Hey friends,

I just wanna make you feel nostalgic - when all BBOS users heard all the rumors about OS10 (BBX), the promised possibilities and to start into "the next decade of mobile computing with BlackBerry Superphones"...

I really miss those days!

Android was the opposite of what BlackBerry stood for, no need to deal with monthly security patches that come months too late...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Slash82; 09-19-17 at 04:12 PM.
    09-19-17 03:58 PM
    Kinda salty....
    09-20-17 08:39 AM
    Ya, I miss those days too but even worse I miss OS7 days when Blackberry was king of smartphones. As I get older I look back more as opposed when I was younger I looked forwards more! I look at the whizbanger electronics gadgets, phones, tablets and eventually pc's to run with quantum technology. Cheese, from simple to complex and this also reflects upon our local and world society too. We advance, get more technical, more complex and that is progress (??). My BB9900 as well as some of my bb10 devices sorta ground me as would a 55 Buick. Kicking n screaming I am brought into this complex web of society but I still have one foot firmly planted in the past (BB9900 and love of older 50's cars n bikes). Now it is time to light up a cigar, take a shot of brandy, armed with my BB9900 and one of my bb10 devices and reflect on it all. lol
    09-22-17 06:53 AM
    Lol that first video. Kevin was clearly fibbing when talking about Thorsten on stage at the launch. Heins was a disaster who had no business being up there. Public Speaking 101 is never clap near the microphone. I remember cringing watching the video as Thorsten kept clapping right into his chest mounted mic. You never do that when speaking in front of a large group. It is annoying and very loud and grating to those viewing. It was obvious he didn't know what he was doing. He sucked all of the life out of the launch and the whole thing was a complete mess, culminated by the baffling appearance of Alicia Keys at the end.

And jeez, RIM saying they wanted to launch a finished product couldn't be further from the truth. BB10 when launched was as beta as a beta gets, and was really bad until the updates came later.
    Last edited by donnation; 09-23-17 at 05:29 PM.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-23-17 04:59 PM
    Nostalgia you say? How about when the Blackberry Pearl (2006) was released and people went nuts for the small form factor and track ball. Then I remember Blackberry really took off the following year with the original Curve. Blackberry was on a roll and then Apple entered the room and Blackberry for whatever reason thought the Storm was the answer. lol
    10-09-17 08:21 AM