schlemer likes this.
    06-16-16 11:59 AM
    That Pearl!!! I always wanted that device. And I totally forgot about the Style device! Awesome throwback post.
    06-16-16 03:15 PM
    The 9850 is my favorite pre-BlackBerry 10 phone. That was an under-rated phone.

Posted using my favorite BlackBerry of all time - Priv.
    06-16-16 11:05 PM
    The 9850 is my favorite pre-BlackBerry 10 phone. That was an under-rated phone.

Posted using my favorite BlackBerry of all time - Priv.
    I tried to include all the devices so everyone would see his favorite.. Glad you found yours.
    06-16-16 11:54 PM
    Nice. I still have my white 9780, and some us still like to live in 2011

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-17-16 01:17 AM
    I think the fact that Blackberry is Canadian carries a special sense of pride with us. We don't want to see it go the way of Nortel, but people should remember that there was a time Blackberry commanded something like 75% of the global market with these now considered "antiquated" devices that are still more than capable even to this day. The 9900 was very future-proofed, etc.

06-17-16 01:22 AM
    Nice. I still have my white 9780, and some us still like to live in 2011
    Haha Yeah Good days.. I still have mine too but it is Black.. I've to tell you though.. I felt envious everytime I saw the white one.. But Black is my fav color.. so that would have been quite the betrayal if I got it in white xD..

BB6 has some great looking icons.. They still blow my mind when I fire up my bold every now and then.
    06-17-16 01:56 AM
    Haha Yeah Good days.. I still have mine too but it is Black.. I've to tell you though.. I felt envious everytime I saw the white one.. But Black is my fav color.. so that would have been quite the betrayal if I got it in white xD..

BB6 has some great looking icons.. They still blow my mind when I fire up my bold every now and then.
    I actually got my 9780 in August of 2011 new on a 3 (GAK) Year contract. The model was already a year old at this time AND the then new 9900 was just made available that month. I deliberately choose the 9780 just because it was white knowing full well that it was half as powerful. I had a LOT of trouble with the 9780 so I regretted it! I now can say I have my dream Blackberry in the 9900 after using an iphone (happily overall) for 2 years before this.

06-17-16 02:01 AM
    I actually got my 9780 in August of 2011 new on a 3 (GAK) Year contract. The model was already a year old at this time AND the then new 9900 was just made available that month. I deliberately choose the 9780 just because it was white knowing full well that it was half as powerful. I had a LOT of trouble with the 9780 so I regretted it! I now can say I have my dream Blackberry in the 9900 after using an iphone (happily overall) for 2 years before this.
    Oh Sorry to hear that.. I had a great experience with the 9780.. I got it when it came out so it was leading the Bold line for a while, until the 9900 showed up.. Never owned it though.. as I bought an android device while still using the 9780 back then.

By the way, I checked your post on the 9900.. Fantastic Stuff, I was considering buying one from a while because I never got it.. So that was the right post at the right time.. That should attract a few stares when I go public with it.. I'm definitely using it out in the wild xD..
    06-17-16 02:22 AM
    Oh Sorry to hear that.. I had a great experience with the 9780.. I got it when it came out so it was leading the Bold line for a while, until the 9900 showed up.. Never owned it though.. as I bought an android device while still using the 9780 back then.

By the way, I checked your post on the 9900.. Fantastic Stuff, I was considering buying one from a while because I never got it.. So that was the right post at the right time.. That should attract a few stares when I go public with it.. I'm definitely using it out in the wild xD..
    haha ya unfortunately the 9780 Camera Module died on me 3 times, it was replaced each time. I just got a lemon I guess, otherwise I love it.

Yup, say hi anytime over there, we love hearing the stories in that forum and we try to help each other out since there is interest in the Legacy again.

06-17-16 02:28 AM
    haha ya unfortunately the 9780 Camera Module died on me 3 times, it was replaced each time. I just got a lemon I guess, otherwise I love it.

Yup, say hi anytime over there, we love hearing the stories in that forum and we try to help each other out since there is interest in the Legacy again.
    Sure, I'll fire up some pictures when I buy it soon.
    06-17-16 02:43 AM
    Seeing that 9900 made me tear up, greatest BlackBerry ever for me.
    06-17-16 12:01 PM
51 123